Chapter 25

Why we always go out for Bubble Tea

“Sehun?” Sehun heard his best friend whisper as he opened the door to his still dark room. The teen had told his mother he wasn’t feeling well and really needed to skip school after not sleeping the whole night. It hadn’t even been a lie. He really felt like . “Are you awake?” Jongin tried again and Sehun just nodded, hoping his friend could see him.

It seemed like he had because the door closed pretty fast and Jongin crawled under his blankets after a few seconds.

“What happened?” The younger just shook his head. He was afraid his voice would give away that he’d spend the last hours crying and he didn’t think he could actually talk about what happened.

“He didn’t come back?” The taller sounded really concerned and hugged him. Sehun took advantage of that and snuggled as close to him as possible only to start crying again.

“He did,” he finally said after a few minutes and Jongin looked even more worried after hearing it.

“That’s good, isn’t it? I mean… He’s not hurt, right?”

“He seemed just fine… I mean… Not really… But… Physically he’s fine… I hope…”

“You hope? I thought you saw him yesterday?”

“I did…”

“Then why don’t you know?”

“I don’t even know if we’re still together… I don’t even know if I want to… I don’t know anything anymore,” Sehun sobbed into his best friend’s shoulder.

“But… Sehun… We’re talking about Luhan! Remember? The guy you can’t live without? The guy who’s your live?”

“The guy you slept with his ex when he was in China?” It was silent for about a minute in which Jongin just stared at the ceiling.

“WHAT?”

“That’s why he didn’t contact me anymore, I guess… Seems like I was right… Being with me is boring and I’m not good enough for him…”

“No… No, Sehun! Stop that! You’re not boring! Trust me… I wouldn’t be friends with you if you were… And the one who’s not good enough is definitely not you! How can he do that to you?” Sehun felt how the arms around him tightened a bit and he could sense how angry Jongin was.

“He said he was drunk… And that he’s sorry… But… I don’t know… I just ran… I didn’t want to hear any more of that…”

“That’s totally okay, Sehun. I would have run as well… You should have called me last night… I could have come over!”

“I kind of didn’t want to see anyone… And it took a while until I really progressed it… Sorry…”

“You don’t need to be sorry… Just… Know that you can always call me when you need someone, yeah?”

“I know, Jongin… Thanks for coming over,” Sehun smiled a little. It was nice to know that Jongin would always come running if something happened.

“I was worried because you didn’t show up even though you knew I’d look better than ever today… Just kidding… It was more the fact that you didn’t send me a text in the morning… You always do that when you’re sick.”

“I do? Good to know.”

“So… What are you going to do now?”

“I honestly don’t know… My head tells me not to see him again… That it would be stupid to forgive him and that he’ll do it again… But yeah… I understand your problem with Kyungsoo now… It’s really hard to let go. I already miss him… And it feels so wrong to know he’s here again… But I’m not calling him… I’m not even texting him… It makes me feel kind of empty, you know?” Jongin nodded. He knew exactly what his friend was talking about. “How do you still live?” Sehun asked after a while and Jongin chuckled a little.

“By knowing that I never got to call him mine… That I shouldn’t have interfered. And by knowing that I still have you and my other friends and that they’ll never let me down. And well… Nayeon.”

“Does she have a sister?”

“Yeah… But you should just wait a bit… You should talk to him… I know that you don’t really want to end it like that… Take a week or maybe longer to think about it… If you feel like you could somehow forgive him by then… Maybe you should try to talk to him and well… work things out.”

“You’re not telling me to forget him because he’s an ?”

“No,” Jongin smiled. “I mean… This was a real -thing to do… But I guess he was drunk… And he may feel very sorry about it… I’m not saying this makes it alright… I’m just saying that I know you love him a lot… And I feel like he cares a lot about you as well… I think it would be a waste to throw everything away because of it… It could help you grow in a way, I guess… Does that make sense?”

“It strangely does in a way… Do you think he’ll still want to talk to me when I’m ready to?”

“Sehun… If he really loves you… He gives you all the time you need… He should be happy when you decide to talk to him again. He’s the one who ed up big time…”

“Jongin?”

“Hm?”

“I love you…”

“I know, man… I love you too!”

“I love Luhan even more…”

“I know you do…”

“I shouldn’t though…”

“I wouldn’t say that… You should just not see him for a while to sort your feelings and thoughts and stuff… And he deserves not to know what’s going to happen!”

“I feel really bad about not telling him though…”

“So? He did the same thing! Gosh, Sehun! Let him suffer a little! He deserves it! I’d really like to kill him right now… But I know it wouldn’t help you so I’ll let him live until you’ve decided if you want to keep him,” the taller laughed.

“Wow… How thoughtful. Thanks,” Sehun had to laugh as well. It had really helped to talk about it and he felt a little better, knowing that his best friend thought he should give the Chinese another chance as well. Now he only had to think about if he really wanted to risk getting hurt again.

 

 

~~~~*~~~~

 

 

On Friday Sehun felt like it was okay to live again. He had decided to go to the cinema with Jongin and Nayeon even though he couldn’t bring Luhan along. But he really needed to meet this girl before Jongin would decide to forget about Kyungsoo and get serious with her.

It had been a really good decision to join them. The movie had been fun and Nayeon was perfect. She was the kind of girl that looked really girly on the outside but was up for playing soccer on muddy fields and late night gaming sessions. It had only taken about ten minutes until Sehun had threatened his best friend to throw him out a window if he’d up with her. It’s not that the younger thought she was the perfect girlfriend for Jongin – that guy hated getting muddy and stuff – she was just the perfect friend for Sehun himself and he wouldn’t want to not be able to meet her again because of the oaf. And not to mention that he thought that Luhan would love her as well. Nayeon would be the perfect addition to their circle of friends. And maybe more of a girl for Baekhyun.

“So… What do you think? She’s nice, right?” Jongin asked when they’d brought Nayeon home and were on their way back to the subway.

“Okay… Don’t get me wrong or anything… She’s perfect and I’m going to keep her… Maybe adopt her… But NO! You and her… That won’t work,” Sehun laughed.

“I know, man… But… She knows how to keep my thoughts on track…”

“Yeah… She really does help a lot,” the younger agreed. “But you know what? Let Baek have her.”

“No way! I mean… I can’t just give her to him just because I found the perfect girl for him! That would be too easy! Let’s hide her… You know Baek… When he loves something… He gives his complete attention… We wouldn’t get to see her anymore…”

“Hell no! Hide her! FAST! Let’s lock her into your room!”

“Why my room? I still need it, you know?”

“Okay… Your sister’s room!”

“Sounds good! By the way… She also has an older brother,” Jongin winked.

“No thanks… I have Luhan… I never broke up with him, you know? I mean… I told him to go back to his ex… But I never said things between us are over!”

“Telling him to go back to his ex is pretty much the same as breaking up, Sehun.”

“God, what have I done? I need to talk to him…”

“Nope… Too early…”

“It’s been nearly a week… You even deleted the e-mail he wrote me!”

“I know… Let him suffer!”

“But I miss him… Like… A lot… And I hate how my mum gets suspicious right now…”

“You didn’t tell her?”

“Are you crazy? I want her to still like him… She’d kill him if she knew… You and Kris are the only ones who know…”

“Oh… And Baek and Yeol… Sorry… I didn’t know, it was a secret,” the older grinned shyly.

“I hate you so much… I’m going to introduce Nayeon to Baek,” Sehun stuck out his tongue.

“I wouldn’t be the only one suffering from that… No… WAIT! NO! Baek can’t have a girlfriend! That would make me the only single… I need him to stay alone!”

“Now who’s suffering?”

“You’re the worst, Oh Sehun… The worst!”

“I know… That’s why we’re going to play soccer tomorrow… Nayeon said, she’d love to come…”

“It’s going to rain tomorrow…”

“I know… Maybe I should ask Luhan to join,” he wondered aloud.

“Maybe you should really go talk to him… You’re the worst ever… How is he going to learn from his mistakes?”

“I don’t care… I just want to see him! And it’s not even ten yet… I could still go… Why did we take the early movie?”

“Because… I don’t know? We’re stupid?”

“You know how to get home by yourself, right?”

“Sure,” the taller sighed. “Good luck.”

“Thanks,” Sehun smiled at him before getting of the subway to change to another line.

 

 

~~~~*~~~~

 

 

He was back in front of Luhan’s room before he knew it and his hands were a little sweaty when he knocked. The time until the door finally opened felt like ages and he almost sighed in relieve when he finally stood before a puzzled looking Luhan, already in his sleeping clothes, glasses on his nose.

“Hey,” the Chinese whispered.

“Hey,” Sehun said because he forgot why he was here in the first place.

“Do you… want to come in?” Luhan asked after a while.

“Actually… I was hoping we could go get some bubble tea… It’s been a while since we last did that, right?” He only suggested it because that was the first thing he could think of… He hadn’t really thought about what to do or say once he was here. The older’s face lit up.

“Sure! I mean… I have to get changed first… You can come in while I do that… Kris is watching a Running Man rerun or something…”

“Okay.”

“Hey, little one,” Kris waved at him when he entered the dorm. “What brings you here?”

“I wanted to talk to Luhan,” he said and sat down next to the tall guy.

“Want me to leave?”

“No… We’re going for bubble tea…”

“I didn’t think I’d see you this fast, you know?”

“I thought Jongin was going to punch me when I told him I was coming here today… It’s just… We should talk about it, right?”

“Yeah… Still… I wouldn’t want to ever see this idiot again if I was you,” Kris reasoned.

“I thought about that… But… I didn’t really like the idea of never seeing him again…”

“Good for me… It was hard to live with him… He can get a little whiny. And by a little I mean a lot!”

“Shut up, Kris,” Luhan told his roommate off when he came back from the bathroom. “I’m ready when you are.”

“It was nice talking to you, tower,” Sehun smiled and got up.

“Nice seeing you here again, little one! I hope I’ll see more of you from now on!”

“I don’t really know about that… You’re not here a lot, you know?”

“True… But Luhan always tell me when you were here… I know everything,” the tallest laughed.

“Not everything,” Luhan said and pulled Sehun to the door. “Just some stuff I want to share with you…”

“I know enough… I don’t want to know more… It’s bad enough that you kiss the baby!”

“Hey… let him kiss the baby! The baby likes it,” Sehun yelled from the door.

“The baby doesn’t know what’s good for him… You just showed the perfect example for it by coming here,” he heard Kris voice right before pulling Luhan out of the room and slamming the door.

“Let’s get going… I don’t like this side of him… What happened to your hair? Why is it brown?”

“Oh that… I don’t know… That’s Baekhyun’s fault… He thought it was blonde… Well… Now I know tonever trust him again… Is it that bad?”

“No… I mean… I like it… It’s just… it changed… I wasn’t expecting that…”

“No one was… Trust me,” Luhan sighed. “I want my blonde hair back…”

“Blonde kills your hair though…”

“Letting Baek do it does pretty much the same to it,” the older laughed.

“It makes you look younger… And you still look cute… So it’s okay,” Sehun patted his head and Luhan smiled at him.

“Thanks for coming… I really wanted to talk to you… But I thought it would be best to wait for you to come… And Jongin…”

“What about Jongin?”

“I thought, he’d kill me when he came here…”

“What? He came to you?”

“Mhm… Two days after I told you… God he was scary! He’s like the devil in person, I swear…”

“I’m sorry… He’s just… Jongin,” Sehun laughed.

“I know… I mean… It’s actually really cute how much he cares about you… He would make a better boyfriend than me,” the older sighed.

“Nope… He’s still not over the enemy…”

“Kyungsoo?”

“Mhm…”

It didn’t take them long to get to the bubble tea store. Thanks to how late it was the store was nearly empty and they got their drinks a lot faster than during the day. They sat down and stared at each other for a while.

“Well… Go ahead,” Sehun said after a while.

“Well… I guess you want to know why I did it, right?”

“No… But I guess I should hear it…”

“To be honest… I don’t know… I was drunk… He was there… I don’t know… I told him about Korea… About you… The others… How much I missed all of you… The next thing I know is that we were in his room…”

“How drunk were you?”

“Pretty drunk, I’d say… I called him this week… To ask him… I mean… He knows about you… And he didn’t drink a lot… He said it was because he thought it would help me forget how much I miss you… So… I can’t really answer why I did it… I can only tell you I was drunk… Stupid excuse… I know… But yeah… That’s all I’ve got…”

“That sounds like he was planning it to me… That … Where can I find him?” Sehun squinted his eyes.

“Stop that… It’s not really his fault… Even if he panned it beforehand… I should have stopped it,” the Chinese watched the pearls in his tea.

“Still… That’s kind of you, right? When you were that drunk…”

“What?”

“You heard me…”

“No… I mean… I wasn’t drunk enough to call it ,” Luhan smiled a little because Sehun tried so hard to make him look innocent when he really wasn’t. “I was just too drunk to care about hurting you… I didn’t think about what I had to lose.”

“I consider it … So let’s stop this here…”

“Why are you doing that?”

“Doing what?”

“Making it sound like I was a victim…”

“Because I’d like to stop all of this… I miss you… I can’t do this anymore… Not talking to you… Not being near you… It’s hard,” the younger admitted.

“Then… Why don’t you just say that you forgive me?” Luhan wondered.

“Because it’s too early for that…”

“But twisting the truth isn’t going to help… I made a mistake... A big one… No need to cover that up because we will always know what it was really like… And who said there was a certain time that has to pass before someone can forgive?”

“Jongin said it’s too early…”

“Jongin’s not you... It may seem too early for him… But you decide when you are ready to forgive me… Oh… And another thing… By trying to turn the story around… You just show me that it’s okay to do whatever… Because you will still see me in a way too good light… If you keep this up… People will use you a lot… And you’ll get hurt a lot… So don’t try to tell you that it wasn’t my fault and hate on someone who isn’t to blame. I know the truth isn’t nice and that it hurts… But still… It’s better to just face it, isn’t it?”

“Are you telling me not to forgive you?”

“No… I’m telling you to see life as it is… And to accept that I’m not perfect… That I make mistakes just like everyone else… And to give me a chance to prove that I can learn from them when you’re really ready to do so… Not when Jongin tell you to,” Luhan squeezed his hand.

“Why aren’t you trying to convince me to just take you back?”

“Because that would be selfish… And it wouldn’t help us… If we just go back to where we were before… It could come back later… So… take your time… I can wait, you know… I mean… It’s my fault I have to… So don’t rush anything, yeah?”

“Thanks, Lu…”

“For what?”

“For thinking about it that way…,” Sehun smiled at him. “I don’t know if I could do it…”

“It’s hard for me as well… I’d really like to be with you again… But I already made one mistake… I’m not going to make another one… Now come on… The last subway is about to come… I’ll take you home.”

“What about you?”

“I’ll just walk…”

“It’s dangerous…”

“You’ve never been to China, Sehun… Seoul is really safe. Trust me.”

“I should say that it’s hard to trust you, right?”

“No… That’s just what the movies tell you to do… Do it your way!”

“Okay… Oh… We’re going to do this whole relation thing my way too… Starting from today…”

“What do you mean?”

“First: I don’t care if I’m 16 or not… So neither should you. Second: Next time you leave my side you’ll have to call at least once a day. And third: I expect you to kiss me before you leave… I didn’t tell my mum anything about this… So from now on you’ll be sleeping over on weekends again… Got it?” Sehun tried his best to keep a straight face but it was really hard while looking at Luhan smiling so widely.

“I’ll make sure to call at least two times a day. And I’ll kiss you as many times as you want me to… And I’ll sleep over as many times as you want me to!”

“The first rule, Lu! Don’t forget the first rule!”

“I think we should take it slow… I mean… We just got back together and-“

“We’re doing it my way now! We took it slow for way too long…”

“I see,” the older turned around so Sehun wouldn’t see how nervous he was.

“Are you blushing?”

“Shut up, Oh Sehun.”

“I love you too, Lu…”

“I have so many more reasons to love you right now,” he grinned and threw his arms around the younger.

 

 

 

A/N: Wow... I should let Luhan cheat more often... It got me a lot of comments... But yeah... Here we have HunHan back... Because Sehun's stupid and can't listen to his best friend... And yeah... We'll see how that works out...