Escape

사랑아: For the Love of Onew

"Sh*t! Sh*t!!" Sojin panicked, looking around the room for something to defend himself with. His bedroom door was not nearly as strong as the front door, so he didn't have much time. Spotting his shoes, he decided to quickly slip them on, in case he needed to do some running. The boy was never one for weaponry and his room was completely devoid of anything that could be used to attack. With a sigh, he unplugged his ceramic lamp, hugging it close to his body, just as the door finally splintered open. Taking a step back in fear, he finally caught sight of his pursuer. The man was tall and slim with short, spiked black hair, and seemingly in his 30's. Surprisingly, he was quite well dressed, wearing a form fitting suit with a blood red bow tie. Sojin tried to get a closer look at the man's face, in case he made it out alive. The attacker donned a jet black pair of sunglasses, casting a shadow over most of his face. 

Silence filled the room for a moment as the two stared each other down, the younger shaking in fear. It seemed like a minute had passed before anyone made a move. Finally, the stranger reached into his pocket and pulled out a rather small switch blade. Still terrified, the boy was just glad that it wasn't a gun. 

"Who are you?! Just leave!!" Sojin ordered, scanning the room for an escape route. His king sized bed separated the two and the giant window was directly behind the boy. Jump? No. Jumping would mean death for sure. The man, still standing still, remained silent, simply brandishing the blade. What was he doing? The man seemed to read his thoughts as he suddenly dashed forwards towards the boy. With a shout, Sojin dashed to the left, hopping onto his bed and throwing the lamp down at the man with all his might. Although the man managed to dodge it, it provided a momentary distraction. The boy didn't need to be told what to do. Immediately, he hopped off the bed and dashed out of the now unblocked bedroom door and out of the apartment. Looking over his shoulder, he was surprised to see the blade man simply walking after him. Finally, he made it to the elevator, pushing the button. For some reason, the elevator was already on his floor. As the doors opened, the boy found himself face to face with yet another sunglassed man -- this one wearing a black bow tie and holding a larger switchblade. The boy hopped back just in time as the man the blade towards him and immediately made a break to the right, coming to a pause at the end of the hall. Under the hallway lighting, the boy could see smiles upon the faces of his two attackers as they slowly made their way towards him.

"No...today isn't the day I die," the boy whispered to himself, pulling open a door to his right which led to the stairs. The men, realizing that there was another exit, looked at each other, concerned, then broke into a run. Sojin was fast, taking the steps two at a time, but his pursuers were just as quick, their height making up for any difference in speed. Still, having gotten the jump on them, the boy had managed to put a good distance between himself and his attackers. Finally arriving at the lobby, the boy ran to the exit, bursting out into the street. With a panicked look to his right, he saw a brown-haired figure on the corner. 

"Sojin! Here!!" came Taemin's voice as he jumped up and down, waving. The non-idol immediately headed for his friend, but felt himself beginning to run out of energy. The twelve flights of stairs had definitely up most of his energy. He reached the corner, panting, just as the men exited the building.

"No time to rest yet!" the maknae exclaimed, grabbing the boy's wrist and pulling him around the corner. The two twenty-year-olds ran for a short distance before Taemin took a sharp right, pulling Sojin into an alleyway and behind a dumpster. 

"Wha--" Sojin began, but the maknae cut him off, placing his hand over his mouth. To the half-Korean's surprise the footsteps of the men grew closer, but then faded away. He had thought this tactic only worked in movies. Removing his hand, the idol looked the boy up and down.

"Are you okay?! Did they hurt you??" he asked frantically, shaking Sojin's arm. The black-haired boy took a deep breath and shook his head.

"No, I somehow made it out. And then you saved me!" he exclaimed. Taemin let out a sigh of relief, his cheerful smile returning to his face.

"Thank you, Taemin!" he continued, pulling the idol into an embrace. Honestly, he felt like crying out of fear still, but he managed to hold it back. Deep down, he felt something else. For the first time since debut, he felt his undying love for Onew waver a bit. The maknae...? Was he falling for the maknae?! Sojin immediately released the embrace, surprised. No. His love belonged to Onew. But still...

"I think it's safe now!" the dancer stated, peering towards the exit of the alley. "You definitely can't go back to your apartment...you're coming back to the dorm with me!"

Sojin's heart skipped a beat. It was starting to seem as if after every bad occurance, something good would happen to the boy. A smile finally spread across the boy's face as he looked into the dancer's eyes.

"Really? You're serious?" he asked, still not believing the offer.

"Of course! Where else would you go? And the others will definitely understand after they hear your situation!"

"I-I don't wanna be a burden...I could just --"

"No way! You're not gonna be a burden! Everyone likes you! We discussed it on the way back from the fanmeet! Now come on!" the dancer retorted, grabbing the boy by the wrist again, and dragging him after him. 

The dorm was unexpectedly close by and the pair arrived within a good fifteen minutes of walking and talking. The more Sojin talked to the dancer, the more he liked about him. Taemin was nice, funny, energetic, and most importantly, adorable. The non-idol was quite loyal, though, and remained hooked on Shinee's leader. Besides, he probably just felt this way for the dancer since they had spent the most time together. Arriving at the front door, Taemin swiped in, placing his finger to his lips in a signal to be quiet. 

"Everyone's still sleeping! It's only 4 A.M. now...but I'm guessing you don't wanna go back to sleep, huh?" inquired the dancer. Sojin nodded. There was no way he would be able to go back to sleep now.

"Yeah, I'll stay up...but you should go to sleep! Idols need to rest! I feel sorry for even waking you up!" he replied in a whisper. "I can just sit here for a few hours! I have my phone to entertain me!"

Taemin shook his head violently, stating that the boy was his guest and he couldn't let a guest be bored. Sojin sighed, genuinely feeling bad about keeping the idol up, but the dancer wouldn't have it. For the next few hours, the two sat on the couch and discussed a variety of topics -- from where they were born to who they liked.

"So, is there someone you have a crush on?" Taemin asked, poking the boy playfully. The half-Korean had been trying to avoid the question throughout the whole conversation, but it had finally arrived. Smiling widely and laughing a little, the boy stated that he didn't like anyone at the moment. Taemin glared at him.

"Yeah right!" the maknae exclaimed. "That's imposs-"

"YA!" screamed a familiar voice causing both twenty-year-olds to jump in surprise. "Taemin, please be a little louder at 6 A.M., why don't you?!"

Key stood in the hallway, hands on his hips, and a look of death on his face. Taemin giggled manically at the diva's sarcasm. Spotting Sojin on the couch next to Taemin, the blonde gave the maknae a confused look.

"What's he -- actually, I don't even wanna know right now," Key stated, crossing his arms. "I'm going back to sleep! If one of you wakes me up again, I'll kill you!"

With that, the idol made a swift turn and marched defiantly back to his room. Sojin looked over at Taemin who was still having a laugh attack. Weird...the non-idol found Key a lot more scary than funny. Finally, Taemin calmed down and turned his attention back to his friend. Sojin hoped he had forgotten what they were discussing previously.

"So...have you been to one of our concerts before?"

Sojin let out a sigh of relief. He had managed to avoid the awkward topic for now. The two continued to converse and play games on their phones for a few hours until the other members finally started to wake up. Minho was the first to enter the living room. Catching sight of Sojin, he gave Taemin the same puzzled look as Key had before.

"Sojin? What are you doing here?" the rapper asked the boy. Although Minho had been nice to him previously, he still found the tall boy to be extremely intimidating. Sojin gave a nervous glance to Taemin.

"We'll explain once everyone's awake! Trust me!" the dancer replied. Minho squinted his eyes at the dancer, but then shrugged and walked into the kitchen.

"Do you want some breakfast, Sojin?" the rapper asked, holding up a box of cereal. 

"Oh, I'm okay, thanks! Maybe later..." he responded. Taemin hopped off the couch, running over to the kitchen.

"I do! I do!" the maknae exclaimed, grabbing the box out of Minho's hand. The rapper glared and playfully fought the maknae for the box as Jonghyun and Key both emerged into the living room. Key pointed at Sojin, explaining what had happened the previous night to the lead singer. Jonghyun stared at the boy for a moment before breaking into laughter.

"Ohhh, Sojin, you woke up a sleeping bear! You're lucky he didn't maul you!" Jonghyun exclaimed, walking over and patting the boy on the head before walking into the kitchen.

"You're lucky you're new here. Taemin isn't getting off so easily," Key stated as he walked by, heading straight for Taemin. The blonde boy grabbed the dancer's shirt and playfully slapped him. "Ya! You know what happens if you wake me up!"

Taemin immediately made a bowl of cereal for the sarcastic boy.

"Ah, good! You remember! I forgive you, Taemin-ah!" Key exclaimed, digging into the cereal.

Sojin looked over and saw the leader finally stumbling out of the hallway, still half-asleep. Upon seeing the newcomer, Onew tripped over his own leg, landing with a thud. The boy immediately rose from the couch and ran to help him up.

"Onew hyung, are you okay?!" he asked, pulling the older boy back to his feet.

"Wow, Onew really is his favorite. I've never seen a person run to someone's aid so quickly," Key said, sarcastically. Back on his feet, Onew looked at the boy, then rubbed his eyes as if to make sure he was seeing correctly.

"So...jin? What are you doing in our dorm?" the leader asked, placing his hand on top of the boy's head again. Suddenly, the other members all joined in. 

"Yeah, we're all here now, Taemin. Explain!" Minho ordered, pointing at the maknae. Onew slid his hand down to Sojin's back and pushed him towards the kitchen.

"And I order my biggest fan to have something to eat," the idol said, pouring a bowl of cereal for the boy. Sojin laughed and thanked Onew, but became silent as Taemin began to recount the story.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Heheh, this chapter was fun to write! ^^ I'm trying to implement both action and romance, but it's difficult! T_T tell me what you guys think! ^^