Chapter 14

Why we always go out for Bubble Tea

Jongin had fallen asleep a few minutes after he had eaten the chocolate his best friend had told him to leave alone. He couldn’t help the need to eat it and he only wanted to try a little of it. It had just been too good not to eat as a whole.

When he had woken up again he only had 10 minutes left before he needed to leave. He had made his way back to his house, cursing, to change into clothes that were suitable for the outside world. Not that he didn’t look amazing in his pajama pants and his black tank top. He just thought it would be better to at least wear some other pants when going to the cinema.

He’d barley made it to the cinema when Luhan called him to tell him that Sehun couldn’t make it because he had cut his finger really badly. Why did bambi even let him cook? Everyone knew that Sehun should never get near a knife.

The Chinese also told him that he should take a look around because he had planned on watching another movie with Kyungsoo but the guy didn’t answer his phone and Luhan thought it would be rude not to tell him that he couldn’t make it.

He wondered why they didn’t just plan on going to watch a movie all together for a short while before he saw Kyungsoo entering the movie theatre.

“Hyung! Hey, hyung!” the younger jumped up and down and waved his hands to get the others attention.

“Hey Jongin! What are you doing here?” the smaller wondered when he had made his way over to him.

“Oh… I wanted to watch a movie with Sehun… But that retarded bustard tried to cook and now Luhan has to bring him to the hospital. He told me to tell you he’s sorry but he won’t be able to make it on time… Seems like your phone’s off.”

“Oh… no… I just forgot it at home,” the older blushed a little. “But… Is Sehun alright?”

“I guess… He was still able to curse in the background so he’ll survive… What movie were you guys going to watch?”

“I don’t know… Luhan told me… I forgot.”

Jongin laughed at the other. “Why did you agree to watch a movie when you don’t seem interested in it?”

“That’s not it… There are just so many movies I want to see! I love watching movies! I try to see everyone… Except for the horror movies. I hate those.”

“I see… You do have other hobbies than singing then… How about the two of us go watch a movie together? I mean… both of our dates cancelled because they’re dating each other and your date couldn’t keep my date safe and now they have to spend their evening with nurses.”

Kyungsoo laughed a little and nodded. “Sounds great. You can choose… As long as it’s nothing that will keep me from sleeping at night!”

“I’m not even allowed in those yet, hyung. And neither are you,” the younger grinned. “Is an action movie okay? Because Sehun already bought the tickets… You could see it for free.”

“Sounds cool! But I’ll give him the money back!”

“Don’t worry about it… He probably told he’s mum he was going to see the movie with Luhan and she paid for it…”

“She likes him that much?”

“Mhm… Sometimes… I think that she’d date him as well if she was a little younger…”

“This is getting a little creepy,” the shorter pulled a face. “At least she’s accepting… My parents would kill me if I brought home a guy… I think… I never introduced them to my boyfriend…”

“You have a boyfriend?”

“I had one… once… before my last girlfriend,” he admitted.

“What’s better?”

“What do you mean?”

“Do you prefer dating guys or girls…?” Jongin pulled him to the counter to get some popcorn and drinks for them.

“That depends on the person, I guess… I liked all of them for who they are… not for what they are. I mean… does it really matter if it’s a girls or a boy that you feel comfortable with?”

“That makes a lot more sense than everything Sehun always said…”

“Why? Is there a guy you’re interested in?”

“No… It’s just that Sehun always tells me that guys are way better than girls,” the younger told his friend. “So I thought that maybe I was missing something awesome.”

“You may be… I’m pretty sure there are tons of great guys on this world. And some of them may even fit perfectly with you. But on the other side there may be tons of girls like that as well… It’s just that some people prefer guys… and others girls… and some just don’t care because… Why should we abandon love when it’s right in front of our eyes because society or our friends tell us it’s wrong?… Or because we’re too stubborn to accept the fact that it’s really just the character of someone that you fall in love with?”

Jongin just blinked at the older. He hadn’t known that Kyungsoo was such an open minded person that thought about stuff like that so deeply.

“You should write a book,” he told him because he didn’t know what else to say.

“Why?” The older laughed.

“It would help me a lot… And a lot of other people as well.”

“I don’t like writing… Sorry… I could sing a song about it…”

“You’d have to write that as well…”

“That’s not the same!”

“Do you write a lot of songs?”

“Not really… I never really write whole songs… It’s more little parts of songs… But Baekhyun helped me finish one last week and Chanyeol played along on his guitar. I always thought that guy was a goofy idiot… But he’s really serious about his music,” Kyungsoo seemed truly surprised. Jongin was just shocked.

“Chanyeol plays the guitar? And he can be serious? Wow… I thought I know him…”

“Well… I guess he never needed to show this side of him around you… You don’t sing, do you?”

“True… I can’t sing for my life… I just dance…”

“Luhan told me you’re really good at it too.”

“He did?”

“Yeah… He told me about your performance. And he said that he had to admit that Sehun was right when he said you were awesome at dancing…”

“Wow… Why do you even talk about me?”

“Because sometimes I get really sick of listening to everything Sehun does all day… And you’re the only other person both of us know… Except for Baek… But he’s always with us,” Kyungsoo admitted, took his seat and placed the popcorn between the two of them.

“Oh it can get really annoying when they talk about the other… I have to listen to everything about Luhan as well… ‘Today Luhan got up at about 7 and because he was running late the poor guy didn’t even have time for breakfast’ or ‘Luhan just texted me that he misses me a lot and that he wishes I could come over… But he still has so much homework to do’. My favorite is hearing about how many minutes they kissed that day,” Jongin told the older and took some popcorn after finishing his rant.

“But it’s kind of cute. I mean… It must be nice to be so in love with each other,” the older stated.

“You weren’t when you were in your relationships?”

“Not like that… But maybe that’s because I’m not like them… I hate being all lovey-dovey! Especially in front of others.”

“That’s how it should be. Sorry… but it’s not nice to show me how utterly happy and in love you are when I’m the most depressed single in the world!”

“You’re not… I’ve seen worse. You want to know why you’re still single?”

“Is it bad? Because then I don’t want to.”

“It’s because you want to find someone this much. Love happens when you least expect it. That’s how Luhan and Sehun met, right?” Jongin nodded. “See? Just stop trying so hard. It only makes you see the flaws in everyone without considering their good points. You’re nice and handsome… You’ll find someone when time’s right, don’t worry.”

The younger blushed. “Thanks, hyung.”

“No problem.”

“But… How do I know when time’s right?”

“You’ll just know. It’s a little different every time.”

Jongin couldn’t really concentrate on the first half of the movie because he was still thinking about everything Kyungsoo had said. Maybe his hyung was right. He should stop looking for someone to love. This person would just turn up in his life on their own. He could just enjoy the time with his friends and practicing his dancing until then.

 

 

~~~~*~~~~

 

 

Sehun had been lying about cutting himself but that didn’t mean that he wasn’t injured. He’d managed to burn himself with Luhan’s teapot pretty badly and had a rather big blister on his right palm. He’d managed to hide it under a bandage and he hoped that Jongin would just believe him that it had been necessary to bandage his whole hand.

That was… If his best friend would come over. He’d already tried to call him a few times but only got the voice mail to answer him which normally meant that the oaf was still sleeping. But Sehun wanted to know how the “date” went last night and it was nearly three in the afternoon and he had enough of waiting for Jongin to wake up.

He’d decided to ring the bell at his neighbor’s door after another 20 minutes of waiting only to have Jongin’s mother telling him that her son wasn’t at home because he’d gone off to visit a friend. This was getting a little weird and the teen didn’t like that he didn’t even know if Jongin was with Kyungsoo or someone else.

It didn’t happen a lot that they hung out with other people but when they did both, Jongin and Sehun, had some friends that the other didn’t know.

 

 

~~~~*~~~~

 

 

It was eight in the evening when Jongin finally showed up in Sehun’s room and the latter nearly squeezed him to death when hugging him.

“I thought you were hurt! You didn’t answer your phone… And then you didn’t come home… Where have you been?”

“Sorry, mum… My phone’s charging in my room…. I was at Yeol’s,” Jongin rolled his eyes.

“Oh… okay… Listen… I’m really sorry I couldn’t come last night,” Sehun tried to get straight to the topic since his best friend hadn’t spent his day with Kyungsoo which was a little disappointing.

“It’s okay… I mean… Of course you would hurt yourself when trying to cook… Are you okay? Kyung was really worried and I thought he’d just run to the hospital to make sure you’re okay instead of finishing his hot chocolate when Luhan didn’t answer his text,” his best friend looked at his hand. “Wow… that looks bad! What did you do?”

“I burnt myself after cutting my finger,” the younger decided to tell the truth about him nearly burning his hand off. “The cut itself wasn’t that bad. Luhan was just freaking out a little. But Kyung? You met Kyungsoo?”

“He was supposed to go to the cinema with Luhan….”

“Oh… I only knew he was going to meet a friend as well… Great… Now I feel like an … I’m sure Kyungsoo waited forever for Luhan to show up and he couldn’t just because of me…”

“No… Luhan told me to tell him… I went to see the movie with him instead… Oh… He said you’ll get the money back next time he sees you!”

“He can keep it… My mum paid!”

“I already told him that… He insists.”

“Okay… I’ll talk to him about it… How was it?”

“It was awesome! Lots of action, blood and a few half girls,” Jongin smiled.

“I wasn’t talking about the movie, you idiot,” Sehun rolled his eyes.

“It was fun… We talked about a lot of stuff… I decided to stop trying to find a girlfriend,” the taller looked serious.

“You what?” the younger had to admit it was a little shocking to hear this kind of news.

“I won’t find one if I try that hard… I’ll just enjoy life and be happy when the right girl comes… But before she’s here I’m going to make sure you’ll never beat me at dancing!”

“Is that what you learnt last night?”

“Yup. Kyungsoo said a lot of things about love that sounded so… right? I’ll just try it his way for now. I can always go back to being desperate later.”

“Wow… Okay… So… I thought you’d tell me you fell in love with him instead of that... How disappointing.”

“Why would I fall in love with Kyung? That’s impossible.” Yeah… Impossible… Was Jongin blushing? Sehun could have sworn his best friend’s cheeks were a little pinker than before.

“Okay… Why have you been at Yeol’s? You could have taken me with you!”

“Sorry… Him, Baek and Kyung were writing some songs… And Kyung told me to come since I asked him to show me one of his songs,” Jongin started to look for some snacks and pouted when he couldn’t find any.

“You ate everything yesterday, you pig! Even the chocolate I asked you not to eat! So… Kyungie asked you to come?”

“Don’t call him that… It sounds like a cute nickname a boyfriend would give him…”

“Luhan calls him that,” Sehun said before going to the kitchen to get some chips.

“CHIPS! I love you, Hunnie,” his best friend jumped up, hugged him shortly and opened the chips even before he sat back down.

“You’ll get fat if you keep eating like that.”

“I’m still growing… I’ll grow as tall as Chanyeol.”

“Yeol’s still growing as well….”

“How? He’s already 1,80… no need to grow even more.”

“I know, right? But I told you about Kris, right? That guy’s way taller… Nearly 2 meter, I’d say. A freaking tower,” Sehun tried to show Jongin Kris’ height with his hands.

“We should get him and Yeol together. Just think about the looks people would shoot them!”

“Two guys that are higher than the buildings next to them, holding hands and kissing… They’d become famous. Sometimes you have really clever ideas, Jongin.”

“Thanks! I just prefer not to waste all of them in school. Well… I should start before I fail maths…”

“You can join me and Luhan on Saturday. We’ll be studying for the test on Wednesday…”

“No thanks… I don’t even know whose clothes will be substrated first. Are you going to divide his legs or yours?”

“I thought you didn’t want to know? But this time we’re really going to study. Luhan’s good with numbers… And I want a good grade!”

“Bambi turned you into a nerd… I still can’t believe it… Okay… I’ll join! But just to make sure that you’ll study for real. No weird stuff or I’ll scream until the police arrives!”

“You’re even worse than my mum… Now give me some of my chips! Buy your own,” Sehun complained and tried to get some of the chips before they were gone.

 

 

 

A/N: Okay... So here you have the date... Well... Neither Jongin nor Kyungsoo knew it was a date... But don't worry... There will be more of them... Well... I kind of feel bad about it already... But life's a and sometimes people have to suffer before they finally get what they want!