Chapter 4

Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stella’s eyes opened realizing she was on her bed. She sat up looking around thinking about what happened last night. Events flashed at her like it just happened. She covered her face with her palms thinking about what occurred on the bus. Then, her mind saw J-Hyo comforting her in his strong warm arms. Her head lifted removing her face away from her hands as her mind moved on what came afterwards. She remembered being in his arms when she’d woken up in the middle of the night. Her eyes narrowed trying to recall it.

In the middle of the night, Stella had woken up from the nightmare that had happened on the bus and it’s being played in her mind like a movie. Cold sweats formed on her forehead and she could felt her whole body shaking. Stella moved her arms to find someone holding her tight.

“It’s okay,” she heard a soft soothing voice calming her down. “I’m here,” her head went up seeing J-Hyo’s face being shown through the moonlight shining in. His dark eyes looked straight into hers as he continued calming her, “I’ll be here, so get some rest.” Stella nodded her head in response and placed her forehead on his hard chest. She felt him leaning a bit back and wiped her forehead sweat with his hand. Her heart skipped a beat at his suddenly action and her mind wondered off to sleep with a light smile.

Stella bended over her legs in embarrassment hiding her face. “That was a dream, right?” She asked herself. A nice fried smell came into her room distracting her thoughts and made her stomach growl. She sat back up and put her hand on her tummy while she sensed in the food. She got up from the bed, opened her door, and walked past the robots sitting on the couch. She encountered a familiar figure in a red apron in front of the stove as she was near the kitchen.

The figure turned revealing that it was J-Hyo. He smiled when he saw Stella looking confused. “Good morning! I made breakfast.” He moved aside and tilted the fry pan to show her what he’d cooked. “Looks good, right? I saw it in a drama and wanted to try it out.” She didn’t answer him and examined the fried eggs with the cubed red, green, and yellow peppers exposing through. J-Hyo placed the fry pan back onto the stove and lightly pouted thinking she didn’t know what it was. “It’s a rice omelette.” Stella continued to stay quiet to annoy him. “You really don’t know rice omelette? Rooftop Prince, rice omelette!”

“It’s burning,” was all Stella said before turning her back to him and walked into the bathroom to wash up.

“Aish!” J-Hyo focused on the food and shut off the stove with the fire alarm beeping. He grabbed a cloth and fanned the alarm to make it shut up.

In the bathroom, Stella stared at herself in the mirror while she brushed her teeth. J-Hyo’s words came back to her, ‘It’s okay. I’m here,’ and it make her heart beat faster the second it repeated. She shook it off, “Does he know what happened?” She laughed a little, “He wasn’t there…he probably doesn’t.” She shrugged it off and finished washing up.

-------------------

Stella sat on the chair across from J-Hyo in the kitchen. He slid the plate of the food he’d made and waited for her to take a bite to test it out. He handed her a silver fork and she received it. She cut a piece off the corner of the eggs with her fork and brought it to . She chewed it slowly taking every taste in and swallowed it.

J-Hyo, who had his hands folded under his chin, was leaning in closer to read her expression. “How is it? Good? Bad?” Stella’s head rocked up and down trying to confuse his mind. “Which one is it? Good or bad?”

“Both,” she said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter