Waking Up

Tuesday Morning

So wolf came out. Holla. My baby seokkie was the cutest thing ever I swear to god. Okay story, Also thanks people for subscribing, please don't have your hopes up though, I'm a ty writer.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

 

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

 

"UMMA! UMMA! I CAN'T FIND MAMA OWL, UMMA, HE'S BEEN STOLEN! UMMA~ UMMA~" Kyungsoo's youngest, Minseok, wailed from his bedroom making the 30-something man chuckle at the dramatics, as he flips a final pancake onto an already tall pile. He disposed the dirty utensils in a previously spotless sink, and wiped his hands on the pink frilly apron -- a gift from his loving husband -- "You're the umma, Do. Ummas wear pink"-- before making his way up the stairs, and heading straight for the doors adorned with stickers of footballs and pink unicorns (A gift from his eldest child’s – Kris’- best friend, Tao)

When Kyungsoo opened the door he was greeted with the familiar scene of blue walls and a green carpet - most of his baby’s toys and clothes were safely put away in their right places. A small lump was moving around under a zebra print bed spread (Yet another gift from Tao), and a toy owl with suspiciously large eyes is sprawled half under the bed. It’s the same owl that Kris and Joonmyun had tricked Minseok into calling "Mama Owl" in broken English after he had first been given it, insisting it looked just like the boys’ Umma.

"Baby, have you tried looking at the floor?" Kyungsoo asked, casually leaning against the door frame and smiling softly when Minseok’s small head poked out from under the covers, the boy’s hair a soft orange and in a disorganized chaos, a few rouge strands flew around his head as he shook his head vigorously. 

"No Umma, why would Mama Owl be on the floor? He fell asleep with me last night," the young boy replied staring at his umma in wonder.

 Kyungsoo laughed and moved to squeeze the 4 year old’s plump cheeks.

 "Aigoo, so cute. Just check baby, maybe he became hungry in the middle of the night and went out to eat some yummy owl snacks and was too tired to fly back up to bed with you, so he slept on your floor."

"B-but Umma~ He ate at dinner time with me! You say it's naughty to eat after dinner time unless you or Appa say so." Minseok pouted as he crosses his arms. Kyungsoo giggled, gently sitting on top of the messy bed and pulling his son into a hug, nuzzling into the top of his head.

"It is, Minseokkie! Mama owl's been naughty. When we find him shall we tell him off?" Kyungsoo pulled away, looking down at Minseok, grinning when the boy’s eyes widened and shook his head quickly.

"No, umma! He only would've done it if he was really hungry. If we tell him off he might be sad and fly away!"

Kyungsoo nodded, trying to hide his grin. "Maybe you're right baby. Well, then, should we check the floor?" he waited for the cautious nod  before ducking his head down, quickly catching sight of the plush owl again and grabbing it, pulling it up with him.

Showing it to Minseok, he laughed at the young boy’s squeals of "Mama Owl!" and stretching his short arms out, grabbing it with his pudgy fingers.

The Umma of the family swooped the owl up in the air before resting it in front of the orange headed toddler’s face, using his fingers to move the floppy wings around.

 "Ahh Minseokkie, I'm super duper sorry for falling asleep on the floor last night," he spoke in the highest tone his voice allowed. "I was really hungry for some dumplings so I had to go make some."

Minseok grabbed the owl, cradling it into his chest.  "Ahhh, Mama Owl, you scared me! I thought you ran away," he cried, hugging the plush tightly.  "Umma says not to go downstairs after bed time unless it's an emergency, so don't do it anymore, kay?" He used his tiny fingers to make the owl nod before crushing it to his chest. "Also, Mama Owl, Lu-Lu told us not to call them dumplings he said to say Bao-zi instead-"

"Lu-Lu?! Who's Lu-Lu? A girlfriend?!" Kyungsoo butted in, his large eyes widening. Minseok blushed slightly, looking down.

 "Tell me, Minseokkie or I'll tickle you!" He reached his hands forward, aiming for his baby's waist when the kitten eyed toddler stopped him by grabbing onto his hand and laughing.

"It's okay, Umma! I'll tell you, instead of him being my girlfriend he says I'm his bǎo bǎo," the toddler’s clumsy tongue butchered the foreign word. "He says that's what his appa calls his umma. LayLay calls me it, too."

"LayLay… What sort of player are you, Minseok?" a soft voice spoke from the child’s doorway. Kyungsoo turned to lazily smile at the voice’s owner, giggling at Joonmyun's wink in reply.

Minseok clapped when he saw his appa, and tried to climb off his bed to greet him, small limbs tangling in the quilt in his hurry.

When he finally escaped the zebra print prison he was dangerously close to the edge of the matress but still turned to smile at his umma, proud of the accomplishment, the quick motion causing his little body to topple over  the side of the low frame and land on the carpet with a soft thump

Joonmyun chuckled as he walked towards his son. As soon as he got to the boy, he hoisted him up to hold him boy on his hip. "Ahh, is baby Seokkie okay?"

Minseok shoved his thumb in his mouth before nodding and cuddling into his appa's chest, making Kyungsoo wail at the natural aegyo. Joonmyun turned at the sound and smiled, reaching out his other hand to his wifey.

 "Come on Umma, you gotta stop your son from eating all the pancakes"

The younger man rolled his eyes, grasping the offered help and pulling himself up. "He's your son too, Joonmyun. You should stop him."

"Kris is such a mumma’s boy. The only way he’ll listen to me is if I wore a dress around the house." Joonmyun muttered, then groaned when Kyungsoo smacked him around the back of his head.

 "Did you see that Seokkie? Umma hit me!" he whined to their little son.

Kyungsoo grumbled as he followed half of his family down the stairs, 100% sure that Joonmyun was trying to turn their second child against him, as his original plan to make Kris betray him had failed horribly at around the age of 5 when Kris realized that his Umma was the one responsible for bath times and cookies, and not his Appa as he had been led to believe.

When the group of three had reached the kitchen, Kyungsoo was horrified to see his pile of pancakes - a pile so large he was sure it could've fed a family of 5 - destroyed, apart from a singular lone warrior left, a lone warrior that presently has a dirtied fork aiming for it.

"YAH! KRIS! WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF US~"

The Kim-Do household is officially awake.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm sorry the layout is bad - and the writing too probably -.- - I'm a complete dullard when it comes to making this look fancy, ANYWAY yeah, so this is like an introduction...? The whole thing was originally gonna be a one shot but I wanted it to have a lot of detail so I decided to break it up

 

Thank you for reading! 

Happy Umma-Son moments


 

SOURCE

Anyway, so technically this chapter is unedited, but i've read it and reread it so many times i'm like 75% sure I got rid of most of the kinks, I'm really sorry if you find one! It's a bit awkwardly written but that's because it's my first time writing fluff >< I promise i'll get better as the story continues! IT'S JUST THAT THIS STORY HAS LIKE 40 SUBSCRIBERS RN AND I DON'T WANNA DISAPPOINT ANYONE.

This has been edited and improved! Thank you wineandsoju <3

Anyway I really hope you enjoyed reading! <3