Just the 2 of Us

SeoKyu So Cute Romance

Previously: Kyuhyun’s cringe of disgust soon turned into a cringe of pain when he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his stomach. ‘Damn! This pain again!’ Kyuhyun cursed under his breath.

Kyuhyun’s left hand was clutching his aching stomach while his right hand was searching for his medicine in his pocket. But then he could not find it and realised that it might have dropped somewhere at the street corner when he bumped into Seohyun. He kneeled on the ground, his eyes started to search for any object that resembled his medicine container. But the street lights were not bright enough to allow him to search with ease.

He tried hard searching for his medicine in so much pain, but to no avail. Now he was sweating profusely and his vision started to blur. ‘God, please, help me..’ he prayed in silence. Images of his mom smiling and opening up her arms for him came to his mind. Then he started to hear a humming song. ‘Aahh, so this is it,’ Kyuhyun thought that he was going to meet his mom pretty soon. Then his eyes were gradually shut and all the images he saw and the sounds he heard disappeared completely. What he did not know was that he had not died. He just fainted. And the humming song came from Seohyun, who coincidentally was walking back home after visiting Sunny.

Seohyun’s POV

Oh, that street corner again! Huh, I hope I don’t see that ert anymore! Eh? Who’s that man, crouching on the road in the middle of the night? Ommo! Isn’t he Kyuhyun, the ert I met this morning? But what’s wrong with him? He seems to be in so much pain.

Seohyun’s POV ends

“Hey, Kyu.. gwenchanna?” Seohyun asked Kyuhyun, who was clutching his stomach. His face was so pale and he was sweating profusely. “Eomma!” he mumbled weakly before he fainted on Seohyun’s lap. Seohyun touched his forehead, which was burning hot, and that surprised her. Then she checked his pulse, which was very weak. ‘Oh, this guy must be very sick,” she thought. She was somehow worried for him. So she caught a taxi and asked the driver to help her carry Kyuhyun into the passenger seat. She sat next to Kyuhyun and put his head on her lap. She told the driver her home address. Yes, she was bringing him to her house, since she did not know any other place for him. And since she was a medicine student, she hoped she could help him and put the theory she learnt into practice.

As soon as they reached Seohyun’s house, the taxi driver carried Kyuhyun to the sofa in the living room. Luckily Seohyun’s parents were overseas for a business trip. Otherwise, they would not allow a stranger, especially a guy (or Seohyun might say: a ert) to stay with their only daughter under one roof like that.

So there they were, just the 2 of them in Seohyun’s house. Seohyun hurriedly filled a container with lukewarm water. She dipped a clean towel into it and patted Kyuhyun’s pale and sweaty face with the towel. While doing that, she could not help but staring at his handsome, chiselled face. Thick eyebrows, a sharp nose, plum and y lips. ‘I acknowledge his good look. If only his attitude is just half as good as his look, I’d probably fall for him,’ she thought. Her heart was pounding as she was staring at the unconscious boy. ‘This strange feeling.. could it be.. do I fall for him? Oh, what am I thinking? I should be taking care of him!’ Seohyun shaked her head as she was amused by her own thought.

She then put the wet towel on Kyuhyun’s forehead. She took a thermometer and measured Kyuhyun’s temperature. ‘That was so sick!!’ she whispered to herself, surprised by Kyuhyun’s high temperature: 40.8oC. So Seohyun put Kyuhyun on a drip. She also took her stethoscope and tried to examine Kyuhyun’s condition. Just as she was doing that, Kyuhyun came into consciousness and groaned weakly at his throbbing head and uncomfortable stomach.

“Where am I?” Kyuhyun asked while trying to sit. “Ugh!” but he felt so dizzy because of the sudden move that he decided to lie down again.

“You’re in my house. I found you unconscious at the street corner where we bumped into each other this morning,” Seohyun explained.

“And who has attached this IV on me? Did you call a doctor?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Nope, I am the one who put you on the drip. I’m a medicine student. Anyway, how are you feeling?” Seohyun asked.

“And why would you care? I thought you don’t want to meet me anymore? Do you like me?” Kyuhyun asked weakly.

“Yah! How could you be so annoying even when you’re this sick?” Seohyun yelled in annoyance.

“Argh!!” Kyuhyun shut his eyes and touched his temples as Seohyun’s loud voice made his headache worse. “Could you stop screaming? I’d better go home now,” Kyuhyun said and tried to get up again.

“No! You’re not going anywhere until your fever subsides. You can sleep in my parents’ room if you want. They are overseas till next week,” Seohyun said.

“What? Are you serious? Then what makes you be so sure that I won’t do any harm to you? Since you called me a ert,” Kyuhyun asked teasingly. Then his body started to shiver.

“In that state of yours? I don’t think you can do anything, really,” Seohyun said disdainfully. “Hey, let’s move to my parents’ room, it’s much warmer there,” she added after looking at the shivering Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun nodded and got up slowly. He was too weak to walk on his own. Luckily Seohyun gave him a hand.

“Come, I’ll help you,” Seohyun said. Kyuhyun hesitantly entangled his IV-free arm on Seohyun’s shoulder and walk slowly to Seohyun’s parents’ room. Then, he lied down on the bed while panting a little. “That tiring, huh?” Seohyun with her playful smile. Kyuhyun just glared at her, annoyed.

“Hey, I’m going to make some porridge for you, and then you can take your medicine, ok?” Seohyun asked while covering Kyuhyun’s body with a thick blanket. Kyuhyun just nodded and smiled, saying, “Gomawo, Seohyun.”

“You should have said that long time ago, pabo!” Seohyun said and pouted her lips. Kyuhyun just chuckled. While Seohyun was making the porridge, Kyuhyun called Ahra, saying that he would not go home at all.

“Mwo? Why? Did anything happen? Are you sick? Your voice sounds so weak,” Ahra asked worriedly.

“I’m fine. I’m in my friend’s home,” he said.

Your friend? I thought Changmin is your only friend?” Ahra asked suspiciously.

“She’s a new friend of mine. We just met today,” Kyuhyun replied and regretted it upon realizing how wrong his answer sounded.

“MWO? Your friend is a GIRL and you two just met and now you’re staying in her house? Yah! Are you crazy??” Ahra was so surprised.

“Noona, it’s not like what you might think. Ok, I’ll tell you from the beginning…” then Kyuhyun told Ahra the complete story about him and Seohyun.

“HAHAHAHA!!! That’s hilarious!” Ahra laughed her head off, amused by Kyuhyun’s story.

“Don’t laugh! I can’t get angry now that I’m this sick,” Kyuhyun snapped back.

“You don’t have to and you should not get angry at all times, anyway,” Ahra replied, still laughing.

“Yah!!” Kyuhyun almost exploded, but Ahra quickly answered in a serious tone, “Ok, ok, I’m not laughing anymore. You should have called Heechul Oppa (Heechul was Kyuhyun's doctor)! Your illness might get more serious, you see?"

"I'm fine. I just need some rest," Kyuhyun replied. He always said that he was ok although he was not.

"Ok, then. Get well soon and don’t overwork yourself, even after you recover, ok! Good night, sweety!” Ahra said.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes as Ahra called him ‘sweety’ and replied, “Ne, good night!” Then he hung up the phone.

Finally, Seohyun finished making the porridge and brought it together with a glass of water and the fever pill to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun ate the porridge hesitantly.

“Yah, eat properly!” Seohyun demanded.

“It’s still hot, and it tastes horrible,” Kyuhyun said with pouting lips. ‘Ommo! What a face! He looks so cute like a kid with that pouting lips’ Seohyun thought.

“I want jjangmyeon,” Kyuhyun said, pleading.

“What? You are sick, so you need to eat what sick people normally eat,” Seohyun said.

“My tongue is bitter and I lose my appetite, but I need to eat nevertheless. So why must it be porridge? If it’s jjangmyeon, I would at least have some incentive to eat, since it’s my favourite food,” Kyuhyun argued.

“No excuses! You must eat the porridge! Right now!!” Seohyun seldom forced others to do what she asked, but Kyuhyun did not seem to comply that easily. So she imitated Jessica’s way to urge others to do what she wanted, and it worked! Kyuhyun did eat the porridge, although with his grumpy look. Seohyun found it funny and she could not stand Kyuhyun’s adorably cute look while eating the porridge. So she shot Kyuhyun’s face with her camera phone.

CKLICK! CKLICK!

“Yah! What are you doing?!” Kyuhyun looked at Seohyun with a surprised look. And right at that moment, Seohyun shot his surprised look. “HAHAHA! Aigo..Kyeopta!” Seohyun was satisfied with the pictures.

“Hey! Delete it!” Kyuhyun was getting angry. His face turned red and he gave Seohyun his death glare.

“I’m not deleting it! Just consider this as the price you must pay for receiving my kindness,” Seohyun said, sticking out her tongue playfully.

“What??! You.. argh..” Kyuhyun was in rage but then suddenly the sharp pain in his stomach stopped him, making him groan instead. Seohyun initially thought that it was just Kyuhyun’s ploy to trick her. But his groan was gradually getting louder and he even started to tear up and bite his lower lip in agony. Seohyun then realised that Kyuhyun was really in pain. She started to panic.

“Kyu! Can you hear me? What’s wrong with you?” Seohyun asked.

“Ugh.. my stomach really hurts…“ Kyuhyun replied weakly before he fainted for the second time.

‘Oh no! Does he suffer from a very serious illness?’ Seohyun was so worried and called an ambulance.

 

TBC