Persistence

사랑아: For the Love of Onew

Sojin cringed a bit at Onew's hesitation to go along with the plan, wondering if he came off as innocent as the idol made him seem. After much back and forth, he was finally able to convince Onew to set up a meeting with Minseok. 

"It's not gonna be tonight though," Onew stated, wagging his finger. "Wait till tomorrow. And maybe I should send Key with you in case things get out of hand."

Sojin shook his head in defiance at the thought of Key tagging along. "I'm sure he would have a field day watching me and Minseok go at it. But fine, tell him to meet you at the Caffe Bene by the SM building tomorrow at 2!"

Onew let out a sigh, then typed out the text before putting his phone back in his pocket. He placed his arm around the younger boy's shoulders and started the walk back to the dorm.

"Let's just try to enjoy one evening without any random problems," the leader stated, letting out a tired laugh. Sojin felt a sudden pang of guilt from the statement, realizing that he was the cause of many of these issues. He had meant to make Onew's life happier and easier, but it seemed like he was only doing the opposite. Sojin glanced up at the idol, taking in his handsome features and kind eyes. The full reality of his situation hit him in full, causing his heart to race. A month and a half had passed since the fanmeet had taken place and, to some extent, Sojin had become complacent. Now, staring at Onew's face with the idol's arm wrapped around him, he once again remembered who he was dating. Onew. Lee Jinki. The realization made a grin spread across the boy's face and he wrapped his arms around the Shinee member's waist, hugging him as they walked. Onew glanced down at the boy in surprise, but simply smiled upon seeing the grin on Sojin's face. The pair continued the rest of the trip in comfortable silence, simply enjoying the presence of one another.

By the time they arrived at the dorm, night had fallen and the temperature had dropped to a comfortable level compared to the earlier heat. Sojin unlocked the front door with Onew's key and pushed it open. He only managed to take a single step in before getting hit square in the face with a pillow, causing him to fall back onto Onew.

"That's for earlier," came Key's voice, followed by a laugh of victory. Sojin glared as he pulled himself off the floor and helped Onew back to his feet, but couldn't help cracking a smile at how prepared the diva had been. Onew closed the door behind them and pointed at Key, trying to maintain a commanding presence, but failing miserably.

"Ya! Respect your leader!" Onew exclaimed, breaking character and letting out a laugh. Key scoffed, turning his attention back to the TV which was playing an episode of We Got Married. 

"Whatever, whatever. Don't bother me while I'm watching my shows!" Key commanded, shooing them away. 

"Aren't you the one who--" Sojin began, but decided not to finish based on the look Key threw at him. Onew ushered the younger boy to the kitchen, just as Jonghyun came out and took a seat next to Key on the couch. The singer greeted Onew and Sojin quickly before throwing himself on Key.

"Ya! Don't embarrass us," Key replied, struggling to get free from Jonghyun's grasp. Eventually, the diva gave in and allowed his fellow member to lean on him. Sojin snickered from the kitchen, thinking of the comments he could have made, but held them in. Turning his attention back to Onew, he saw that the idol was filling a bowl with ice cream with the excitement of a child. 

"Want some?" Onew asked, waving a spoon at him. Sojin shook his head, full from all the pastries they had eaten earlier in the day. The leader shrugged then scarfed the ice cream down at an astonishing speed, his expression changing from one of joy to horror as he grabbed his head. 

"Owwwwwwww!" the idol exclaimed, putting the bowl on the counter and rubbing his head. "Too cold! Why does ice cream hurt like this?!" 

Sojin let out a laugh, advising the idol to put his tongue on the roof of his mouth. After finally settling down, Onew let out a tired sigh of relief.

"I'm gonna sleep. It's been such a long day," the leader expressed. Sojin nodded his agreement.

"I'll come with! I'm tired too," he stated, following Onew out of the kitchen and past the couch where Key and Jonghyun remained watching TV. As they made it to the bedroom hallway, Taemin emerged from his room, causing Sojin's heart to speed up in panic. Not wanting to be rude, but not wanting to start a conversation while Onew was right in front of him, he offered the dancer a smile as they passed. To his surprise, Taemin grabbed his wrist, whirling him around and away from Onew.

"Let's talk," the maknae stated, his hair a new, light brown color. Onew stopped and looked back at the pair, his eyes falling on Sojin with a puzzled look. The half-Korean cursed internally, gritting his teeth as he stood between the two boys, Taemin still gripping his wrist. In a split second decision, he nodded at Taemin and turned to Onew, giving him a smile.

"I promised Taemin I'd help him with something earlier," Sojin explained, feeling guilty about the lie. He then turned his attention to Taemin and narrowed his eyes. "He's been bugging me about it non-stop."

Sojin saw Onew's gaze fall to Taemin's grip on his wrist, but the leader simply smiled and nodded.

"Sure! I'm going to head to bed, just come in when you're done," he stated, flashing his signature Onew smile. Sojin gave the leader a thumbs up with his free hand before following Taemin back down the hall, past the living room, and to the kitchen. When they finally came to a stop, he pulled his wrist free from the dancer's grip, immediately scolding him for grabbing him in front of Onew. 

"You wouldn't have come with me otherwise," Taemin shot back, running a hand through his golden hair. Sojin closed his eyes, partially in annoyance, partially to avoid looking at the maknae's handsome face. He'd already explained his feelings to Taemin, so why couldn't the dancer just let him be. Resisting temptation was hard, especially when it was a Shinee member who wouldn't give up. Sojin flashed back to the moment Taemin had saved him from his assailants when he had first escaped from his apartment and the way his heart had fluttered for the dancer.

"We can't talk about this now," Sojin told the idol in a hushed voice, pointing towards Key and Jonghyun. "And I'm tired! I don't wanna wake Onew up when I go in to sleep."

Sojin began to walk away but the dancer grabbed his wrist again, holding him back.

"If we can't talk here then let's talk in my room," Taemin commanded, a hint of frustration on his face. Sojin held in the temptation to scoff at the offer, not wanting to disrespect a member of Shinee.

"I clearly remember what happened last time I was in your room," Sojin replied, failing to whisper this time. Key and Jonghyun glanced over from the couch, but fortunately went back to watching their show. The half-Korean wiggled free of Taemin's grip and walked back to the bedroom hallway, the dancer shadowing him. 

"Talk with me now or I'll tell Onew you slept with me!" Taemin whispered as Sojin reached for the doorknob to the leader's room. Sojin froze momentarily, before wheeling around in anger, his face red. Wordlessly, he grabbed the dancer's arm and pulled him into his room, shutting the door behind him. 

"YA! Taemin!" Sojin exclaimed, briefly forgetting his Korean skills in his anger. He paused for a moment to collect himself. "Don't even try to play that game! You can't make me do what you want by making things up!"

Taemin raised his eyebrows and took a seat on his bed, glancing at the floor then back up at Sojin. "But...I'm not making things up, you actually did," he stated, his voice a mixture of innocence and cunning. Sojin clenched his fists so hard he could feel his nails digging into his palms as he tried to control his annoyance.

"You know nothing happened! What do you want to talk about?" Sojin asked sharply, wanting to get it over with and escape. 

"Why do you like him over me?" the dancer asked. "I can give you anything you want and I genuinely care about you." He pointed to the bed he was sitting on. "And I'm good at this too!"

Sojin stood silently, his Korean completely lost. 

"Well?" Taemin asked him, waiting for an answer. He patted the bed again. "Or do you want to try it?"

If he was being completely honest, Sojin did have a hint of interest in the offer. Still, his priorities were straight, and he just wanted to go to sleep.

"You're handsome and you're nice, Taemin, I'm not denying that! I appreciate you and I do want to spend time together, but I'm with Onew. There's no changing that!" he replied. "Just try to accept it. There are so many other people out there who are better looking than me. You can have anyone!"

Sojin reached to open the door, but Taemin leapt up from the bed and held it shut, trapping the half-Korean. 

"Obviously I can't have anyone," Taemin stated, locking eyes with the boy. 

"This isn't helping your case! It's not going to make me go out with you!" Sojin replied, his back to the door. Taemin's eyes narrowed, but then a look of sadness took over and his arm dropped to his side.

"If you would just try it, I promise I can show you why I'm the right choice," the dancer pleaded.

"It's too late for that. I'm not dating anymore, I'm in a relationship with him! Do you want to hurt Onew?" 

"You're worth it!" Taemin replied without hesitation. "I'm not going to give up, I told you already. I'm trying to be nice about it, but I'll do what I have to!" 

Sojin groaned in annoyance and grabbed the door, pulling it open and exiting.

"And you did sleep with me, for the record," the dancer added, before the half-Korean pulled it shut behind him.

The boy stood in the hallway for a few moments, calming himself down and processing his thoughts. He didn't want to admit it--he still would never talk badly about a Shinee member--but after that interaction, he was starting to think Taemin was crazy. Would the dancer really try to hold the sleeping incident above his head? And worse, he had actually kissed the dancer before, giving more fuel to Taemin's claims. 

"Dammit..." he muttered to himself, before turning the knob to Onew's room and entering quietly. After washing his face and brushing his teeth, the half-Korean slipped out of his jeans and shirt and carefully climbed onto the free half of the bed. He had finally reached a point where he felt comfortable sleeping in just boxers with the leader. Rolling onto his side, he faced away from the idol, Taemin's words still running through his head. Onew rolled towards him and placed an arm over the younger boy, cuddling with him. The leader's squishiness was something that Sojin loved. Unlike most idols, Onew had some meat on his bones and though his stomach and arms were still toned, they were soft and comfortable. In Onew's embrace, Sojin was finally able to temporarily put the thoughts of Taemin and his impending confrontation with Minseok out of his head and get some much needed sleep.


Phew. Soooo honestly, the more comments I get, the faster I'm inspired to write the new chapters xD I'm a comment ho I guess! So please comment with feedback (and subscribe) so I can improve. :) Thanks guys!