Stranded

사랑아: For the Love of Onew

Jonghyun immediately perked up upon hearing Sojin's name.

"Awww, nice to meet you, Sojin! I like that name! Here, come to the front of the line and meet everyone else!" the singer exclaimed, placing his hand on the younger boy's back and guiding him toward the table where Shinee sat.

The non-idol took a deep breath, smiling at Jonghyun. He had to play it cool! He didn't want to scare the members by having a fanboy moment. Or worse, weird them out by being overly nervous. The half-Korean was usually very skilled at social situations, but this was too much. Exhaling, he put on his friendliest face and approached the table as Jonghyun returned to his seat. Taemin was the closest member and seemed to be anxious to meet him. Before Sojin could even greet him, Taemin had already eagerly fired off a question.

"What was that all about?! That girl attacked you??" he exclaimed, almost too excitedly. Sojin paused for a moment, taken aback by the excitement of the dancer, then nodded and explained what had happened. Taemin's jaw dropped as the boy continued the story, then burst out laughing at the end, clapping his hands together.

"Wow! Some people really are crazy!" he exclaimed, turning to Jonghyun who nodded in agreement. "Sorry I didn't get up to help you...er, what's your name?"

"Oh, I'm Sojin!" the boy replied, finally starting to get comfortable with the idol. 

"Hmmm, well, it's nice to meet you! I hope that doesn't happen to you again!" the maknae exclaimed, still seemingly amused by the attack. Suddenly, Key turned to the boy and loudly beckoned him over.

"Ya! Sojin, is it? You should have just slapped her off! She was obviously crazy!" Key stated, wagging his finger at Sojin as the boy walked over. "Anyway, let's put that behind us. I've been waiting for a male fan to show up! I have a question for you!"

Sojin felt his nerves act up once again. What could the question be? Was he on to Sojin's secret already? Key was very....blunt, so he wouldn't be surprised. The boy tilted his head a bit, waiting for Key's question.

"Which one of us is your favorite? Girls always choose Minho or Taemin...but we've never asked a guy before!" Key asked, looking at him expectantly. The fan was a bit scared to answer -- Key seemed to really want to be the favorite, staring at him intensely. Jonghyun and Taemin had also shifted their attention from the fangirls they had been greeting to hear the answer. 

"It's me, right?! It has to be me! I saved him!" Jonghyun exclaimed, thumping his chest. Sojin looked over at him and laughed. It was true: Jonghyun probably should have been his favorite at this point. He then glanced the other way, looking at Onew who had yet to notice him. 

"Hmmm...I have to say...Onew!" 

The three idols immediately burst into an uproar. 

"Ya! I saved you! How ungrateful! I'm going crazy!" Jonghyun exclaimed, laughing and shaking his head crazily while Key and Taemin immediately joined in with the protest.

"Wait, wait! But I like all of you! You're all my favorites!" Sojin said, laughing at the dorkiness of the trio.

"Yeah, yeah...go see your real favorite," Key said, fake pouting and pointing next to him to Onew, who finally seemed to notice his existance. 

"Me? I'm your favorite?" Onew asked, seemingly surprised. "I'm never the favorite! Ah, I like you already!" 

Sojin felt as if his knees were about to buckle. Finally, after all these years, his idol had spoken to him. Regaining control, the boy reached into his pocket and pulled out a carefully wrapped gift, handing it to the leader.

"Of course you're my favorite! You're so funny! Here...this is just a small gift! Sunglasses! To match mine!" the boy exclaimed, pointing to his own that now hung from his shirt.

"Wow, sunglasses? I hope these weren't too expensive! I'll wear them all the time! Thanks a lot!" he replied, staring at the gift wrap intently. The leader opened his mouth to say something more, but was interrupted by Minho.

"Wow! You got sunglasses? I want to be this kid's favorite!" the rapper exclaimed, snatching the gift away from Onew and looking at it. "Open it, open it!"

He then turned his attention back to the boy. "What's your name?" he asked. Onew looked up, waiting for a reply as well. 

"Oh, I'm Sojin!" 

Minho slammed his hand down on the table. "Nice to meet you, Sojin! I'll work harder to become your favorite in the future!"

Sojin laughed and nodded, bowing slightly to be polite. By this time, the line behind the boy had become extremely congested from his slow pace. It was obvious he couldn't linger around the idols any longer. Looking back at Minho and Onew, he bowed again and said goodbye to them, smiling specifically at Onew. The other three waved farewell and Sojin gave them a big grin before turning and walking off.

He had done it! Strangely, the crazy girl had actually assisted him in meeting the K-pop group. They paid much more attention to him than they would have if she hadn't attacked him. Sojin glanced over his shoulder to make sure she wasn't anywhere nearby. She probably had a deathwish for him now. Shaking the thought, he turned his thoughts back to Shinee. Even though they had paid a lot of attention to him, the meeting had seemed so short. It was a bit sad that that was all he would get to say to Onew. Hopefully the idol would at least use the glasses. A smile spread across the boy's face. Onew had been just as cute as he had hoped he would. 

Upon approaching the subway station, thoughts of the meeting finally started to fade from the boy's head. He headed down the steps and into the station, coming to the gate where he had to swipe his card to enter. Reaching into his pocket, his heart skipped a beat. Something was missing. His phone!

"Eh?!" Sojin exclaimed, frantically patting all of his pockets and twisting around, receiving a few strange looks from passerbys. "I had it! I definitely had it on the way here!" 

Not only was his phone extremely expensive, he kept his subway card in its case! Checking his wallet, he facepalmed as he realized he didn't bring any cash to buy a new subway card or catch a taxi. He couldn't even call one of his friends! 

"Okay, okay...stay calm! Just...retrace your steps!" he whispered to himself, nervously. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The fanmeet finally came to an end with the last girl happily skipping out the doors of the building. All of the boys let out a sigh of relief. Fanmeets were fun, but a bit overwhelming. Taemin rose from his seat and hopped around, still full of energy. Catching sight of something, the maknae quickly ran over and bent down to see what treasure he had scoped. 

"Woah! A phone! A really nice phone!" he exclaimed, picking it up and waving it in front of the other members.

"One of the fans left their phones? What do we do...? We can't even contact them if they don't have their phone," Minho said, pointing at Taemin. "Try to figure out whose it is!"

Taemin looked down and turned the phone on, immediately bursting into laughter.

"Onew hyung! You're the screensaver!" the maknae shouted, eagerly running over and handing the phone to the leader. Onew stared at it for a moment then started laughing himself. 

"Oh! It unlocks! Let's see whose it is!" the oldest member stated, swiping through the text messages. "Hmmm...oh! Sojin...? That Sojin kid! The one who likes me! It's his!" 

"That kid...he's not very lucky is he?" questioned Jonghyun. "How are we gonna get it back to him?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Having searched thoroughly along the path he had taken, it was obvious that the boy had lost it during the fanmeet -- probably when the girl had tackled him. Sojin arrived back at the doors to the fanmeeting building and prayed that no one had taken it. Bursting through the doors, he was surprised to see that the boys were still there. 

"Oh! Hi again!" Sojin exclaimed, bowing to all five members. 

"Speak of the devil," mentioned Key, pointing to Onew and the phone.

"Oh my gosh, you guys found it! Thank goodness..."

Sojin ran over to Onew, waiting for the idol to give it back.

"I'm your background? That's so cute!" the leader exclaimed, letting out a hysterical laugh and almost falling over.

"Ya!! You looked through my phone?!" the boy shot back, snatching the phone out of the idol's hand. "So embarrassing..."

Onew finally calmed down and placed his hand on top of the boy's head. "Don't be embarrassed! I like having loyal fans!"

Sojin grinned at the leader, feeling his face flush, then looked down at his case. "Wha?! Where's my subway card?! I didn't bring any cash for a taxi!"

"Taemin, did you see his card?" Minho asked the maknae. Taemin looked towards where he had picked up the phone and shook his head. Pausing for a moment, the dancer stared at Sojin, then a mischevious grin broke out across his face.

"You guys...can he come with us?!" Taemin asked anxiously, running over to the half-Korean boy and placing his arm around him. Sojin was still taken aback by Taemin's forwardness. He was alot more hyper and alot more interested in the boy than expected. Still, he couldn't say that he didn't like the attention. Looking around, he could see the others giving Taemin the "are you crazy" look. Sojin wasn't surprised. Idols obviously weren't allowed to simply ask fans to hang out with them.

"Uhhh...Taemin..." Minho began, not wanting to say the obvious in front of Sojin.

"Fine, fine. How about I just go with him to get him home and then I'll come back to the dorm?" Taemin asked, looking at Minho for permission. The rapper glanced to Onew, unsure of what to do. Onew looked as if he was about to disapprove.

"No way!" the leader exclaimed, shaking his head furiously. Sojin's heart sank.

"I'm his favorite! I should get to take him home!" Onew finished, his face lighting up. The twenty-year-old gasped at the singer's response.

Taemin pouted, his arm still wrapped around the boy. "I'm coming too! He's my friend too!!" the dancer complained. Onew shot him a glare, but conceded. 

"We'll see you three back at the dorms in a bit!" Onew stated, waving goodbye to the trio, before pushing Taemin's arm off and wrapping his arm around Sojin's shoulders, leading him out of the building. The boy gave one last look at Minho, Key, and Jonghyun before being swept out the door.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this chapter was kinda slow, guys! I'm hoping it'll pick up in the next one! ^^ And remember, please leave me feedback! =D Thanks for reading!!