Separation

If I was the One

"So, why are we heading to the security office?" Sora asked while they are on the way to the security office.

 

"You'll know when we get there, unnie." Bom said while smiling mischievously. Sora didn't ask further, although she remain calm on the outside, Sora is definitely not calm on the inside not knowing what's running inside Park Bom's mind. She's nervous that Bom being here and her fiancé going his way here is related to Sandara Park and Kim Jaejoong and whatever will happen would definitely be chaotic.

 

"Miss Kang, what are you doing here?" the head of the security asked as soon as we went inside the office. Sora stared at Bom and heave a sigh.

 

Sora smiled nervously while looking at Seo In-guk, the head of the security. "Uhm, I have to see a footage, may I?" Sora asked.

 

In-guk smiled. "Alright, give me the date." In-guk told them without even asking why they needed to see the cctv footage.

 

Bom gave the date as well as the specific place she wanted to see. While watching, Bom's gaze is on fire, as if she's about to do something ominous after they finish watching.

 

"Stop!" Bom suddenly said as soon as they saw Dara leaving the girl's comfort room. "Who are those girls?" Bom asked as soon as they saw three girls leaving after Dara.

 

"They belong to the management department but why do they look like that?" Sora replied while looking at the screen.

 

"Really? Let's greet them, unnie." Bom said while smiling from ear to ear.

 

"In-guk-ssi, thanks for showing it to us." Sora said while In-guk just nodded. "Park Bom, don't create a scene here." Sora told Bom as soon as they went out of the security office.

 

"Don't worry unnie, I will just greet them." Bom said but Sora is not convinced, she know everything about Park Bom. She know that Bom's smile means something chaotic is about to happen right now.

 

"Wait a moment, Bom. I have to take this call." Sora said while holding her phone. Bom just nodded while Sora hurriedly get away from Bom.

 

"Are you done?" Bom asked when she saw Sora walking towards her.

 

"Yes. I'll remind you again, Bom. Don't cause a scene here, I don't want to lose my job." Sora said.

 

Bom gave her a thumbs up and giggled. "You won't lose your job, unnie. Oh, even if you lose it, Leeteuk oppa is always there for you." Bom said and Sora didn't even know whether to laugh or cry right now. 

 

When they arrive at the management department, Bom immediately asked a guy about Yura. Instead of answering, the guy just stood there, staring at Bom with adoration. Who would imagine that once in his life, he would see Park Bom in real life? She's one of the big female stars along with Taeyeon, Yoona and Sunny. The four empress of the entertainment industry.

 

"Taehyung-ssi, where is Yura?" Sora asked again and this time, Taehyung suddenly run away from them while shouting Yura's name making Sora and Bom giggle.

 

"Yura-ssi! Sora unnie and Park Bom's looking for you!" shouted the young man while frantically running around.

 

"Park Bom? As in Park Bom?!"

 

Suddenly, the employee halted from what they are doing. The mention of Park Bom's name made them stood from their chair, turning their heads towards the door. Bom smiled as soon as she saw Yura and the two girls get up from their chairs. Bom motioned for the three ladies to come and as a result, the girls hurriedly went towards their direction.

 

"M-miss Park... W-what do you need from me?" Yura asked nervously, probably waiting for good news to happen. Like, she won from the raffle she participated at in order to attend Bom's concert.

 

Bom smiled at Yura and at the other two ladies. "Oh, hello es." Bom greeted which made the three flabbergasted, even Sora's eyes grew wide at her greetings.

 

"W-what--"

 

"Oh, don't get me wrong. That's one of my friends soon to be single." Bom chuckled which made Sora sigh in relief. At this time, if Bom only turned around, she would be surprised to see a man walking passed at them, that man is Kim Jaejoong.

 

DARA's POV

 

"Argh! Why is that Park Bom causing a mess! I should have not told her!" I said while I'm on my way to the office. "Oppa? Where are you?!" I asked as soon as Leeteuk oppa answered my call.

 

"I'm at the office right now, sis." Leeteuk oppa said while I rolled my eyes hearing his lie. "Why?" he asked.

 

"Dummy. I am at your office right now and your secretary said that you suddenly left at the middle of your meeting. Now where the hell are you, brother?" I asked.

 

"I'm just taking a stroll sis." Leeteuk oppa said.

 

"You can't lie to me, oppa. You know that I hate it when someone lie to me. If you are on your way to my workplace, you are dead." I said in a threatening voice and I know that my brother probably's sweating right now.

 

I heard his laugh at the other side. "Don't worry, I will just make sure that Bom won't cause any trouble." Leeteuk oppa said.

 

"Make sure that Bom won't cause any trouble? Are you kidding me? You being there would cause trouble for me." I said as a matter of factly. I am not even a kid and yet the two of them likes to interfere with my own business.

 

"I promise sis, I won't cause any trouble. If I won't go right now, do you think Sora can handle Bom by herself?" Leeteuk oppa said.

 

"Argh! You two are making it hard for me to live!" I said and ended the call. After ending the call, I dialed Jaejoong's number and he answered it in one ring.

 

"Hell-"

 

"Kim Jaejoong! Where are you?!" I immediately asked as soon as he answered the call. "Yah! Don't just laugh there and answer me!" I demanded.

 

"Why? You already miss my presence, Miss Park?" Jaejoong said haughtily.

 

"Oh gosh, just answer my question, Jae. Where are you right now?" I said as I stopped the engine of my car when I finally arrived at K Corp.

 

"I am on my way to the lobby--"

 

I ended the call button as soon as I heard his response. I am so doomed right now! I immediately went inside the company and my heart is crazily beating right now when I saw my brother at the information desk. I run as fast as I could towards the location of the elevator and there I saw Jaejoong getting out of the elevator with his secretary and a few bodyguards.

 

I looked back and I saw my brother walking towards our direction so I immediately dash towards Jaejoong.

 

"What do you think you are doing, Miss Park?!" Secretary Oh said when he saw me dashing towards them while Jaejoong just stood there, motioning his guards to do nothing.

 

"I'm sorry Mr. Oh but I badly need to talk with him. And if someone ask for him, tell him that Mr. Kim is out of the country!" I told Secretary Oh and grabbed Jaejoong's hand, dragging him towards the emergency exit.

 

"What are you doing?" Jaejoong asked me after we entered the emergency exit. "Look at you, you are sweating." Jae said and I was taken aback when he suddenly wiped my sweat with his handkerchief.

 

"W-what are you doing?" I asked him while trying to stop him from wiping my sweat.

 

"Stop moving, Dara." he seriously said, still wiping the sweat from my face. "So, what's the reason why you suddenly grabbed me? You really miss me that much?" Jae said jokingly.

 

"Ah... Uhm.. I came to tell you that I am quitting." I said as an excuse. How could I possibly tell him that my brother and Bom is here, probably about to wreck havoc or maybe, Bom is already starting to cause havoc upstairs.

 

Jaejoong's brow creased. "Quitting?"

 

"Yes, I am quitting. I know that I signed the contract but I am willing to--"

 

My eyes went wide when Jae suddenly pinned me on the wall. "Why would you quit? Is it because of the rumors?" Jaejoong asked me but no words came out from me. "Or are you afraid that Bom and your brother will know where you are working?"

 

"W-what are you--"

 

"Let's go and meet your brother." Jaejoong said while I just stared at him, thinking why would he want to meet my brother and my bestfriend this time. He's out of his mind if he wants to see them, he'll be seeing the grim reaper if he really meet them now.

 

"Are you out of your mind, Kim Jaejoong? Meet my brother? Don't you know what will happen if you meet them, huh?!" I said, staring at his serious face.

 

Instead of being afraid, he suddenly laugh. "I really must be out of my mind, Dara-ah." Jae said and dragged me out of the emergency exit.

 

"Yah! Let me go!" I hissed while he was dragging me towards the elevator. The employees began to look at us and I don't even care what they think right now. "Kim Jaejoong!" I called for his name but he didn't even listen to me and just forced me to enter the elevator. "What the hell are you thinking?!"

 

"I'll meet with them-"

 

"And what? Hurt yourself?! Are you insane?! Do you think that my brother will just say some words to you and leave? Do you think that Bom will just leave you alone without throwing a punch?! Are you really out---"

 

"So what of it?!" Jaejoong yelled at me which made me speechless.

 

"What of it?! Kim Jaejoong! Do you even know what you are say--"

 

My mind went blank when Jae suddenly grabbed me and claimed my lips. I was stunned for a while but after gathering my thoughts, I immediately pushed him away.

 

"Y-You... What do you think you are doing?! In case you forgot everything, you left me four years ago! You left me with my heart completely shattered, Jaejoong. Do you even know what I went through during those times? Do you even know how much it hurt when you told me that I am just a challenge to you? Do you even know how much it hurt me when you said that you... you never love me?! Do you?!" I yelled while tears started to run down my face. "So please stop. Just stop... Stop confessing to me because even if I want to believe you, I just can't. How can I believe you? You... Don't you think that you are just mistaken again? You don't love me, Jae. You are just challenge because Joong Ki is pursuing me. That's just your ego. Your ego of not wanting to lose me to your friend." I said. Telling him everything I wanted to say.

 

"You are not just a challenge to me, not four years ago and it is still not in the present." Jaejoong said while looking straight at my eyes. "I really love you... I never stopped loving you and I will not stop loving you even in death." Jaejoong said and left me as soon as the elevator opened.

 

"You ! How dare you bully my bestfriend, huh?!"

 

I returned to reality when I heard Park Bom's voice and when I realize what's about to happen. I walked out of the elevator and saw Jaejoong near the management department and it is too late for me because he finally entered the scene.

 

"W-what are you doing in here?!" I heard Bom and my brother's voice. I immediately run towards the management department and my mouth hanged open when I saw Jaejoong on the floor.

 

"You dare show up here?" I heard my brother said and he was about to hit Jaejoong again but I covered him, making my brother halt. "Sandara Park! Get away from that bastard!" my brother said.

 

"Didn't I say not to cause trouble here?" I said while looking at the three girls behind Park Bom who looks like they are still alright.

 

"Sandara Park, didn't you hear me?" my brother said.

 

"I heard you." I said and stood up. I went towards my brother and bestfriend and hold the two of them in case they try to hurt the CEO again. "Let's go." I said and dragged the two of them.

 

Argh! I don't even know what news headline will appear on tv and newspapers but I am sure that Jaejoong will not let what happened today leak.

 

"Are you really out of your mind, Sandara Park? Why are you working at your ex boyfriend's company?! And you dare cover him from me?" my brother said while I am dragging the two of them away from the management department.

 

"I don't mix my personal life with business, Leeteuk oppa." I said but of course, that's a lie. I even want to quit immediately when I knew that Jaejoong is the CEO.

 

"Stop right there!"

 

We came to a halt when we heard Jaejoong's voice. Seriously, I just saved him from my brother but he's really asking for it.

 

"Leeteuk Hyung, Bom-ssi... I know that you detest me when I left Dara and I know that you will separate her from me but I won't make the same mistake twice. I won't lose her this time." I heard Jaejoong said.

 

"Are you really asking for it?!" Leeteuk oppa said as he face Jaejoong. "You have your chance, Jaejoong. And unfortunately, you lost it. Don't even dream of having my sister again because I won't allow it. I won't allow you to hurt my sister again so don't push it, Kim Jaejoong."

 

"I'll do everything if it means to be with her. I will prove--"

 

"There's nothing to prove, Kim Jaejoong. You know that you will end up hurting her again so stop spouting nonsense. If you truly love my sister, stay away from her!" Leeteuk oppa said and dragged me towards the elevator. "And you, young lady... I will not tell this to our parents but I expect you to stay away from that bastard." my brother said, his voice is bleak.