Chapter 7

Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yun and Sam both went in and their eyes grew big once they looked into Stella’s living room. “What’s this?” Their eyes wondered around the house and there were no robots in sight. Sam scratched the back of his head, “They’re not here.”

Yun stepped in, “Search around. They got to be here.”

Sam followed him in rushing into the hallway and opening Stella’s bedroom door to the bathroom. His head tilted looking at the door across from Stella’s. He twisted the knob, “Oh! It won’t open.” Yun came to his side, “It won’t open.”

“Step back.” Sam did what he’d ordered him to and Yun bust the door opened like when he did with the front entrance. Sam went in to begin searching for any evidence of the robots. Yun glanced around at the emptied room, “This room is empty…but why is it lock?”

--------------------------

“We’re staying here for the night,” Stella said while sitting down on the floor with a cup of noodle joining in the circle they’ve created.

“What?!” Taja looked at each and one of the robots sitting in the circle. “My dad will kill me if he finds out there’s two of us and six boys.”

Stella peeked over her shoulders seeing J-Hyo not paying any attention to them, but to his noodles. She turned back to Taja, “King can stay in your room.”

Taja clapped her hands once, “Deal!” Her smile grew bigger when she faced King, who was sitting next to her, “You can stay here for as long as you want. I’ll take care of you.”

Stella’s face cringed in disgusted, “Stop it. You’re creeping my out.”  Taja stuck out her tongue and went back to talking with King. Stella faced J-Hyo, “I have morning class tomorrow. You want to know how it’s like to be a student?” J-Hyo slurped his noodles with his eyes fixed on hers, “Come on. You’re only human for one life time, right? Or are you immortal?”

J-Hyo swallowed his noodles, “Okay,” he ignored the last questions and went back to eating.

That night, Stella and the robots slept on the floor without King and Taja. J-Hyo had his arms under his head thinking about Stella’s words. Raising them is hard. His head slowly looked to his right staring at Stella. She was facing him fast asleep and he could see her clearly through the light from the night sky. He unhooked his left arm and lightly brushed her cheek. He sighed with a small smile forming on his lips.

“Sorry for giving you a hard time,” J-Hyo whispered still staring at her peaceful sleeping face.

In the early morning, Stella and J-Hyo walked to her university. They left the robots at Taja’s place as Taja left for work. Stella stopped J-Hyo from walking when they reached a small bakery shop.

“Wait,” she peeked through the window of the shop and saw the fresh baked bread on the counter by the register machine. She looked at him, “Want some bread?” He shrugged and she led them inside.

The bell rung from the door as they entered in and the door closed behind them. “Welcome to Tasty Bread.” They heard a deep voice coming from the counter where the bread was located.

Stella stopped her pace when she saw who was over the counter. Her heart began to race and J-Hyo glanced over at her hearing her heart. The guy by the counter gave her the same look. “Joon…”

“Hi, Stella,” Joon waved smiling. She examined him. Her eyes wondered from his fluffy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter