Spark

사랑아: For the Love of Onew

    The three boys arrived home a few hours later after grabbing dinner. The sun had already set and even though he hadn’t done much all day, Sojin felt sleepiness setting in. Upon arriving home, he was surprised to see that all of the members had returned to the apartment in the time that he had been with Key and Minho. Getting to spend time with all five of the Shinee members was quite rare with their ridiculous schedules. Sojin happily greeted Taemin and Jonghyun who were playing a board game on the living room floor, then headed to the kitchen where Onew stood. Upon seeing the younger boy, the leader’s face lit up as he wrapped his arm around the boy’s shoulders.

    “You hung out with Minho and Key today, eh?” Onew asked, watching the rapper and diva join in on the board game. Sojin let out a nervous chuckle, tensing at the touch of the leader’s arm. He had finally gotten used to spending time with the older boy, but after his encounter with the girl, it felt as if he had gone back to square one. 

    “Er…yes! We went grocery shopping,” the boy replied, looking up at the Shinee member. “There are cupcakes! I got one for you. Let me get it!”

    Sojin squirmed free from the leader’s arm and ran over to Minho, tapping the rapper lightly on the shoulder. The rapper, completely caught up in the game, ignored the tap, cheering loudly as he moved his piece across the board. Taemin, noticing Sojin behind the rapper, got Minho’s attention and pointed him towards the younger boy.

    “Oh, Sojin! What do you need?” Minho asked, turning to face the black-haired boy. 

    “Ah…can I take a cupcake for Onew?” the boy asked, pointing to the case of cupcakes. Minho gave him a confused look before starting to laugh.

    “Why are you asking me? You’re the one who bought them!” the rapper exclaimed, turning back to the game. Sojin opened his mouth to retort that he had given them to the rapper as a gift, but decided against it, heading towards the box. He picked the prettiest looking one, lifting it from the box and returning to Onew.

    “Here!” he exclaimed, handing the cupcake to Onew, then leaning in a bit. He added in a whisper, “It’s the best one…don’t tell them I gave it to you!”

    The leader laughed and thanked him, taking a bite of the cupcake and squeezing his face in delight. 

    “Wah, it’s so good, Sojin! I didn’t know these cupcakes existed!” he exclaimed, holding the cupcake towards the younger boy. “Take a bite!” 

    Sojin opened his mouth to refuse, still shy around the leader, but thought twice before speaking. He only had one week to accomplish his mission, which meant he had to get over his shyness and get things moving. Rather than refusing the cupcake, the younger boy smiled and took a bite, getting some icing on his nose. 

    “Eh…?” he exclaimed, looking down cross-eyed at his nose, before swiping the icing off with his finger and eating it. The boy added a small giggle. Sojin winced internally at the whole scene. That had definitely been way too much aegyo…even he found it sickening.

    Too much, too much! I have to tone it back, he thought to himself, looking up at the leader. Onew seemed a bit taken aback by the whole scene, but then burst into laughter, patting Sojin on the back.

    “Sojin-ah, you’re one strange kid,” he exclaimed, still laughing. Sojin joined in, giggling nervously. The singer quickly ate the rest of the cupcake then turned his attention back to the boy. “Ah, it’s been a long day for me! I’m gonna head to bed. Don’t worry about waking me up when you come in!”

    Sojin nodded happily, before stepping out of the way so Onew could head to the bedroom. The older boy smiled and began walking past the other members towards his room.

    “Wait!” Sojin exclaimed suddenly, causing the leader to look back in surprise. “Er…what are you doing tomorrow?”

    Onew tilted his head curiously, then broke into a grin. “My day is pretty free tomorrow! Why? Do you wanna hang out with your hyung?”

    Sojin smiled happily, nodding. “Yeah! I missed you today!” 

    “Alright then, I’m all yours tomorrow!” the leader exclaimed, giving a thumbs up before turning back towards his room. The younger boy let out a sigh of relief, leaning against the kitchen counter. Normally, he would never have asked to hang out, but time was ticking. He couldn’t just sit around and wait anymore.

    “Ya! Why don’t you two just get married already?” came Key’s voice. At first Sojin thought the diva was talking to his fellow members playing the board game, but as the others began laughing, he realized the question was directed at him.

    “Wh-what! It’s not like that! He’s just the first one I hung out with!” Sojin exclaimed, flailing his arms as his face flushed. Key laughed and rolled his eyes as he moved his piece around the board.

    “Suuuuuure,” he replied, the other three members still chuckling. 

    “Y-ya! Stop laughing before I beat all of you up!” Sojin exclaimed, stamping his foot defiantly before walking over to the members. As soon as he came within a few feet, Key snapped his arm out, grabbing Sojin’s ankle and giving it a strong squeeze.

    “You’re gonna beat me up?” the diva asked as Sojin jumped back in surprise.

    “Er…um…everyone but Key!” Sojin exclaimed, running around to the side of the board opposite from Key, crouching and taking shelter behind Jonghyun. The lead singer laughed and patted the boy on the back.

    “Don’t worry, I’ll defend you,” he stated enthusiastically. Key shot him a glare and the singer quickly pulled his arm away from Sojin. “Just kidding, you’re on your own!” 

    Sojin let out a laugh at how goofy the members were then took a seat next to Taemin. He watched the boys play a few more rounds of the game before he found himself drifting off. Sojin’s head jerked up as he felt someone poke him in his ribs, awakening him from his drowsy state. Turning to his left, he saw that the culprit was the group’s maknae.

    “Sojin! I’m going to sleep now…you should too! You’ve been nodding off for the past half hour,” the dancer stated. The non-idol nodded his agreement, embarrassed. The maknae jumped to his feet, then pulled Sojin up as well. The pair bid the other members good night, then headed down the hallway to the bedrooms. As Sojin passed by the maknae’s room towards Onew’s bedroom, he felt Taemin grab his arm.

    “Sojinnnn! Sleep in my room tonight! It’s not fair that you always have sleepovers with Onew hyung!” he exclaimed, putting on a pouty face. Sojin hesitated for a moment.

    “It’s just sleeping! It’s not like you’re missing out on anything,” he replied. He wanted to spend as much time with Onew as possible over the next few days, even if it meant they were simply sleeping in the same room. 

    “If it’s just sleeping, then just sleep in my room! Do you not like me?” Taemin asked, guilting the other boy. Sojin shot the maknae a glare for even asking that question.

    “I do, I do! It’s just…” he began, hesitating for a moment. 

    “Just what?” asked the dancer, lifting an eyebrow. Sojin considered telling the maknae about the whole situation, but then decided against it.

    “Nothing! Fine, I’ll stay in your room for tonight. But tonight only!” he replied, not wanting to press the subject further. Taemin let out a cheer, then pulled the boy into his room. Compared to Onew’s, it was a bit less organized, with clothes lying around and posters placed all over the walls. The size of the room seemed a bit smaller as well and Sojin noticed that the maknae’s bed was only twin size. Turning his attention back to Taemin, Sojin’s face immediately flushed as he held back a gasp. The maknae had stripped down to his boxers and was picking up the clothes lying on the ground. The black-haired boy knew that guys slept in their boxers all the time, but seeing a Shinee member like this was still shocking. Gaining control of his emotions, he opened his mouth to speak.

    “Oh, Taemin! I forgot I need to shower. All my stuff is in Onew’s bathroom so I’ll just go shower and come back, okay?” he asked. “I’m guessing I’m sleeping on the floor, so if you could just give me a blanket, I’ll be fine!”

    “Eh? Floor? You’re not sleeping on the floor!” Taemin exclaimed, pointing to his bed. “It’s fine, we can both fit on there!” 

    Sojin looked from Taemin to the bed, then back. Was he serious? There was no way the two of them could fit comfortably on a twin-sized bed. Not to mention, the maknae wasn’t even wearing pajamas. Was this some kind of plot? Did the maknae like him? Ignoring the problem, Sojin laughed nervously, then pointed towards Onew’s room.

    “Okay, I’m gonna take a shower!” he exclaimed, hurrying out of the room and into Onew’s. The boy quietly crept to the bathroom in order to keep the leader from awakening, then shut the door behind him, leaning against it. He undressed and stepped into the shower, feeling the water run over him and letting out a sigh. 

    “I’m just assuming things…” he whispered to himself. “Taemin probably doesn’t even like guys! He’s just really friendly.”

    Sojin nodded his head, affirming his own words as he scrubbed shampoo in his hair.

    “Yeah! How arrogant of you to assume he likes you. I mean, he’s a Shinee member! You only have a chance with Onew,” he continued. Letting out a quiet laugh, he quickly finished his shower and redressed himself, feeling relieved. It was definitely all in his head. Sojin quietly headed back to the maknae’s room, finding Taemin already curled up and asleep in the bed. Smiling, the black-haired boy took a seat on the floor next to the bed then laid down on his back, falling asleep a few minutes later. To his surprise, he was awakened by a few pokes to the rib. Blinking, he found Taemin staring down at him from his bed.

    “I said you can’t sleep on the floor!” the maknae exclaimed, patting the bed. Sojin let out a groan, too sleepy to argue, then climbed up onto the bed. Within a few moments, he had fallen back asleep, unaware of how close he was to the dancer. The night went smoothly as Sojin did not wake up even once until he felt sunlight on his eyelids. Cracking them open a bit, they suddenly shot open as he found himself staring directly into the side of the maknae’s head, his arm draped over the dancer’s torso. Worse, the dancer’s arm was draped over his arm. Sojin resisted the urge to freak out with all of his might, not wanting to wake the dancer.

    Aigoo, aigoo, aigoo, was all he could think to himself, unable to remove his arm from under Taemin’s. Even though he was the same age as the dancer, Sojin still felt like a pedo. The maknae suddenly released the boy’s arm and rolled onto his side, bringing his face inches from Sojin’s with his eyes still shut. Sojin’s eyes, on the other hand, widened as he tried to squirm away to no avail. Calming down, he narrowed his eyes at the sleeping maknae. A few minutes passed and he found himself thinking that Taemin was actually quite cute.

    What?! No, dammit! Onew is the only one for me! I’m only thinking this because I’m in this situation! Anyone in my position would think Taemin is cute, he rationalized, as Taemin’s face moved a bit closer.

    “Dammit!” Sojin exclaimed aloud, accidentally. As if on queue, the maknae’s eyes opened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, after FOREVER, here is chapter 10. xD Sorry for my inability to keep up...x_x As always, I love comments as it helps me know where to take the story! (aka SojinxOnew, SojinxTaemin, Sojinxsuggestion?) Anyway, thanks for reading!! ^^