Chapter 5

Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night came when a tall man in a dark nice leather jacket entered a room with a shaken guy sitting on a chair. His arms were set on the table and it shook as if the room was filled with the cool air of AC. The leather jacket man sat across from the shaken guy as the others man in the same leather jacket looked from afar through a big window to the right of the room.

The small T.V set was next to them and the video was paused to the beginning. The jacket man pointed to the screen with his head, “Tell me what happened here.” The guy didn’t say anything and tear up in fear. “I’m an investigator, its fine to tell me.” He showed his badge to prove his identity. The name Han Yun printed big on the top of the card and below was a photo of him with his self information.

The guy took a deep breath and began, “I was really tired that night and didn’t know what was happening on the bus.” He took another breath, “I watched the tape and it terrified me. How could a human-being…?”

“He’s not human,” Yun clarified. His finger pressed the play button. The video ran through King shooting out his power ball at the erted guy and it ended when they both rushed out on the next stop.

Yun glanced back at the bus driver, who was still in tears. “What…?”

“He’s a robot,” Yun smirked, “There’s more than one of him.” He looked at the driver dead in the eye, “And I’m going to catch them all. Including her,” he pause the video and pointed right at Stella.

-------------------------------------------

Stella continued to write in her notebook while J-Hyo wiped sweat off of Eden’s forehead and the side of his face. “Okay, producing sweat.” Stella stopped writing for a moment remembering something. “My dad can’t sweat.”

J-Hyo poured the reversed drink into Edun’s mouth giving her a weird look. “What kind of human can’t sweat?”

“He had this condition…” She went back to writing on her book. “I don’t know what it is, but he just can’t sweat, okay?” J-Hyo slowly nodded with his lips pouting and set the cloth of sweat on the table. Stella took a quick peek at it and mumbled to herself, “Dirty.”

Eden dried out and J-Hyo sat next to Stella to see what the next experiment will be. “What’s the next one?”

Stella slid the glass next to her on the table and stopped it in front of J-Hyo. “Here,” she moved a few inches away from him, “I don’t know what it’ll do.”

J-Hyo sighed getting up to the robots with the glass in his hands. He walked back and forth to each member and stopped when he saw Rasa. “No,” he said to himself recalling what happened with the last experiments. Stella held in her laugh and J-Hyo finally stopped in front of AO. “He’s the most innocent one.” He slowly poured the drink down AO’s mouth and took a few steps back waiting for the drink to kick in.

Stella watched J-Hyo’s reaction, “What’s happening?”

“Noth-” J-Hyo jumped seeing AO’s round eyes opened.

“Roses; their sharp spines being gone, not royal in their smells alone, but in their hue. Maiden pinks, of odour faint. Daisies smell-less, yet most quaint, and sweet thyme true.” AO’s sweet baby voice made Stella and J-Hyo froze, not knowing what’s going on.

J-Hyo heard AO took a breath to say something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter