Greentown, KS

Come On Make Me Feel Alive

 

 

Greentown, KS


 
“Kris, it says we have six miles of gas left,” Tao says, eyeing the fuel gauge suspiciously. 
 
“It’s fine,” Kris says, “I’m sure there’s a gas station coming up.”
 
There isn’t, and they run out of gas as they coast along the highway’s shoulder. 
 
“How the did this happen again?” Lu Han laments, kicking the driver’s seat in frustration. Kris slumps down in his chair, too annoyed to even reprimand Lu Han. 
 
“I’ll call AAA,” Yixing offers. “At least this time we have signal.”
 
“Are we in the Wizard of Oz?” Tao asks suddenly, and Lu Han guffaws loudly. 
 
“Well, we are still in Kansas so probably not,” Lu Han says, and Kris shakes his head. 
 
“I wouldn’t be so sure,” he says, and Lu Han and Yixing follow his gaze to where a girl wearing a blue checkered dress is holding a little brown dog. 
 
“Dorothy?” Yixing wonders. “Wait...does that mean -”
 
“You’re the Scarecrow!” Lu Han laughs maniacally. “Yixing would definitely be the Scarecrow, right? Taotao, you’re the Cowardly Lion and Kris, you can be the Tin Man.”
 
“ you,” Kris says. “You’re the Tin Man, oh heartless one.”
 
“You’re Glinda, then,” Lu Han chuckles.
 
“ no,” Kris snaps, and Tao motions to Yixing to call AAA while the other two fight. 
 
“Yeah?” Lu Han challenges. “Let’s ask Dorothy, then.” They turn to look out the window, but to their surprise, ‘Dorothy’ is nowhere in sight. 
 
“W-where’d she go?” Kris asks, and they look every which way but the girl has completely vanished. “She’s gone!”
 
“Maybe it was our imagination,” Yixing suggests, the phone to his ear. 
 
“There’s no way,” Tao says quietly. It’s going to be an interesting story to tell when they get back.

 

 


[A/N]: wat. crack