Getting Ready

Tuesday Morning

Hey, thanks for subscribing and reading too chapter two!

~*~*~*~*~*

 

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry the songs have nothing to do with the plot, they're just what I'm listening too while writing

~*~*~*~*~*

 

After Kyungsoo had re-made the pancakes, the two eldest and the youngest members of the household sat around the small round wooden table, Kris being exiled to sit at the kitchen bar and watch as the rest of his family had breakfast together.

Minseok was sat in a slightly too big high chair (the same high chair that Kris had grown out of when he turned 3 was still too big for his 4 year old brother), his umma to his left and his appa to his right.

 “Umma, why can’t Kris hyung sit with us?” he whined, pouting and crossing his arms.

“Yeah umma, why can’t I sit with you?” Kris joined in, trying to copy the pout that his little brother was aiming at the dark haired man.

“I don’t know, Kris, maybe because you ate enough food by yourself to feed a whole family?” Kyungsoo answered without straying his eyes from the plastic plate in front of him, cutting a pancake into small bite size pieces for Minseok.

“You see, Kris, this is why appa should be your favourite. I would never exclude you from family moments,” the member eldest of the family interrupted, smiling sweetly at his teenage son.

“Appa, you didn’t want me in our family photos because you ‘already look like midgets,’ and I’d ‘make it worse with my freakish height,’ and that if I was part of it uncle Minho would laugh at you.”

Joonmyun’s face fell and his back slumped, a dark aura surrounding him. “Well yeah, it is freakish, you’re like 6ft, I still think you’re Chanyeols son.”

“Yah! Kim Joonmyun! What is wrong with you? You don’t say that to your kid,” Kyungsoo cried pushing the prepared plate in front of Minseok, and using his other hand to reach around and smack the back of his husband's head.

 “Also did you just imply that I cheated on you with my best friend, the same best friend I met after Kris was 3 years old?!”

“WHY DO YOU HIT ME SO MUCH?!” Joonmyun wailed, waving his arms in the air in distress. “I did not sign up for so much abuse when I married you. I signed up for warm beds and kimchi spaghetti, not your weird for hitting me-“

“APPA!” Kris cut his father off, his face morphing with disgust.

“WHAT?!”

“Don’t talk about what you and Umma do in the bedroom in front of your kids, especially not Minseokkie.”

Said boy laughed, his lips covered in sticky syrup and crumbs “Kris hyung what are you talking about? Appa didn’t mention the bedroom.”

“No he said fe-“

“YES SEOKKIE YOU’RE RIGHT, APPA DIDN’T MENTION THE BEDROOM, KRIS IS JUST BEING SILLY, AREN’T YOU KRIS?” Kyungsoo interrupted, using a soft towel to rub at Minseoks face, ignoring the way he struggled against the foreign material in favour for cleaning him. The large eyed men waited for Kris’ small nod (ignoring the small snigger he released) to continue.

“So don’t you worry Seokkie, okay? Go up stairs with Kris hyung and brush your teeth.”

The small boy nodded and reached out to his father to pull him out of his high chair before waddling over to his hyung. He wrapped his small fingers around the latter's much larger ones and tugged on them. Kris stood up and lifted his younger brother over his shoulder, laughing at the loud squeals the infant made as he ran out the room.

Kyungsoo watched his two sons with fondness; shaking his head as a small smile slipped on his face. He had raised a lovely couple of boys. He was picking up the dirty plates and cutlery to take to the sink when he felt two slender arms wrap around his waist and his husband's head nuzzled into the back of his head, halting his actions to lean back into the embrace, he smiled as the familiar scent of mint and cinnamon invaded his senses.

“Ahh Kyungie, our boys are cute aren’t they?” The shorter man nodded, too relaxed to give a verbal reply.

“They got that from you, especially Seokkie,” Kyungsoo giggled quietly turning around to wrap his arms around his captor.

“It’s a shame I can’t take him to nursery school, this is the first day off I’ve had in ages” the dark haired man pulled back, his eyes widening.

“Oh no, I forgot your appointment, I haven’t made plans for Seokkie to get to nursery and if we take him we’ll be late, urgh-“

“Just ask Kris to take him, he hasn’t got school today has he?”

“Well no, but it’s rare the school has a day off, it’s not fair to make him care for Minseok.”

“Technically he’s not caring for him. He would just be taking him for a half an hour walk. We’ll be back by the time nursery is done.”

“But stil-“

“Seriously do-do, just ask him. He loves spending time with Seokkie”

Kyungsoo sighed before cautiously nodding and nestling back into his husbands chest. “I’ll ask when I’m done cleaning up.”

 

True to his word, after Kyungsoo had washed up the last fork, he trekked upstairs (ignoring Suho’s catcalls from the landing about his arse) and headed for his eldest sons room. He knocked cauitiously, knowing that Kris had a very strict routine in the morning - that had cost Suho a small fortune in face care products – and hated to be disrupted during it.

That's why the short man wasn’t shocked when the blue door slammed open, his tall son was on the other side with his blonde hair pushed up by two pink clips and a creamy orange substance smeared across his t-zone.

“What, Umma? I’m busy.”

“Kris, I need you to do me a massive favour.” Kyungsoo said, making his eyes widen.

“What, can’t it wait until tonight? Tao’s coming over soon.”

“I need you to drop Seokkie off at school.”

“I can’t. I’m sorry but I’m really busy.”

"Kris, please I'm begging you. I have to take your dad to his doctor’s appointment. Just take Minseokkie to his nursery. Just this one time."

"Umma, I can't. I promised I'd take Tao shopping for his next date."

"Take Tao with you, then go shopping. Please, just this once?"

"But Um-"

"Please Kris, please, just this once."

"...Fine."

 

~*~*~*~*~*

Hey! Like I said at the beginning thank you for reading this far ^^ I think this chapter flows a bit better then the  other one but idk, There isn't as much baby seokkie, more family interactions! I hope you like it anyway.

TAO'S IN NEXT CHAPTER <3 AWWW I'M SO EXCITED TO PUT IT UP, hopefully Seokkie is mega adorable.

Also honestly thank you guys for subscribing, comenting and the three people that have upvoted this, it seriously means the world to me.

OKAY WELL, YEAH. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT <3