Chapter 3

Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stella gathered with the boys in the living room with her arms crossed. “Well?” She looked at J-Hyo. He gave her an innocent look avoiding their last conversation about getting a job. “There’s a gas station close by and they are looking for more employees.” J-Hyo sighed not wanting to do it. “Take those two with you, too.” Her fingers went to Rasa and Eden.

“What about the others?” He complained.

“They’ll work with me at Come n’ Go,” Stella took out her broken phone and made J-Hyo take a closer look at the damages. “Since King was the one who broke this, he has to go with me tonight to get the stuff we need from the lab.” She stood up with her hand on her hips, “I got morning sessions today, so I’ll pick King, Jun, and AO to work once I’m back. You and the rest can go ahead and apply for the gas station. Okay?” J-Hyo nodded noting what he had to do. “Good,” Stella made her way to the hallway.

“Wait,” she stopped facing J-Hyo’s direction. “What’s Come n’ Go?” Stella shook her head and continued her way to her room to change. J-Hyo yelled behind her, “Be careful when you activate the robots.”

--------

J-Hyo, Rasa, and Eden all stood in front of the gas station Stella had mentioned. J-Hyo took a deep breath looking at Rasa and Eden. “Let’s go.” He took a step closer to the door and those two followed him in.

The guy fixing the lights on a ladder turned to the door as the bell rung. “Welcome to World’s gas station. How can I help you?”

“We’ll like to work here,” J-Hyo stuttered while scratching the back of his head. His heart pounded in fear communicating with a human-being besides Stella. The guy carefully stepped down from the ladder and examined the boys. “We’ll work hard.”

The guy nodded, “You boys do look strong. I’m the owner, Mr. Cha.” He held out his hand for a shake.

J-Hyo tilted his head in confusion. His mind suddenly recalled handshakes from the dramas he’d watched. He received Mr. Cha’s hand and shook lightly. “Thank you for accepting us.” J-Hyo let go and placed his hand in his pocket.

Mr. Cha smiled looking at Rasa and Eden. “You two seemed to be really quiet.” They both turned to him at the same time and Mr. Cha smiled bigger, “You can start from cleaning the storage room.”

Mr. Cha turned to the counter, but J-Hyo stopped him. Mr. Cha gave him a ‘what’ look and J-Hyo shyly scratched the side of his head. “I have a question.” Mr. Cha nodded willing to listen. “What’s Come n’ Go?”

---------

The clear blue sky slowly set down into a dark purple and orange color as the night came near. Stella arrived home seeing King and AO shut off on the couch. She walked to them and placed her hands on her lower hips. “Time for work guys.” Stella stared at King’s pushed up hair and bit her lower lips. “Let’s get you a hair cut first. I don’t want to cause any attention.”

After preparing King, Jun, and AO, she drove them to her work place, Come n’ Go. They went through the back door and Stella bumped into her manager, Mr. Kim. He gave her a suspicious look when she entered with the robots.

“Who are they?” He asked scanning them with curiosity.

“My friends,” she placed her arms around their shoulders. “They want to work here, is that okay?” Mr. Kim nodded without

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter