Putting on a Show

Guarding My Fake Girlfriend
Hui Jin had listened very carefully when Daehyun told her about how things could work. He and his bandmates would give her a ride to and from school while during school if she wanted to go somewhere he should go with her. Hui Jin nodding accepting the plan but the look in her eyes told him that she didn't trust him. She followed him awkwardly close slowly she seemed to relax about being so close to him. The school took notice immediately making her do what he suggested. 'If you feel like you've had enough grab my hand' Hui Jin's hand slid into his with a smile just for her he lead her away from the students.
 
"That was too much", Hui Jin whispers.
 
"You did great"
 
"Please don't lie, it's unattractive", Hui Jin sighs.
 
Daehyun nods looking down seeing her hand still clinging to his waiting to see how long she planned to hold his hand. She didn't let go....one minute......two.....two and half. Hui Jin jerked her hand back looking at Daehyun directing her confusion at him.
 
"Daehyun hyung, hyung", Jong Up appears.
 
"Jong Up what's going on?"
 
"Someone started a fight and Young Jae hyung is caught in the middle"
 
Daehyun looks at Hui Jin, "I'll be right back, okay?"
 
Hui Jin nods.
 
"Come on Jong Upie"
 
Daehyun wanted to take Hui Jin with him but it would be easier to help Young Jae if Hui Jin stayed here. He rushed off hoping his best friend was okay while wondering when he got there.
 
 
 
 
Hui Jin sat where he had sat beside her, she wasn't sure why he was being so nice to her. Why was it he and his friends were taking care of her while everyone else treated her like her mother did. He was famous too. Although thanks to her mother trying to force her she became the unoffical face of YuTao even though she was equal partners with someone else her mother carted her from event to event. So Hui Jin was pretty well known herself. Everyone at this school only saw her without makeup so no one made the connection. No one except them. It would tickle her mother to know she was spending time with such famous people. She bit her lip as she realized her mother would leave her alone about dating if she thought she was dating Daehyun. Hui Jin jumped to her feet hearing someone approaching. When the door opened her heart sank as the person who appointed herself Hui Jin's punisher stood with a smirk, Lee Geum Hee.
 
"Yah! Where's your boyfriend? Is he even your boyfriend?", Geum Hee laughs.
 
"He is", Hui Jin manages.
 
"I don't think so"
 
Hui Jin stands still trying not to look at Geum Hee.
 
"I'm not going to let you corrupt my Daehyun"
 
"I wasn't aware he was yours......sorry", Hui Jin mumbles.
 
Geum Hee's eye twitches, Hui Jin guessed that wasn't the reaction Geum Hee wanted. The other girl stalks towards Hui Jin grabbing a handful of her hair pulling her along down to the first floor of the school. Hui Jin looks down the hallway hoping he would show up and save her like before. Geum Hee didn't fight with punches this girl fought like a cat using her long manicured nails and hair pulling. Hui Jin held out as long as she could trying to not get hit. She got hopeful hearing approaching footsteps but the voice that shouted at them wasn't Daehyun's or any of his friends, it was none other than Geum Hee's real boyfriend Jae Hyun. Hui Jin used the small opening to run away hoping the driver was waiting like her mother arranged. Enough if it was so she could go to a televised event whatever got her away from Geum Hee was perfect at the moment. The car however was blocked in by someone else's van which meant sitting in a car while they banged on the windows. Hui Jin tries to turn around to find another way getting stuck between a large group of students surrounding something and Geum Hee.
 
"Look it's the Weird girl.....Oh! I think Geum Hee-ssi is gonna give it to her!.....Look...Geum Hee!"
 
Hui Jin did her best to ignore them as they turned their attention to her and Geum Hee. The only thoughts in her head being Where is he? He said he'd protect me didn't he? Why did I trust him? He's not coming this time. Hui Jin felt the warm sting of tears threatening to fall as she accepts that Daehyun lied about protecting her. She had only known him a day or so, so it made since that by now he would be tired of protecting her by now. As she rationalized it the sting lessened and it became easily for her to accept. The crowd starts chanting Geum Hee's name guessing she would be the winner. Hui Jin stood still seeing the crowd was now circling her and a now smirking Geum Hee. No chance of escaping leaving one option. Stand there and take it. She closed her eyes trying to think of something pleasant to distract herself from what was about to happen only coming up with Daehyun. Hui Jin did her best to keep the image of him smiling in her mind as Geum Hee clawed at her.
 
"Move! Geum Hee he's--"
 
Daehyun moves easily through the crowd, "Hui Jin! Are you okay?"
 
Hui Jin shrugs staying where Geum Hee knocked her, Daehyun and Young Jae help her stand up. Two girls appear offering to help the boys take care of Hui Jin. One looked as badly beat up as Hui Jin, the other refused to meet Daehyun or Young Jae's gaze. Daehyun let them take Hui Jin into the girls bathroom but he argued that he would be waiting just outside the door. They introduced themselves as Baek Sumin and Song Ah Ri. Hui Jin had seen them in magazines although had never learned their names till now. Sumin took care of Hui Jin's wounds as Ah Ri talked to Hui Jin. Ah Ri was the one who looked beat up leading Hui Jin to wonder if she was the one involved in whatever Daehyun went to break up.
 
"You can call us Unni okay?", Ah Ri smiles.
 
Hui Jin nods.
 
"Have you thought about wearing make-up Hui Jin?", Ah Ri smiles eagerly.
 
"I do for special occassions"
 
"Only special occassions?"
 
Hui Jin nods.
 
"Like dates with Daehyun?", Sumin smiles slightly.
 
Hui Jin pauses, "He's too busy for dates"
 
Ah Ri puts her hands on her hips, "That is unacceptable!"
 
"My mom makes me go on dates though", Hui Jin tries to help.
 
"Even though you have Daehyun?"
 
Ah Ri gasps, "She doesn't know does she?"
 
Hui Jin shakes her head.
 
"You guys don't plan on going public", Sumin guesses.
 
"But you should tell your mother", Ah Ri pouts.
 
"She'd makes us go public then probably start planning our wedding", Hui Jin shakes her head.
 
"Well we're hogging Hui Jin", Sumin gestures towards the door.
 
"Right! He's probably getting all worked up waiting for her", Ah Ri giggles.
 
 
 
 
 
"Ready to go?", Daehyun smiles.
 
"Yah! Daehyun ah! Why haven't you taken Hui Jin ah on a date?!", Ah Ri pouts.
 
"A date?", Daehyun blushes.
 
"Ah Ri behave", Sumin scolds.
 
"But he should at least take her on a date", Ah Ri whines.
 
"He's busy", Sumin sighs.
 
"But....But--"
 
Sumin sighs pulling Ah Ri away from Daehyun and Hui Jin still whining about Daehyun having to take Hui Jin on a date. Daehyun looks at Hui Jin wondering if she did want to go on a date with him. Hui Jin pouts watching Ah Ri and Sumin leave making him wonder if Ah Ri was just trying to put the ideas in her head. He tilts his head before taking her hand leading her away.
 
"Should I call you Daehyun ah?", Hui Jin manages.
 
"Hui Jin ah, do you want to go on a date?"
 
Hui Jin freezes beside him turning bright red.
 
"The way Ah Ri ssi was talking...", Daehyun tries to explain turning bright red.
 
Hui Jin hides behind her hair.