Chapter 2

Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night grew silent with the clock striking 11:30 PM and the sound of Stella frying kimchi sizzled through the house. J-Hyo sat on the kitchen table staring at her with his palm under his paled chin. Stella felt his gaze on her and turned to him while stirring the kimchi on the fry pan. He showed his innocent smile once again making her narrowed her eyes and focused on the food.

Stella looked into the kimchi thinking of her conversation with J-Hyo earlier. I’m hunger. She turned to him again, “Do you automatically know how to speak once you’re turned into human?”

His half nodded, “Not really. I watched dramas and learned from there.” Stella shut off the oven understanding his lack of grammar. “I still have some robot instincts with me.” She poured the food onto a white glass plate showing no sign of interest. “You’re not interested, right?” Her eyes met his surprised that he could read her like a book. “I’ll show you.” His eyes grew bigger at her as he gets information from her. “You’re nine-teen years old, attending Nega High and graduating soon, going into business school…”

Stella stopped him with her finger on his lips, “Stop! I get it.” She set the plate on the table, “Also, we humans sit on chairs and when you’re hungry, we say I’m hungry. Not hunger.”

He followed what was instructed as she grabbed the chopsticks from the drawer next to the sink. “But in Coffee Prince, the humans sat on the tables.”

Stella sat across from him, “You said you were hungry, so eat.” She avoided his comments and took the first bit of the kimchi.

J-Hyo lightly pouted his lower lips and ate with her. He chewed on his first bite for a moment exploring the taste of the spice and sweetness. His eyes closed as he slowly swallowed the food. His stare, once again, flashed at Stella. She was touching her broken phone on the table with the chopsticks on her lower lip acting like he wasn’t there. He took another bite of the kimchi while keeping his eyes on her. He examined her expression turning into a half smile.

Stella soon felt a heavy gaze on her and her head bended up seeing J-Hyo suddenly chew slowly and stopped. He showed his innocent smile again making her eyes rolled and she went back to her phone.

“The food is good,” he took a piece of the kimchi with his chopsticks and hand it to her. “Here,” she grew another surprise at his action.

“What are you doing?” She managed to ask without her face growing red.

J-Hyo tilted his head, “I saw it a lot in dramas, where the man feeds the woman.” He motioned his hand closer to her, his body almost leaning over the table. “Or is it the other way around? I don’t remember, but I’m being human right now.” She giggled at his stupid wordings and he scooped back going around the table. He sat next to her with the chopsticks still in his hand. “Hurry and e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter