I Will Protect You

Guarding My Fake Girlfriend
Daehyun entered the school gate with Jong Up since Young Jae had a schedule. Jong Up was listening to music as he walked beside Daehyun but anyone could see Daehun's eyes scanning the fans cheerfully greeting them. With a tap on his arm Jong Up draws his attention to Hui Jin waiting in the doorway looking very uncomfortable. Jong Up blinks staring at the expression on Daehyun's face before he rushed off to greet Hui Jin leaving Jong Up standing alone.
 
"Hey Hui Jin-ssi", Daehyun bows.
 
"Here. Taik ah made me get this for you"
 
"A present for me? Why?"
 
"I don't know!....just take it"
 
Daehyun bows accepting the present, he looks it over then looks at her. He could see the bandages hidden behind her hair although he noticed for the first time her eyes were visible. Daehyun felt a lump grow in his throat as he stared into her dull black eyes. He watched her turn and leave disappear into the school. How could one person experince this much sadness and still find the strength to face these people again day after day? The answer was in her eyes. Jong Up waves his hand in front of Daehyun's face drawing his attention away from his thoughts. Daehyun hands Jong Up the present running down the hallway trying to find Hui Jin. He wasn't going to sit around waiting for her to ask for help not anymore. If she didn't want his help then she would have to learn to deal with his help. The roof! She was hiding there yesterday maybe... Daehyun ran straight for the roof throwing open the door. Smiling through his shallow breath to see her sitting down listening to music.
 
"Hui Jin -ssi"
 
"Go away"
 
"No"
 
"What?"
 
Daehyun doesn't say anything as he walks over to her but her eyes followed him carefully. He sits beside her, she watches him carefully still not trusting him he figured. She deeply sighs then puts an earbud in his ear telling not to talk only listen. He laughs softly as another one of his band's songs plays this time It's All Lies. Hui Jin pays him no attention mouthing the words to the song basically ignoring his presence. Daehyun smiles singing along when it came to his part even catching Hui Jin staring at him as he sung. By the time the song ended Hui Jin was singing with Daehyun giving him a chance to see her skills. Although by the third song she had stopped singing, he peeked a glance at her to see her sleeping in an awkward postion. A noise steals his attention away from Hui Jin.
 
"Daehyun hyung? ....why are you with Hui Jin noona?"
 
"Chihoon", Daehyun freezes trying to come up with something.
 
"Are you two...", Chihoon pouts.
 
"....I'm checking up on her", Daehyun looks at Hui Jin, "She was hurt really badly last time I saw her"
 
Chihoon hurries over, "I heard you were the one who took her to the hospital"
 
"Me and my members"
 
".....would it be okay if....maybe......you could introduce me.....to", Chihoon looks at Hui Jin.
 
Daehyun blinks, "Chihoon--"
 
"Himchan! He's so cool! My sister thinks that Yongguk is better but I disagree! Himchan is so much better!"
 
Daehyun laughs listening to Chihoon continue his fan boy rant about Himchan. As they talked Hui Jin moved in her sleep curling into a ball. Chihoon leaves to attend class which left Daehyun the important decision, go and risk letting someone get ahold of her or stay and miss a few classes. He stares at her thinking of her dark eyes of course she wakes up at that moment. She stands up stretching but not before calling him a ert. He stands up dusting himself glancing at her to see her dancing once more however he couldn't place the dance.
 
"Is this what you do in place of studying?"
 
Hui Jin nods.
 
"Will you tell me why?"
 
Hui Jin stops and looks at him, "Why do you want to know?"
 
"I'm trying to be your friend", Daehyun smiles.
 
Hui Jin blinks as if confused.
 
"You seem like you need one"
 
"....What do friends do?"
 
Daehyun could swear she was blushing as she asked. He repeated his original question with a simple explaination of friend get to know each other.
 
"My mother made me train since I was young"
 
"Made you?"
 
"I couldn't make the grades she expected so being an entertainer was all I had left", Hui Jin says bitterly. Daehyun stood silently not wanting to upset her or pushing to reveal more than she wanted.
 
"Is this what friends really do? Sit around and tell....I should go"
 
"Why?"
 
"I don't like it"
 
"Then we don't have to do that"
 
"I should leave before school gets out"
 
"Why?"
 
"They'll want to spend time with you"
 
"...You don't want to be seen with me"
 
Hui Jin pauses, "I don't think Taik ah would fair well if I get hurt again"
 
Daehyun tried to come up with something clever to say but she was leaving too quickly. He blurted out the first thing that came to mind sounding very strange.
 
"I'll protect you!"
 
Hui Jin froze, "How?"
 
Daehyun bit his lip, ".....Be my girlfriend"
 
"No", Hui Jin says quickly.
 
"Then at least pretend! People would afraid to mess with you"
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"Would you want your bias hating you?", Daehyun manages a little smile.
 
"No but then again you might not like him"
 
"Are you trying to making a joke?", Daehyun smiles brighter.
 
Hui Jin nods stiffly.
 
Daehyun laughs making Hui Jin look at him,"Does this mean you'll at least pretend?"
 
Hui Jin nods.