Hard Days

Love Comes Silently

"Ya! If you are like this, you will never debut! Do you think the music industry is just a game or a lame joke? Just because you can sing very well, you can take dance lesson for granted?!" The dance coach scolded you after you made a simple mistake that couldn't even be noticed by anyone except the coach. You could feel your cheeks getting red from embarrassment.

"Jeongmal mianhaeyo, sunsaengnim. I will not do any mistakes anymore." You said, while bowing continuously. You were already used to the scolding, since it's your 4th year being a trainee in SM Entertainment. The percentage between the compliment that you got and the bad words are 100000000:1. But, you can't do anything about this, because you promised your parents that you will do well in training and be a child they can be proud of.

---

“Okay, here is the contract. You have worked so hard this past 4 years, and I really hope you will continue to do so in the following years. I know you’re a talented girl and I’m sure you can follow your sunbaes’ success. I wish you a good luck.” Said the representative of SM, your tears are falling down. You can’t wait to tell your family. After saying thank you, you run to the subway station and your phone rang.

“Ne, yoboseyo.”

“Soo jung-ah. Where are you? Don’t be shocked, okay.. Your mom is..” It’s your fathers’ voice. His voice was shaking, and you knew something is not right.

“Waeyo, appa? What’s with mom…”

“Your mom passed away, her car got into an accident and … and…. Well, hurry come to the hospital.”

You can’t believe what you heard just now. you thought my father was joking. But you went the hospital to check anyway. When you saw my father and your little brother crying at the corridor, you know this wasn’t a dream.

----

April 2012

“Eomma, this is the day of my debut stage. I wish you're here to support me and cheer for me. I want to cry together with you in happiness after I finished my stage. Why do you have to leave us so soon?”

----

You wiped your sweat with a tissue. This kind of flashbacks still happened every time you are about to perform a new song for the first time on stage. But this time, it’s even worse. Today is your comeback stage at Inkigayo since the release of your debut album 8 months ago.

“Pali wayo, Krystal-ssi! Your stage is right after Infinite. Is your mic ready?” asked the stage staff. You answered while running to the stage. On the way, you heard the fans cheering so loudly. That means Infinite’s performance is done. You met them on the corridor.

“Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenimdeul. Ije je-ga ka-yageseoyo, najunge insahalkeyo. (I have to go right now, I will greet you later.)” You greeted them in hurry, they all smiled but someone caught your eyes in that split of seconds. Ah, that cold boy, why didn't he even smile?

“Ne, we hope your performance will go well.” said the kind leader, Sunggyu. He was the kindest of all the members, you thought.