chapter 8

Dr.Kris's Panda Boy

     “YO Sehun-ah. What’s up?” Kai asked his best friend as he put his arm around Sehun’s neck with his backpack on his right shoulder. Today is the day Kai return to school after his father bought him the ‘Space club’. Kai promised his dad that once he buys him the club, he will return to the school immediately. Sehun just arrived at school by bus so he was a bit late today as Kris can’t send him to school because Kris is also late for work. Sehun hold his back on his left arm and wrap his arm around Kai’s neck.

     “What’s up? I’m late today.” Sehun said as he looks around at the empty hallway. It looks like everyone has entered their class except for this stupid Kai. Sehun looks at the relax and calm Kim Jong In. He knows Kai very well. Kai who is always late for class. Kai who is always skip class and much more badly. Even his dressing is not proper with his tie untie and his messy hair.

     “Relax. The teacher won’t scold us. We have reasons right?” Kai said calmly.

     “Kai, I have excuses but you didn’t.” Sehun said but Kai just relax and said. “Relax”. They walk to class together which is on the third floor. As they reach the front door of their class, they can hear clearly that it is now Mrs. Jung is teaching Physics. Sehun is a bit scared of walking in like that because this is the very first time he came late for school. Well, he doesn’t want to be rude to just walk in when the teacher is teaching but Kai doesn’t even care. Kai walk in just like that and sits at his place on the second row. Sehun gulp.

‘The teacher didn’t say anything so maybe I should just walk in too like Kai.’ Sehun think for a while.  He took a deep breath and knocks the door. Sehun walk towards the teacher and that makes the teacher shock for a while. Mrs. Jung stops teaching for a while and look at Sehun.

     “Sorry, I’m late.” Sehun mumbled softly.

     “Never mind. Just sit at your place.” Mrs. Jung said and Sehun moves his feet towards his table that is just between Kai and Suho. His classroom is big but only for small amount of student. All the class in this school only had 16 students including Sehun as this school focus on ‘quality rather that quantity’ to produce well-educated students for the future. The table was arranged in the form of four. Sehun sits and the teacher starts teaching again.

Suddenly, a crumple paper was shot to his head by the other person besides him. It was Suho. Suho mouthed Sehun to unfold the crumble paper. Sehun do as he was asked and unfold it.

‘Going to Kai’s club, tonight?’ Sehun reads it and he admits it did spoil his mood a bit because he can’t go to Kai’s club with Suho. He throws the paper back to Suho without writing anything. Suho unfold the paper and looks kind of confused as Sehun do not write anything. He looks at Sehun and Sehun just shake his head saying ‘he can’t go’ towards Suho. Suho can just smiles pitifully.

After a few hours of study, the bell rings signing its recess time for the students and teachers. Sehun closes his books and so are the others. Kai is still at his tables. His head is on his open books and he looks like he is sleeping but him just closing his eyes for a while. Meanwhile, Suho walks towards Sehun’s table and lean beside it with a boy stand politely at his side. The boy keep on looking at the floor without even saying anything. Sehun always wandering why he never talks or even squeaks. The only thing Sehun noticed is that the boy always had a book in his hand wherever he goes.  Maybe because he always sits behind alone and he is comfortable that way. Or maybe he is scared of his . . . master.

     “Baekhyun, go to the cafeteria and buy my lunch. The usual food and save a sits for three.” Suho commands Baekhyun to buy him food. Baekhyun nod and walk away fast. Sehun watch him go until he is out of Sehun’s view. Suho look at Sehun weirdly.

      “Why are you eyeing my butler?” Suho asked Sehun that is now looking at him.

      “Nothing. I’m just wondering how hard he is to accept orders from a spoil brat like you.” Sehun said jokingly at Suho and that make him receive a smack on his head. Sehun yells in pain and that makes Kai wakes up.

      “It’s not hard. It’s his job.”

      “I know but can’t you treat him a little nicer . . . perhaps . . .” Sehun said but Suho just ignore it and look the other way like he’s not there. Sehun also keeps his mouth shuts because he knows how Suho personalities are. He can’t be corrected or advised. Just like his father.

      “Let’s go to the cafeteria.” Kai said. Sehun and Suho look at him and it look like he already tidy his things. Kai walk away out of the classroom followed by Suho and Sehun. They walk down the stair towards the cafeteria.

      “You guys coming to my place tonight?” Kai asked Suho and Sehun on their way down the stairs. Suho laugh saying yes but Sehun just look down.

      “I can’t go. My brother won’t let me go.” Sehun said in a sad tone. Kai smile evilly.

      “That . I thought of introducing you my special person tonight. I guess it needs to wait. You’re the only person who hasn’t met him. ” Kai and Suho laugh together looking at Sehun confused faces.

      “Who is it?” Sehun asked.

      “You’ll have to see it for yourself. Suho have met my special person and I’m happy he can accept who I am or who I am with.”

       “I support you my friend.” Sehun look more confused and he keep asking who that special person is but Kai only said. “Come to my club if you’re curious.” Kai smirks at Sehun while touching his lips. He walks to the cafeteria and push the door open. Suho is the first to enter to spot for his butler. Baekhyun waves his hand from afar signaling that he found the seat. The usual sit beside the window with the view of the football field. The food that Suho ordered is already on the table. Suho walks towards the table with Kai and Sehun behind him. They sit at the tables without Kai and Sehun eating anything.

        “I’m not eating. I have dance practice later.” Kai said and Sehun gave the same answers. Suho just nod and start digging his food, while Baekhyun just stand there like an idiot. Kai and Sehun look at Suho and then at Baekhyun. Baekhyun just pretend he didn’t see it and look outside the window. Suho feels uncomfortable with his friends looking at him and asks Baekhyun to go away. Baekhyun bow and walk away. He can’t deny how much it hurts his pride to listen to other people’s order but he can’t do anything about it. It hurts him more when people see him as Suho’s slave. It all happened when he was sold by his own father to Suho’s family due to his father needs of alcohol and drugs. His mother has long gone because of heart attack. He has no sibling or any family members except his drunkard father.

Baekhyun walks out of the cafeteria and thinking of heading to the most quite place in the school. The rooftop. For Baekhyun, that is the most relaxing places ever and he can express all of his emotions there. Cry. Smile and laugh if that ever happened to him. He walks up the stair slowly until he reached the rooftop. He opens the door and walks towards the sunlight. Baekhyun spreads his arms as wide as he can because this is the only time he feels like a free birds. He breathes in the fresh air filling both his lungs.

Suddenly, Baekhyun fall to the ground as he feels so weak all of a sudden the more he thinks about his life. It . Although he does feel grateful towards Suho’s family for taking care of him for this past years. Baekhyun thinks about how his father even tried to make him become a e and willingly gave him up for the world pleasure and how his mom died after him being sold. It’s just too much for him to handle and he didn’t like people see him crying because it will only show that he is weak. He never thinks of his past but now it just makes him tear up as he think about it deeper.

----------—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chanyeol drives his car to the Ament Boarding School compound after he reports to the guard of his attentions. He parks his car at the guest parking space, lock his car and walks into the school with a camera hanging on his left shoulder. Many girls start to shriek after they see Chanyeol walks in.

“Isn’t that Chanyeol, the photographer for the InStyle Magazines?”

“WOW, he is so tall.”

“I heard this is his old school.”

Girls start to talk about him as he walks in through the corridor. Chanyeol just smiles, showing his white full teeth and sometimes wink at the girls as he make his way towards the office.

        “I’m here to see the Principle.” He said to one of the clerk but the clerk tells him the principle is out on a meeting and asks him to wait for a while. Chanyeol nod and tell the clerk to call him when the principle is back because he wants to take a look around the school. It’s been 7 years since he left this school. He knows every spot of this school. Chanyeol run towards the stair, heading to his favorites spot in this school. He opens the door to the rooftop and breathes in all the fresh air. He switches on his camera and starts taking pictures of anything he can see.

While he is zooming, he sees a figure curling on the floor with his head looking up at the sky. Chanyeol take a peek at the boy. He is skinny and looks quite short with a black hair. He can’t see his face and he is dying to see it. He doesn’t know why but his heart feels that he needs to see his face. Chanyeol walk slowly towards the boy and when he is close, he realized the boy has his eyes close. Looks like the boy didn’t realize he is there. Chanyeol slowly hold his camera downward at the fair skin boy face. He takes a few pictures of the boy. His eyes all red and his cheeks all puffy. His lips are red too. Chanyeol suddenly feel his heart skips a beat. He near his face toward the boy and nearly kiss the boy because of his tempting red lips but it all stops when the boy open his eyes. The first thing Chanyeol say is,

        “What a beautiful eyes you have.” Baekhyun is shock and push Chanyeol away. He tries to escape but Chanyeol grab his hands tightly.

        “Wait, I just want to know your name.” Chanyeol said while his hand still grabbing Baekhyun’s. Baekhyun is wandering whether he should or shouldn’t tell his name to this stranger but in his hearts it feels okay to tell him although he is not sure why.

        “Baek . . .-Baekhyun.” He stutters. He can’t even look at Chanyeol in the eyes. Chanyeol introduce himself and replace the grabbing with a handshake. He doesn’t know why but he refuses to let Baekhyun go.

        “Baekhyun. What a cute name for a cute person.” Baekhyun blush hard at Chanyeol compliment. This is the first time people have ever compliment him. Baekhyun pull his hand indicates that he needs to go now because the recess is almost over and his master might be mad at him.

        “Going already. I want to know more about you,” Chanyeol said but Baekhyun only keep quite. Chanyeol understand and let Baekhyun’s hand go. “Okay then but I promise you this is not the last time you’ll see me.” Baekhyun walks away and close the door to the rooftop. He leans at the door with his hand touching his chest as his hearts beat like crazy.

         “I hope so too.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

         “Xiumin, come faster. Our movies are starting. We need to go inside now.” Chen said to Xiumin and that makes Xiumin runs faster with popcorn in his hand. Chen is holding the cola. After that, they go inside the cinema together and find their seats. They sit at the couple seats because the others are full. That is what Chen said when he tells Xiumin although that is so not true. He comes early to the cinema so that he can book the couple seat for later.

          “Why do you choose this spot? It’s dark here.” Xuimin said because the place they were sitting is quite near to the screen, on the right side but Chen only smiles and apologies. Xiumin smiled back and then says it’s okay. After a while the movie starts. Both of them suddenly become quite. Xiumin digging his popcorn while Chen is enjoying his drinks. They become quite after the movie starts.

Xiumin nudges Chen’s arms offering him the popcorn and Chen accepts it and even holds it for Xiumin. They keep on watching the movie. It is Chen’s favorite’s movie actually and it’s not much to Xiumin’s liking but he watches it anyway.

‘This is boring but I think I can hold up until its finish.’ Xiumin said in his hearts although his face is showing much interest in the movie. Chen sometimes tries to peek at Xiumin’s expressions just to make sure. After half an hour of showing, Chen try to peek at Xiumin again and this time he can’t stand not to smile. The cute slightly chubby Xiumin is sleeping soundly beside him with pouting lips. Chen suddenly feels the urge to do something more than just staring. When he notices everyone is staring at the screen, he near his face towards Xiumin’s lips and give him a peek at the lips. He stays there longer and after a while he let go. Xiumin moves a bit but do not wakes up.

Chen stays at his place, eyes staring at the screen, ignoring Xiumin. After he realized Xiumin does not budge, he stares at Xiumin’s face.

‘I know you’ll falls asleep but thanks for agreeing to watch it although I know you don’t like this kind of movie.’ Chen holds Xiumin’s hand bravely because he know, Xiumin will not remember it when he wakes up.