Homecoming

사랑아: For the Love of Onew

"....and then we ended up here!" Taemin exclaimed cheerfully, despite the seriousness of the story. Jonghyun stared in shock at the maknae for a moment, before looking over at Sojin.

"Is that true? Or is Taemin playing a prank on us?" the singer asked. Sojin shook his head.

"No, he's telling the truth. They broke into my apartment..." the boy stated sadly, thinking of all the damage that had been done to his home. His parents paid a hefty sum of money for him to live alone in Gangnam and he felt bad tearing the place apart. Speaking of his parents....a shiver ran down the boy's spine. What if the hitmen knew where they lived? What if...?

Realizing the possibility, the boy's eyes widened and he jumped to his feet. The idols, who had been discussing the incident, looked at him in surprise. 

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!! My parents! They probably went after my parents when they couldn't find us!" he stated, biting his lip in panic. "I have to go check right now!"

Sojin headed towards the door, but was pulled back by Jonghyun. 

"Didn't you say your parents live in Oksu?" the maknae asked, remembering their prior conversation. Sojin nodded. "That's way too far away for you to walk! Let Onew hyung drive you!" 

Taemin ran over and poked the leader in the side. "You'll give him a ride, right?"

Onew looked confused for a moment until a huge grin spread over his face. "Of course! I love driving!" 

Sojin let out an internal laugh. The leader was so uncoordinated when just walking, it was hard to imagine him driving. Regardless, it was certainly the fastest way to his parents' house and he would never refuse an offer to spend more time with the oldest member. Jonghyun looked at Taemin, who seemed to be getting ready to go with Sojin and Onew.

"Ya. Don't you have filming today? With Minho and Key?" the lead singer asked. Taemin froze, suddenly remembering his schedule. Crossing his arms, he pouted, stating that he'd rather go look for the boy's parents than film for a stupid show.

"Don't worry, don't worry. I'll go with them in your place," Jonghyun said, letting out an evil laugh. Immediately, the two set to play fighting and arguing over who got to do what.

"Umm...not to be pushy...but...can we go look for my parents?" asked Sojin, tapping his fingers together anxiously.

"Oh, right! Follow me! See you three later!" Onew said, waving goodbye to Key, Minho, and a grumpy Taemin. Sojin and Jonghyun followed the leader out of the door, also waving goodbye.

"Don't worry, Taemin! The way things are going...I'm sure I'll see you again," Sojin said with a smile, forcing the maknae to stop pouting. Taemin nodded eagerly and waved goodbye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shotgun!" called Jonghyun, raising his hand as soon as the car came into view. Upon his victory, the singer immediately started laughing and celebrating. From the few interactions they had had, Sojin was finding it hard to believe that the lead singer wasn't completely insane. Insane in a good way, but insane nonetheless. Sojin shot him a glare.

"Not fair! I didn't even know what the car looks like!" he exclaimed, poking Jonghyun in the arm. "Besides, I'm taller, I need the leg room."

Jonghyun immediately flew into a fit after having his height called out. "Ya! You little! You're only Taemin's height! That's not much taller!"

Onew laughed at the two as he unlocked the doors to the shining BMW. "Sojin's a guest so of course he gets to sit in the front, Jong!" 

"Wha?!" the singer exclaimed, shocked that the leader had betrayed him. Sojin let out a quiet giggle as he heard Jonghyun complaining under his breath as he got into the back seat.

Onew looked back at Jonghyun. "Don't worry! By car, it's a pretty short ride, so you won't have to be back there for long!"

The oldest boy was right. Within a half hour, they had arrived in front of his parents' building. Sojin hopped out of the car and dashed inside the door, Onew and Jonghyun not far behind. Reaching his parents' apartment, he banged on the door, nervous of what he would find. The boy teared up even at the thought of something happening to his innocent parents. A minute passed with no reply and Onew placed his hand on the boy's shoulder, trying to calm him down. 

"Ya!!" Sojin screamed, pounding on the door even harder, as tears filled his eyes. "Answer!"

To his surprise, the door swung open, revealing his confused looking mother. All three kids awkwardly froze.

"I was taking a nap! What's so urgent? I thought you were dying out here!" his mom asked. Sojin quickly wiped away the water from his eyes, not wanting his mom to see.

"Where's dad?!" the boy exclaimed, peering inside the apartment, still panicked. Everything seemed to be intact.

"He's taking a shower," his mom replied, finally seeming to notice the two boys along with her son. "Is that...is that Onew?! And that other Shinee member?"

Jonghyun stifled a glare upon having his name forgotten. Sojin looked behind him, forgetting that the two idols had come along with him. How would he explain this to his parents?

"Onew? Haha, no! How would I know Onew?! This is...Jinwoo. And that's....Sanghoon," the boy replied, giving looks to the idols to make sure they wouldn't give away their identities. 

"Oh, well they look just like Shinee! You're making very handsome friends these days! Would you two like some lunch?" his mom offered. Sojin turned around, giving the duo his best "you'd better say no or I'll kill you" look.

"Sure!" Onew replied, happily, causing Sojin to facepalm. His mom caught sight of the action and glared at her son.

"What kind of manners are those?!" she asked, scolding him. "You should be happy that your cute friends want to meet your parents!"

Sojin sighed as his mom led the two boys into the apartment. 

"Thanks, Jinwoo...." he muttered to Onew as the idol walked past him. Onew let out a hysterical laugh, grabbing the boy and pulling him into the apartment as well. Sojin guided the two idols to seats at a glass dining table and ordered them to sit down as his mom headed into the kitchen, still within view. 

"So, what do you boys do? Are you students as well?" his mom asked as Sojin took a seat across the table from the idols. Jonghyun leaned across the table, beckoning Sojin to lean in as well.

"What's your last name?!" the singer whispered.

"Park! You better not let her realize who you guys are! I'll kill you!" he hissed.

Jonghyun leaned back. "Oh, yes! We're students at Sojin's school, Mrs. Park! Although, I also work two jobs outside of school to raise money for my family."

Sojin gave Jonghyun a confused look.

"Wow, smarthardworking, and good-looking! Sanghoon, right? I'll remember that," came his mom's voice. A smile spread across the lead singer's face, obviously satisfied with himself as Onew tried to stifle a giggle. Sojin let out a sigh, giving up on trying to control the pair. As long as they didn't give away their identities. The boy's mom walked out of the kitchen, holding two bowls of steaming soup.

"It's homemade ramen! I hope you boys like it!" she exclaimed, placing bowls in front of the two idols, then returning to the kitchen. "We didn't have enough for all three of you so...just come home another time, Sojin-ah!"

The idols struggled to hold in their laughter as Sojin glared daggers at them. The two took a few bites of the ramen, before Onew turned towards the kitchen.

"Wow, it's so delicious, Mrs. Park! I wish you could cook for us everyday!" Onew said, flashing his signature grin.

"Oh my! So polite! You really do look like Onew, Jinwoo! So handsome!" his mom replied. The idol let out a laugh and thanked her. Sojin slammed his hand on the table, looking over at his mom.

"Ya! Mom! You're so embarrassing!" he exclaimed. However, he had spoken to soon. 

"Honey?" came the voice of Sojin's dad. "Have you done the laundry? I don't have any underwear left..."

The two idols seemed to catch sight of something behind the boy and immediately burst into hysterical laughter -- Jonghyun almost falling out of his chair. Sojin closed his eyes and gritted his teeth, fearing what he would see when he turned around. Reopening them, he saw his dad standing in the hall, stark .

"YAAAAA! Ahh, my eyes!" the boy exclaimed, jumping up and pushing his dad back down the hallway. "What are you doing! Go put on clothes!"

His mom hurried down the hallway after her husband as Sojin slowly walked back to the table where the duo was still laughing. Sitting back down, the boy slammed his head down on the table.

"Just. Eat." he commanded, completely humiliated. Onew moved around the table to sit next to the boy, still giggling.

"Ah, your family is too hilarious! Now pick your head up!" Onew commanded. Sojin grudgingly obeyed and saw that the idol was holding ramen out for him to eat. "You have to eat some too!"

Sojin smiled. Onew was too cute -- always looking out for the younger boy. The boy opened his mouth and ate the ramen, thanking the idol. Looking over at the lead singer, he was surprised to find that he had already finished his ramen.

"Onew -- er, Jinwoo, was telling the truth! It really is delicious!" Jonghyun exclaimed, placing his chopsticks into the empty bowl and leaning back. Onew and Sojin quickly finished their bowl as well. As soon as the last noodle had been eaten, the youngest boy immediately rose from the table. 

"Okay, let's go! I've had enough of being humiliated," he stated, before turning towards the hallway. "We're leaving, mom! Bye!"

"So soon?" came his mom's voice from down the hall. "Well, you boys take care! Stop by anytime!"

Jonghyun turned around. "Thank you very much! We might have to take you up on that offer!"

Rolling his eyes, Sojin pushed the idols out the front door, closing it firmly behind him.

--------------------------------------------------------

looooooool sorry guys! xD this turned into like..a filler chapter. the next one should be more romantic/actiony!