Taeny: This Is The Part by T

Phantom of Minds

And without further ado, here's the first one shot by 'T'

 

 

 

This is the Part

 by 'T'

 

 

Tiffany took in a bunch of displeasured air before showing her well-rehearsed bright eye smile. "Hi!" She stood up and raised her hand for a shake. "We've met, at the restaurant."

The latter took her hand and shook it. "Yes. Tiffany, right?" She smiled brightly too.

The ebony head nodded. She took her seat, still a fake smile plastered on her face. Tiffany high-fived herself for putting up a nicely played show. Sunny and Jessica looked at each other. Yuri only pursed her lips.

It has been a year after she and Taeyeon broke up. The relationship became rough and they were on the rocks before they could reach their third anniversary.

They decided to stay as best friends as they've ever been before going into the relationship.

Neither of them wanted to date for the time being since it will all get awkward for both of them.

Tiffany knew Taeyeon met a nice girl from one of her me times. It hurts to see and hear Taeyeon get excited and happy about seeing this girl. But all she did was push her best friend-turned-girlfriend-turned-ex-turned-best friend to pursue Hyejin.

While she couldn't bring her self to meet anybody else because the one and only person who occupied her broken heart was Taeyeon. 

A lot of times, she thought of asking the short girl back. The very thought of living in one roof, casual hugging and kissing on the cheek, the usual banters, and the accidental sweet gestures still make her want Taeyeon. But everytime she tries to bring up their situation during their talk, Taeyeon would change the topic or she'd excuse her self.

Tiffany closed her eyes.

If Taeyeon wasn't the one for her, then no one else will be. And tonight, she'll just watch her forever go to waste.

Taeyeon sensed the awkwardness her friends shared. "Hyejin-ah, these are my friends. Jessica, Yuri, Sooyoung and Sunny." She pointed at each dumbfounded faces. "Guys, this is Hyejin. She owns the shop Sunny and I used to buy our coffees."

"Oh." Sunny then returned to reality. "The one with the perfectly blended caramel coffee?"

Taeyeon nodded excitedly. 

"Then I deserve a free coffee then." The blonde's lips finally twitched up. 

"Of course. All of you can come by my shop and your drinks will be on the house."

Yuri pondered on the situation. Just five weeks ago, Tiffany was crying about Taeyeon and Hyejin. And now she's all okay with seeing them together. If it's real, it's good. But if it isn't, then the girl is good with acting. "Don't you have any announcement to make?" She tried to smile even though her disappointment on her friend is rising.

Taeyeon eyed the round table. She cleared . "Well, I know I haven't told you anything about us yet. I'm sorry about that." Hyejin instinctively took her hands. She softly smiled. "We are now officially dating. Just yesterday. And I want you guys to know immediately."

She expected this. That's why it took her weeks of practicing her moves. Despite the burning jealousy and pain, she remained her cool. Tiffany smoothly lift her lips to a sweet, sincere smile. She wanted to stand up, exaggeratedly shake both Taeyeon and Hyejin's hands and say congratulations. But she stopped her self from doing so. She knows that over reaction can lead to misunderstandings. 

Jessica stood up. None of them seemed interested to Taeyeon's announcement. So she just decided to look excited and hugged the couple. "Finally, Taeng. Congratulations. I'm happy for you."

Yuri followed her girlfriend, who reached for her after greeting their friend. "Congratulations Kim. You got quite a girl here. If I don't have mine then we will be fighting over-" she gained a nudge from Jessica who's glaring at her. "I mean of course, my girl's the prettiest." They laughed. "I'm happy for you."

Sooyoung playfully shoved a spoon of pudding in Taeyeon's mouth and laughed. "Wow shorty, finally. Happy for you!"

The latter swallowed. And pinched the tall girl's thigh. 

That's her cue. Tiffany stood up, patted her ex's shoulder and she slightly squeezed Hyejin's arm. "Congratulations. Just like them, I'm really happy for you." She sweetly smiled at the two.

Taeyeon noticed Tiffany's face from the moment she arrived. She never saw a hint of disappointment, jealousy or sadness. If there's someone who's disappointed, she thinks it's her. "Thank you Fany-ah."

"Of course."

The couple headed out after a short talk with their friends. It was the moment Tiffany has been waiting for. She slumped on her chair and the tears she's been hiding behind her eye smile started to fall. 

Jessica pulled her into a hug. "Tiff, it's okay, everything's gonna be okay."

"Jess, it's okay. I'm okay." Tiffany lied. "This is just the rush of emotions. This is nothing." She tried to escape from her best friend's embrace.

"Damn. Taeyeon really had to do this?" Sunny hissed under her breath. "Really?"

Yuri shrugged. "I don't think she has thought this over."

Sooyoung, who was now playing on her phone pouted. "Yeah, I think so too."

Jessica rubbed her best friend's back.

Tiffany wiped her tears and inhaled. Pity or sympathy, whatever it is, is not something she wanted her friends to give her at the moment. "Let her be, okay?"

"But Tiff, Soonkyu and Yuri's right. We all know you two have a past, which is overly dramatic by the way. And she's right there showing off her girl." Jessica grunted.

"She has the right to do anything. So let her be." Tiffany's tone got serious. It made the others close their mouths. "She deserves to be happy. Let's just give her that liberty, please. And I'm totally fine. We kinda talked about this every time we converse so I expected it."

"..."

"Shall we find a place to pig out? I got hungry all of a sudden." She added.

"I know a place!" Sooyoung answered, wanting the mood to improve. 


---


"Don't they like her?"

"It's not that."

"Then why?" Taeyeon's voice got more worried. Her best friend's answer didn't clear up anything. 

Tiffany exhaled. From the moment she woke up until they eat dinner, Taeyeon asked her thousands of questions about her and Hyejin. "They were just surprised, that's all. You didn't tell them anything from day one. You only went out of the closet after she officially said yes. Give them time, Taetae."

"And you're not?"

"What?" She stopped from doing the dishes and turned to look at Taeyeon who was sitting on the stool across her.

"You're not surprised?"

Tiffany saw desperation in Taeyeon's face but dismissed it.

"No. You always mention her so no, I'm not surprised." She coolly replied while getting back on her chore. She's been well trained to act over the months Taeyeon would talk about her love life.

The other girl let out a sigh. "So I can't take her during our meals?"

Tiffany shrugged. It was clear to her that her ex was really serious about the relationship that she wanted her girlfriend to come with her to their group dates. And it crushed her alive. "It's totally fine with me. I told you, just give them time."

After finishing the dishes, she strode towards her room. "Taetae, I'm tired so I'm going to sleep now. Stop looking at me like that. I already told you for the nth time today, time. Give our friends time." And she hurriedly locked her self inside her room. As soon as she touched her unicorn stuffed toy which Taeyeon gave her for their fifth monthsary, her tears fell endlessly.

Pretense was never easy. But as much as the situation breaks her heart, she has to let the love of her life go.

"Tiff?" A knock on the door snapped her out of her musing after what seems like forever. She didn't answer though. She can't handle another conversation with Taeyeon without breaking down and begging for another chance. "Are you asleep?"

No answer.

"I have the key to your room so I'll open the door, alright?"

She cursed under the covers. Tiffany immediately wiped her tears with the blanket that covered her whole body. 

A pressure on the bed made her realize that Taeyeon was already there. Then warmth wrapped around her as her best friend hugged her tight like it was the last moment they'd have together.

It made Tiffany's tears fall even more. She should find the gesture comforting. But at the moment, it wasn't. It's ironically painful. 

She managed to keep breathing calmly albeit the crying.



Taeyeon thought Tiffany was really asleep. It was the night she wanted to finally talk to Tiffany, to ask if they could go back together, if she still loves her.  But what should she say? Will Tiffany accept her? Will anything change?

She is still madly, over the top in love with Tiffany, that, she can't deny. But the girl she's been longing for acts and speaks otherwise. The whole Hyejin thing was not something she really wanted to have. But all her ex had done was to push her into the relationship she wanted to end immediately.

All she wanted was Tiffany, not Hyejin. It's Tiffany. She always has been, and she'll always be. And it hurts to see her ex moving on just fine, while she was struggling.

As Tiffany was crying under Taeyeon's touch, Taeyeon was too. The unspoken words between them drown them both in misery.

One was acting tough and nonchalant over the situation and the other one was acting to be in love with someone.

She planted a soft sniff kiss on Tiffany's shoulder, which is covered with the latter's blanket before she decided to stand up and wipe her trickling tears. With one last look, she decided that if she step out of the door, she'll also be stepping out of Tiffany's life.

Tiffany shuddered at the kiss Taeyeon gave her. She wanted to just stand up and pull and pin Taeyeon on the bed, with her atop the small girl. But she fought the urge and stayed on bed.

She heard the door cracked open. She didn't feel relieved until a few minutes of not hearing the door close. 

As soon as she turned to look at the door, she saw Taeyeon slowly, very slowly stepping out of her room. The door closed.


---


Three months after Taeyeon's announcement, Tiffany has become accustomed to having Hyejin around.

The pang of jealousy was still there but it was something she can already tolerate.

After the event at Tiffany's room, Taeyeon has distanced her self from her best friend. 

The usual behaviour towards each other was still there, but the difference from before was apparent. Nobody can't deny that. Yet none of them dared to ask Taeyeon nor Tiffany.

"Ah this is delicious Taeyeon!" Sooyoung said in satisfaction as she patted her belly.

The latter smiled. "Everything's delicious to you bottomless pit. Right, Tiff?" She pinched Tiffany's belly fat.

"Yah! Taetae!" She wagged Taeyeon's hand off of her. Her bright smile disappeared immediately when Hyejin took the hand and held it.

Taeyeon tensed.

The awkward silence was interrupted by a good looking guy who walked towards them. He bowed ninety degrees. "Hi. I am Minwoo."

The seven ladies turned to him with surprise on their faces.

The guy shyly headed on Tiffany's side. "This is quite embarassing. But I can't help it. I saw you and I just-"

"Oh, just ask her number already." Jessica crossed her legs and leaned coolly on the backrest of her chair.

"May I?" His warm eyes looked straight at Tiffany who was turning red.

"..."

"Give me your phone Minwoo." Yuri said, smiling. He nervously gave his phone and the tan girl swiftly saved Tiffany's number. "Here."

"T-thank you. What's your name though?" He asked once again.

"Tiffany."

He happily punched the air. "I'll message you, alright?" And he hopped towards the glass door of the restaurant.

---


Tiffany was clutching her phone on her chest waiting for Minwoo's reply as she slumped on the couch when her best friend groggily went out of her room.

Since she and Minwoo started going on dates, she has become busy or both of them became busy on their own lives to even notice their friendship falling apart.

Tiffany waited for the bathroom door to open. "Hey."

The lazy girl raised her head to look at Tiffany.

"You okay?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Be-"

Tiffany's phone beeped and the girl excitedly opened the message. "Wait!"

Taeyeon was clearly dismayed. But the other girl was too busy to even notice that Taeyeon was hurt.

She hit send and looked at her best friend again with a plastered smile on her face. "You're saying?"

"Just tired, that's all." Taeyeon dragged her self beside Tiffany. After a few seconds, she lifted the other girl's arm to give her head a space on her lap.

Tiffany instinctively brushed Taeyeon's hair. "Rough days on your job?"

The light brown haired girl closed her eyes and nodded.

Tiffany didn't respond. She knew too well that a tired Taeyeon wants peace and serenity. And she's giving her what she needs.

"So how are you and Minwoo?" Taeyeon asked.

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Yes. You and Hyejin?" Tiffany asked back.

"Okay."

"Is it just your mood today or you really don't sound too happy?" Tiffany asked once more.

The latter shrugged. "Can I ask you something though?"

"Hm?"

"Are you happy with all of this?"

"Yes. If you're happy, then I'm happy. We're both going on just fine."

I'm not happy, Tiff. I'm really not. I just want us to stay like this forever. You and me.

No, Taetae.  Nothing’s fine. I'm not happy. I want us to be together. Yet, we can't.
 


---


"I knew well I would find you here." Tiffany said as stepped in closer to Taeyeon.

"Go away."

"I'm not going anywhere."

"..."

The ebony head exhaled. She sat down the sand and felt the sea breeze touching her skin."I'm sorry."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I can't." Tiffany closed her eyes as she savoured the sound of the waves created by the constant breeze. The red orange color of the sky rekindled her heart. 

"..."

"I'm sorry. I was too late, we were too late."

Taeyeon nodded. She felt a light pressure on her shoulder when Tiffany leaned her head. She can't fight it anymore. Her tears fell one by one.

Tiffany knew Taeyeon was crying. She could feel the pain the other girl feels and it stabbed her heart too. She remained silent.

It hurts. She can't let Tiffany go. Not like this. Not ever. Especially now that she knew how Tiffany really feels for her. But everything’s too late.

"We usually go here when we go out of posts in our jobs. We run around, throw sands at each other and when it gets late, we will watch the setting sun with smiles on our faces. Just like this."

Tiffany nodded. Also, her tears started b.

"This is the part where you'd say I love you and I I'd say I love you too. This is the part where we'd kiss softly. This is the part where I'd say 
always and you'd reply with forever."

She sobbed. "I can't-"

She wiped her tears with the back of her hand. "I can't let this go. I can't let you go." She'd never imagined herself saying those words. For exactly after five years, nine months and fifteen days of breaking up, having their own lives and hurting each other, she thought she’s fine. But today, she just couldn't take everything anymore. 

Every morning, she'd close her eyes immediately after opening them just to imagine her and Tiffany waking up together, hands interlaced. And the girl's eye smile greeting her. It's something she always hoped for.

Every glimpse of Tiffany makes her heart melt in love and in pain at the same time.

"I love you, Tiff." She said shakily.

"I love you too, Taetae."

Taeyeon slowly lifted Tiffany's head away from her shoulder. She stood up, wagged the sand off her white dress and inhaled sharply. "If only you said that earlier. If I had known first-"

"Yes, if only."

"You have a good life ahead of you Tiffany." A bitter smile crept on her face. "I should be happy, right? Yeah, I should. You should too."

Taeyeon reached for Tiffany's hand.

The latter took Taeyeon's and stood beside her, not wanting to dismantle their hands.

"Ready?" Taeyeon asked.

Tiffany shook her head.

 

 

 

 


"Don't worry. I'm okay now, I won't ruin anything. Come on." Taeyeon tugged Tiffany's hand. "Your groom's waiting. Just say yes and get it done with."

Tiffany weakly nodded.

 

 

End

 

 

So how was it? Leave some comments guys! :)