Mistake

사랑아: For the Love of Onew

The movie finally wrapped up with one last ear-piercing scream from the main character. As the theater lights turned back on, Onew finally removed his arm from around the boy and placed his sunglasses back upon his face before getting to his feet and stretching. Sojin, still flushed as red as a tomato, simply sat and watched the credits roll. They kissed! His number one dream, his ultimate impossible goal, had just been completed on a whim. Turning his thoughts back to the girl's challenge, he wondered if this meant that he had succeeded. Unfortunately, he knew that a kiss didn't mean that he was Onew's boyfriend--at least not yet--and that he still had some work to do.

"Sojin, we should go before everyone starts to leave. We don't want people finding out who I am," the leader stated, signaling towards the exit with a smile, and not a hint of embarrassment from the kiss. Sojin nodded his agreement, storing his thoughts and following the older boy out of the theater. His blush finally started to fade as he rationalized that if the leader wasn't embarrassed, he shouldn't be either. As the duo headed out onto the street, Sojin was taken aback by how bright it was as he shielded his eyes from the intense sun. He was half expecting it to be night after watching that horror movie, but he was grateful that it wasn't.

"Oh, right. Didn't Minho want to meet us?" Onew asked, turning to Sojin, his green sunglasses glinting in the sunlight. "Are you still up for that?"

"Of course! I don't really get to see Minho that much, so it'll be fun!" Sojin exclaimed, grabbing Onew's arm and leading him towards the apartment. The leader withdrew his arm moments later, reading a message on his phone with a frown. Sojin looked up at him with a puzzled look.

"Ugh, our manager forgot one of our CF's and wants us there immediately," Onew stated, shaking his head with annoyance. Sojin felt a hint of disappointment, but then realized that a slight break would probably be good to collect his thoughts. Still, he didn't want to be left alone in Shinee's apartment.

"You all have to film it?" he asked, looking up at the leader with a frown. Onew shook his head, rubbing his chin as he thought.

"Hmm, no. Minho, Key, and I have to film the CF. But I think Jonghyun is at the studio recording something. Taemin should be home, though!" 

Sojin resisted the urge to facepalm. Out of all the members, he was being left alone with Taemin. He had nothing against the dancer--he wasn't even sure if the maknae was hitting on him or not--yet he didn't want to take any chances. Not to mention it was already evening, which meant he would be left alone with maknae for part of the night again. Masking his dismay with a smile, he gave Onew a thumbs up and took a step ahead.

"Alright, I'll just hang out with Taemin then. Film your CF quickly and come home, okay?" 

Onew laughed at the younger boy's attempt to hid his disappointment, but gave him a nod.

"Got it! I'll be back before you know it," Onew stated, giving Sojin a pat on the head before turning and heading in the other direction. Sojin watched his date disappear into a rush of people before turning back in the direction of the apartment with a sigh. Clenching his jaw, he steeled himself for the night. No matter what happened, he belonged to Onew and nothing would change that. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sojin quietly entered the apartment, shutting the door softly behind him and slipping off his shoes. The maknae was nowhere to be seen and a silence filled the air. He couldn't remember the last time he had been in the apartment alone, used to the sound of laughter filling the air. A door slammed abruptly from down the bedroom hallway and Taemin's head emerged from around the corner, scanning the living room. 

"Oh! Sojin! I was wondering who that was since everyone had to go film now!" he exclaimed, letting out a sigh of relief. The boy fully emerged from the hallway and headed for his friend with a smile on his face. Sojin, who normally would have smiled back, felt his face flush at the sight of Taemin's bare abs.

"Ya! Taemin! Put a shirt on!" Sojin exclaimed as the dancer stood in front of him. Taemin looked down at his bare body with a surprised expression before meeting Sojin with a grin.

"It's really hot in here! You don't have to be embarrassed just cause I'm a Shinee member," he stated, heading to the kitchen with a chuckle. Sojin stared at the maknae's surprisingly sculpted back for a moment, before shaking himself out of the trance and heading to the couch. Damn it, he thought to himself as he took a seat on the couch. It's already started...

A brief silence filled the air before the maknae asked what his friend wanted to do. Sojin tried to think of something that couldn't possibly be misconstrued as romantic, but Taemin offered up a suggestion first.

"Let's watch a movie!" he exclaimed, pointing to the T.V. from the kitchen. Sojin shook his head, well aware of what that would lead to.

"I just watched a movie with Onew!" he exclaimed, apologetically. Taemin frowned for a moment, but his face instantly lit up again.

"Let's get dinner then! I know a really good restaurant," he stated, returning to the living room. Sojin quickly ran over the scenario in his head. Dinner seemed rather harmless, especially if it was in a public place. Smiling, he nodded his agreement with the maknae's suggestion.

"Alright! But go get dressed first," he ordered, narrowing his eyes at the maknae. Taemin laughed at his friend's seeming annoyance before running to his room. Sojin looked out the window from the living room, noticing the sunset. He felt a pang of worry, realizing that nightfall was already on the way and that he would be left alone with the maknae. Before he could elaborate on the thought, Taemin emerged from the hallway and slipped on his shoes, urging Sojin to do the same. He acquiesced and the duo headed for their destination.

It wasn't until they reached the restaurant that Sojin noticed the dancer's attire. The maknae was rather dressed up, a slim black blazer covering a crisp white shirt. Even his black pants looked formal. Sojin looked down at his outfit, which consisted of the same t-shirt and jeans he had worn to the movies with Onew, and cringed. 

"Ya! Is this a formal place? Why didn't you warn me?!" Sojin whispered anxiously as they entered through the front door. Taemin waved his hand reassuringly as he turned his attention to the restaurant's host. The host nodded towards Taemin then asked the pair to follow. Sojin's eyes widened as he entered the restaurant. A huge, crystal chandelier hung from the center of the room, providing mood lighting for the wealthy-looking diners. He could feel more than a few stares judging his attire as they navigated the room. Rather than seating them at a table, however, the host led them through a door to a much smaller room. This area had only three tables, yet an even bigger crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling and the quiet sound of classical music played in the background. The host sat the pair down at a table, handing each of them a menu before bustling away.

Sojin, still in awe by the fanciness of the restaurant, remained speechless. Staring down at the menu, he was a bit scared to even touch it. Was he high class enough for this? He was shaken from his state of wonder by Taemin's peppy voice.

"This is the restaurant we always come to with guests!" Taemin exclaimed, a grin on his face. "It has this VIP room, so it's good for celebrities who don't want to get harassed during dinner!"

Sojin nodded, glancing up at the crystal chandelier once more. "It seems...really upscale."

"It's kinda fancy, but don't worry! You fit right in," the dancer replied as the waiter came to their table with glasses of water. Sojin stared down at his t-shirt, well aware that he was far from fitting in. As the waiter asked him if he would like a drink, he shook his head and politely refused. The waiter then turned to Taemin.

"Hmm...two glasses of Merlot please!" he stated. Sojin looked up in surprise as the waiter took off at a speed that demonstrated efficiency. Merlot? Wine? Two glasses? Taemin seemed to notice the boy's surprise, grinning slightly.

"You seem nervous, so I thought a glass of wine would help to calm you down!" 

While Sojin was inclined to refuse, he had to admit that it wasn't a bad idea. The wine came out moments later in two ornate glasses. The non-idol instantly downed the whole glass, hoping the alcohol could calm his nerves. After a few minutes of chatting, he could feel the wine start to take effect and the conversation between the pair became far more natural. The rest of the dinner continued extremely smoothly, with Taemin ordering a few more glasses of wine for each of them. By the time the maknae had paid, much to Sojin's dissent, each of the boys had gone through three glasses of wine. As Sojin stood up from his seat, he felt his head spin and grabbed his chair for support. He was well aware that he was a lightweight when it came to alcohol, but he hadn't thought wine was so strong. He closed his eyes for a moment to regain his composure and could hear Taemin giggling next to him. Glancing over, he could see that the maknae was also quite drunk, yet less so than himself. Taemin placed his arm around Sojin's shoulder, steadying his friend and leading him out of the restaurant. The intoxicated pair took a taxi home and plopped down on the couch, both giggling. 

Even while drunk, Sojin usually had the gift of maintaining his values. While it seemed he was beyond that point today, a small voice in the back of his mind still sent him warning about his current situation. Unfortunately, the alcohol's voice seemed to be much louder today. As the pair's giggling died down, a silence filled the room. Glancing out of the corner of his eye, he could see the maknae staring at him.

"Ya! It's rude to stare," Sojin stated, giggling and turning to face the maknae with a glare. A smile spread across Taemin's face as he took his blazer off and threw it on the ground. 

"Ah, right! How rude of me," he replied, a glint of lust in his eyes. The warning voice in Sojin's head was screaming at this point, yet the alcohol easily masked it. Sojin didn't have time to react as the maknae pushed him onto his back and crawled onto him, bringing their lips together. While the passionate kiss didn't feel right, the dancer's intensity mixed with the wine kept Sojin from pulling away. Still, even through the alcohol, he could guess that the feeling he currently felt was not love, but intense regret.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this took so long...again! Please leave feedback! xD It's a good motivator to keep writing, haha!