Chapter 27

Why we always go out for Bubble Tea

Playing soccer had been fun. For everyone except Jongin at least. It had rained the whole time and the field had been as muddy as Sehun had hoped. Their clothes had been ready for the trash after their two-hour-play and Sehun’s mother had only laughed when they came back before making her son, Luhan, Kris and Yixing strip before entering the house.

They had taken turns to shower and were now lying in Sehun’s room. Luhan on the bed, the other three on the floor because the oldest wouldn’t move an inch to let anyone lay beside him.

“So… When is this party?” Yixing wanted to know after a while.

“We need to leave in about 3 hours… You can leave your clothes here, by the way… I mean… They’re in the washing machine right now… But I guess you don’t want to take them to the party with you… Luhan will take them back tomorrow,” Sehun answered.

“Who said I was going back home tomorrow?” he heard his boyfriend’s voice ask.

“I said that… Because you won’t let me lay in my own bed next to my own boyfriend… You !”

“I’m just too lazy to move… It requires a lot of energy, you know? I’m already old… I need to be careful,” Luhan explained and Kris grunted.

“We should sleep a little, I guess,” Sehun said after thinking for a while. “I’ll get you guys a mattress,” he added after he realized that Kris and Yixing would never fit in his bed as well and left to find everything his guests needed.

When he came back Luhan was under the blanket and had scooted over so he’d have enough space next to him.

“I’m so thankful, old man, that you wasted your precious energy to make some space for me,” he giggled.

“Just shut up and come here. The old man is cold without you,” Luhan whined.

“He’s even worse than he is in our room… Unbelievable,” Kris noted while arranging everything.

“Whatever, guys… I just want to sleep… Who sets the alarm?” Yixing mumbled from under his blanket.

“I just set it,” Sehun told him. “See you in two hours… Have sweet dreams.”

“My dreams are always sweet,” his boyfriend giggled from his side. “I dream about you 99% of the time.”

“Luhan… Shut up! No one wants to know,” Kris threw a pillow at his roommate.

“Keep that… You’ll need it down there so I can choke you with it.” The pillow flew back to his previous owner.

“Lu… Please? I’m tired,” Sehun tried to get his boyfriend back to the silent state he had been in just five minutes ago.

“Okay… I’ll shut up… But I’m not tired anymore…”

“You’re like a little child… Sleep! You’ll regret it if you don’t sleep now…”

“Love you too!”

“Luhan… I’m trying not to throw up down here,” they heard Kris’ annoyed voice.

“You’re just jealous that you don’t have a perfect boyfriend like my Hunnie…”

“I’m just jealous that I can’t sleep right now like Yixing does…” Luhan just shrugged his shoulders.

 

 

~~~~*~~~~

 

 

They were running late for the party and it really wasn’t their fault even though they overslept for about half an hour. It was Jongin who had decided he didn’t have any clothes that were good enough for the party and had dragged poor Nayeon out for shopping. Needless to say the two totally lost track of time which was why they only got to the party after most people were already drunk. Though Sehun wondered how so many people had gotten drunk in only an hour.

“Where have you been?” Kyungsoo asked them as soon as they stepped into the house.

“Sorry… Jongin and I had some stuff to do before coming here,” Nayeon winked at him before pulling Jongin on what seemed to be the dance floor for the night but was really just the whole living room of that huge house.

“Stuff?” Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow. “What stuff?”

“Oh you know,” Luhan said. “Just stuff, I guess…”

“I see…” the younger turned around and left the rest of them.

“What’s wrong with him?” Chanyeol wanted to know.

“Well… If I didn’t know any better… I’d say he’s jealous,” Luhan shrugged his shoulders.

“What’s going on with Jongin and Nayeon though?” Sehun wanted to know because the last time he and Jongin had talked about her his best friend had said that he wasn’t really interested in dating the girl even though she was really nice.

“I guess she’s trying to make him jealous,” Luhan said and shrugged his shoulders again. “So… I need something to drink. Preferable without alcohol in it… Where can I get it?”

“We’re here because of Nayeon… It’s her friend… She should know,” Baekhyun told him. “Well… She’s a little too close with Jongin right know to ask… We should just find the bar ourselves. Sure there’s nothing going on? It looks like they are kissing if you ask me…”

“This whole thing was a bad idea… I knew it,” Sehun sighed. “He’s so going to regret this tomorrow…”

“Nothing’s wrong with kissing, Sehun… As long as he doesn’t take her home,” Chanyeol patted his shoulder.

“Or is taken home by her,” Baekhyun added grinning.

“No! That can’t happen! She’s supposed to become your girlfriend in the future,” Sehun told the latter.

“What?”

“She’s perfect for you, Baek… So perfect!”

“I don’t want someone who had their tongue down Jongin’s throat, thank you very much. I don’t take my friends ex-girlfriends.”

“They’re not together! He still wants Kyungsoo… Trust me… I would know! I’m his best friend…”

“Well… Looks like he changed his mind… Sorry, Hunnie,” Baekhyun giggled and dragged Chanyeol away in order to finally find some alcohol.

“You really think he’s jealous?” Sehun turned to his boyfriend.

“Well… It looks like it… I find it strange as well…”

“I’m going to kill him! Can’t he… like… Make up his mind and stop hurting Jongin? I hate this guy so much! I swear if I find him-“

“You’ll be nice to him! Because that’s what best friends do. They’re nice to their best friend’s boyfriends.”

“He’s not his boyfriend.”

“He may be some time in the future…”

“Not if I can kill him before…”

“Stop that, baby… We’re here to have fun! Let’s get you some alcohol,” Luhan suggested.

“You hate it when I’m drunk…”

“You hate it when I’m drunk…”

“No… I hate it when you’re drunk and your family is around… You get a little too touchy for me to be comfortable with your parents watching us,” Luhan just laughed before following the rest of their friends because he was sure they’d found the bar by then.

 

 

~~~~*~~~~

 

 

Sehun found himself in his best friend’s room the next evening. They were seated in front of the TV with lots of snacks and tried to decide which movie to watch when Jongin finally realized that Sehun had missed all the fun at the party.

“Dude… Where did you go last night? You were like… gone by the time it got good!”

“We went home… We were a little tipsy,” the younger admitted and blushed a little.

“So? Being tipsy is no reason to go home… It’s a reason to stay and have some more fun!”

“Oh we had fun… Trust me,” he laughed awkwardly.

“How do you have fun at home?” Jongin pulled a face.

“Well… With Luhan?”

“You guys could have had fun at the pa- … WAIT! NO WAY! You guys didn’t... Did you?”

“Stop looking like I just told you we’ll move to mars in a few minutes… Is it really that unrealistic?”

“No… I mean… I just didn’t expect you to… Because… You just got back together and stuff…”

“Well… He said that as well…”

“But?”

“Well… I know how to change his opinion, I guess,” Sehun smiled a little.

“Gross… So… How was it?”

“I thought it was gross? Why would I tell you?”

“Oh come on! I told you as well! And I know you… You probably did something really embarrassing…”

“Thanks, man… I didn’t! It was… nice…”

“Just nice?”

“It was awesome, okay?” Sehun blushed harder. “I really enjoyed it…”

“Details?!”

“What kind of details do you want?”

“Oh you know!”

“I didn’t let him me if that’s what you want to know…”

“Did he like it?”

“Well… I hope so… I mean… I didn’t hear him complaining… It sounded more like begging to me…”

“I don’t really know if I should be proud of you or grossed out… Bambi begging… Congratulations… I need to see that once,” Jongin giggled.

“I’d kill you before you get the chance to… So… You still want to tell me I missed all the fun?”

“Yep!”

“No way… Man… What can be so much fun that you think it’s better than ?”

“Kyung…”

“Oh god… I missed everything! Why did I go home?... I knew I should have killed him before leaving… What did he do? I swear if he did something stupid he’s dead! I’ll go to his house right now!”

“He broke up with Eunmi…”

“What?”

“Yeah… I know, right?” Jongin started playing with one of his socks that lay around.

“Why would he do that? I thought he liked her? More importantly… Why did he break up with her at a party… With people around… That’s not really considerate…”

“He did it outside, don’t worry… And he did it because… Because Nayeon kissed me maybe once too often for his liking.” There was a shy smile tangling on Jongin’s lips as he stared at his sock dreamily.

“What? I don’t get that guy… I thought he didn’t like you?” Sehun started to get angry. Did that guy think Jongin some sort of game to play?

“Seems like he lied…”

“Jongin… I really don’t want to ruin this for you… But… Just don’t! Whatever you were thinking about doing… Don’t! He hurt you enough… It’s time to stop this…”

“What if it would work out? I just want to try if it could… I don’t want to have to ask myself what would have happened if I just tried for the next few years,” his best friend looked at him and he seemed a little lost.

“But… What if it doesn’t? Are you ready to go back to all the pain? Do you really want him to break your heart again? Is he really worth it?”

“I don’t know… Is he? I guess I won’t know without trying, right?” Sehun just sighed. It’s not like he couldn’t understand his friend. It was just that he didn’t trust Kyungsoo anymore. The older had proved that he was a master in playing with other people’s hearts too many times for his liking. “Look… I know why you’re concerned… And I really love you for it because there’s no one who’s more afraid of me getting hurt than you are… But… Can’t you understand how I feel?”

“I can… It was similar when I took Luhan back, right? But Kyungsoo’s not Luhan… And I don’t really know Kyungsoo… All I know is how he played with your feelings… And Eunmi’s… And that doesn’t really make me want to trust him…”

“Why did you forgive Luhan?”

“Because I love him… Because I wasn’t ready to let go yet… Because… I don’t know… I know I should have not taken him back… or at least I should have waited a little longer… But something was missing without him… I felt empty… And it’s not like we’re back to how it was before… It’s still a little awkward to be alone with him… Sometimes he looks like he wants to say something but doesn’t know if he’s allowed to… But we’re working on it… And it will get better, I hope… And I really hope that it will make us stronger in the long run and I won’t regret this decision in a few months… But at least I tried to save what we had, right?” Jongin only hummed in response. “Oh god… Okay… Yeah… It’s exactly the same… I get it… Take him… Try it… Just… Don’t let him play with your feelings anymore… And if he still does… You know where to find me…”

“Thanks!”

“You didn’t really need my approval to try, right?”

“Well… I heard a lot from the other guys last night… And it sounded like they’d hate me if I’d decide to give him a chance… I just needed to know that I wouldn’t be all alone if I did…”

“Jongin… You may be an idiot from time to time… And you sure as hell had a lot of stupid ideas… And I guess you’ll make y few decision I won’t agree with in the future… But you’re still my best friend… And best friends are there for each other no matter what!”

“Sometimes I ask myself why I didn’t just fall for you instead,” the taller sighed and hugged him.

“Because it could destroy all of this,” the younger laughed.

“Thanks… For giving him a chance…”

“You’re welcome… I guess… He deserves it just like Luhan did, right? But I swear to god… If he decides to hurt you again-“

“You can kill him then… If you get a hold of him before I do,” Jongin grinned at him.

“Deal.”

 

 

 

A/N: I'm sorry it took me so long... But well... It was my last week in Seoul and a friend came... And yeah... Now im really hyper because I'll be going back home on monday! After a little more than 2 months... So I didn't really have that much time for the story... But I swear I'll have more time once I get home!

I hope you guys can stop hating Kyungsoo that much and give him a chance... I think he deserves to show that he can do better!