chapter 7

Dr.Kris's Panda Boy

     “Luhan huh ? That deer look guy is quite cute I said.” Kris said as he is wiping his hair dry with a blue towel. He comes out from the room shirtless with his trousers on. His abs was clearly forms with drop of water streaming down from his hair covering his abs. Kris hang his towel on his neck and walk to the kitchen to grab some cola.

      “Hyung . . .” Sehun said with a pillow on his lap, whining cutely at his hyung while putting his XBOX controller down. He stares at Kris who is now sitting on the couch in front of the TV. Kris opens the drinks and gulps down. He looks at Sehun after that and starts to again.

      “What? He is cute. His eyes, His lips, His . . .” Kris said as he looks like he is adoring Luhan beautiful physicals and that annoy Sehun a lot.

      “Ahhh . . . Hyunggg  . . .” Sehun cuts in and hits Kris with his pillow lightly. Sehun stares at Kris sharply with a pouting lips showing that he is annoy right now.

      “Arasso . . . arasso . . . hyung is only joking and by the way he is not my type.” Kris said while pointing a finger at Sehun. He puts his cola on the side table and pick up a magazines instead. He flips the magazines pages by pages.

      “By the way hyung, what is wrong with you nowadays?” Sehun asks quietly.

      “What is . . . wrong  . . . with . . . me?” Kris asks although he knows what Sehun talked about and continue to pretend he is reading. Sehun starts to have doubt about asking but continue anyway as he is full of curiosity and curiosity kills the cat.

      “I don’t know. It’s just that you look so lost now days. It’s like you don’t know which way to go or to seek for help.” Sehun feels concern.

      “Am I? You’re just dreaming.” Kris fakes a laugh.

      “Yes you are and I am not dreaming. You almost forget my birthday this year. You always late to pick me up from school. You did not attend my school, parents and teacher’s meeting. Even Kai’s parents attend it. And . . . and . . .” Sehun stutter as the last thing that came into his mind are not the thing he wanted to say to his brother.

     “And?”

     “Well, Kai said you’ve being hangout at his club many times recently.” Sehun quite down and stares at the floor. He tried to take a peek at his brother’s face but he is just too scared. Kris his lips dryly. He looks at his brother and pulls Sehun’s hand so he comes near him.

      “Come here.” Kris said and Sehun sits right in front of Kris who is sitting on the couch. Kris looks at Sehun young face. He cupped Sehun’s face with both of his large hands and makes Sehun to looks at his.

      “Hey, I am so sorry for forgetting your birthday . . .”

     “You did not even buy me anything.” Sehun cuts in and that makes Kris laughs. Laughing at how cute his brother was.

      “I know. I know. You don’t have to remind me. I’m sorry and I’m sorry for picking you up late after school. Sorry for not attending the meeting because I really don’t know about it and even if I knew, I won’t go. That kind of meeting is not my style. About me going to the club . . . it’s nothing. I just need to release my stress. You know how stressful it is to . . .”

      “To need someone who can’t be there when we need them.” Sehun said about Junmyeon without mentioning his name in front of his brother. He just doesn’t want his brother to feel sad and gloomy like before.

      “I’m going to say ‘to deal with someone who is stubborn and troublesome’ at my workplace but . . . yeah . . . what you said is one of the reasons. The main point is I’m sorry.” Kris said and kiss Sehun’s forehead. Sehun nod at his brother words.

      “I love you, hyung.” Sehun said and Kris replied the same words. Kris loves his brother because he is the only family member he had left. Kris let go of Sehun and continue flipping his magazines while Sehun continue playing his games.

      “Is it the ‘stubborn and troublesome’ student you were saying named Tao?” Sehun asked out of nowhere and his eyes is still looking at the TV.

      “Yeah. How did you know?” Kris asked curiously but then smiled at Sehun’s answers.

      “Kai told me. Everything.” Sehun said while he continues playing his XBOX games.

      “Hmm . . . what else did that big mouth fellow did not tell you. I guess him finally returning to school. That must be because of his father, build him a club that huge so that he go back to the school.” Kris smiled and Sehun continue playing, forgotten about his saying earlier.

      “By the way hyung, can I go to Kai’s club?” Kris answered a big fat NO almost immediately.

     “But hyung, my entire friend has been there.” Sehun said with a pity voice.

     “Really? Who is your friend ?” Kris knows Sehun was lying. All Sehun’s friend are high educated students who almost never been anywhere but at home, study. Although Kai would be an exception. Kris put an annoying face.

     “Well . . . Suho did. He went in just like that.” Sehun replied.

     “That rich kid? Where in this wide world can’t he go? He even has his own butler that follow him everywhere even to school. All just because of his big daddy.” Kris said and it more likes a speech to Sehun.

      “That is not the point. Can I go?”

      “The answer is still no.” Sehun keep quite. He knows he can’t fight back whatever Kris said because Kris is always right and he is going to lose in the end. So, he keeps his mouth shut and plays his games.

 

      “Where the hell is this kid?” Kris wears his white coat. He is grumpy this morning and he did not even have his breakfast. No coffee or toast. What a bad way to start a day. Now, Tao jus successfully increase his temper.

Suddenly, the door of Kris’s office is kicked open and there stood Tao with his bag on his shoulder. Tao smirked as he entered Kris’s office and throw his back on Kris’s table. He sits and put his feet on top of Kris’s table with Kris sitting in front of him. Kris is totally annoyed.

     “Look like someone really late today.” Kris said while looking at his watch that showing 9 o’clock and Tao are supposed to sees Kris at 8 sharps.

     “Cool down old man. I’m sleepy today.” Tao yawned. He is not supposed to have any class today but Kris asks him to come to help him. Tao did not want to go. He never wants to go but Chen made him.

-flashback-

 

     ‘Tao . . . Tao . . . open this door this instant.’ Chen was shouting outside of Tao’s bedroom. Tao family’s maid let him in because Chen is already considering a family to Tao’s family. Tao family owns a few villas around Korea while Chen is just an average boy. Tao’s families already consider him as their son as Tao is the only son of theirs. So, the Hwang’s family decided to give Chen a scholarship for his studies. That’s why Chen is so close with Tao and he did not fight back even Tao was rude towards him. It’s to show his gratefulness to the Hwang’s family.

Tao was still inside on his big bed and was still at the sky high. After many times of banging at Tao’s door, Chen can’t take it anymore. He asked the maid to bring the key to Tao’s room. The maids gave it to him right away. After that, he unlocked the door and the door was opened.

      ‘TAO . . . WAKE UP’ Chen screams on top of his lungs towards Tao who starts to shuffle on his bed.

      ‘Come on Chen. I have no classes today. Go away.’ Tao whined but Chen went straight to his bed and pulls the blanket away, taking all the comfort. Tao whined louder like a baby. Who knows this tough guy whined like a baby sometimes. Only Chen knew it.

      ‘Wake up. It’s already 7.45 a.m. you are going to be late.’

     ‘Late for what?’

     ‘Your class with Dr.Kris today. You must go.’

     ‘Why are you all dress up today?’

     ‘I’m going on a date with Xiumin but it kinds of like a hangout more than a date.’ Chen said but Tao once again lay down on his bed and about to snore once again.

     ‘I don’t want to and I refuse to go.’ Tao commanded Chen to stay away out of it as he remembers what Chen said earlier. Chen just smiled and calmly pulled out his phone and dialed a number.

     ‘What are you doing?’ Tao panic. ‘Don’t tell her, you idiot.’

     ‘Hello, Mrs.Hwang. It’s me, Chen. Tao? Yeah it is about him . . . he uh . . . how do we say it.’

    ‘Chen . . . cut it off . . . now . . . I’ll go, okay.’ Tao whispered silently and rushed to the bathroom. Chen laughed his off at Tao panic expression. If one thing that Tao were scared off, it was his mom.

 

-flashback-

     “Look like someone really asks to be punished.” Kris said with a strong voices showing that he will do what he said. He stares at Tao sharply and that makes Tao put down his feet.

     “Stand up.” Kris said shorts and that make Tao startle. Kris is a bit curious why Tao so quiet today. He usual self is not like this at all. Tao stands and follow Kris to another room in Kris’s office.

     “This is where I do all my works. You will be helping me here today.” There is a lot of laboratory stuff in there and it smells weird.

     “What am I going to be doing?” Tao asks curiously as he looks around at the clean lab. There is nothing much to clean. He is wandering all by himself. Kris stares at Tao’s face. They walk into some corner and stand in front of the white table with a cover on top of it.

      “Open the cover.” Kris ordered.

      “What is that?” Tao asked and his hand is touching the cover.

      “Just open the damn cover.” Tao pull the cover and it shocks the living hell out of him. It was a body of a man that is turning a bit blue with a couple of red bruises on his face and neck. Tao eyes open wide as he stares at the body. He seems a bit scared and he can’t even say anything until Kris covers the body with the cover back.

      “What the hell was that? A body? Did you kill anyone?” Tao walk backwards as he is pointing at Kris. Kris smiles evilly and walks forward towards Tao and grab his hands. Tao tries to fight back but failed and he is drag by Kris towards the body once again.

      “I’m not a murderer, Tao. Don’t be stupid. Can’t believe you called yourself as medical students.” Kris sighed and after the explanation, it calms Tao a little.

      “I took it from the W hospitals and bring it here with my own bare hands and car. I don’t know how my car smells right now but it sure not good but that is not the point. Today you will be helping me with autopsy. We will be doing it on this body.”

     “Au . . . top-sy?” Tao stutters. He never does anything like this before. He just can’t.

     “What is wrong with you, stuttering like that?” Kris asked but Tao stood up to show that he is brave and are not scared of a dead man except for . . .

      “Nothing. I’m . . . okay with . . . it. Go on. Let’s . . . do it. I . . . can do it.” Tao said while clenching his hand but hide it from Kris’s view.

      “Okay then.”

Kris has prepared everything in the meantime Tao just stand there like a puppet. He does not even budge. Not even an inch. Kris feels it is weird for Tao to act like this. Just now he was so brave and now what. I mean, how a tiger can suddenly change into a cat just after seeing a body. He’s a future doctor, isn’t he? Kris nudge Tao’s shoulder but Tao just keeps his brave face but still silent.

‘Maybe I should just start. Maybe he just wants to concentrate.’ Kris thought. He holds his scalpels like a doctor he is and starts to cut the man open on his chest after wipes it with a yellow solution. Tao is still there watching quietly. His head feels dizzy suddenly and he starts to see birds on his head. His head starts spinning like a helicopter.

After Kris cut the man open, only a little bit of blood comes out as the man already is dead for quite long and that is the moments that shocks Kris. Tao fell down. Tao just instantly fell down just after the blood starts oozing out. Kris is shocks and he holds Tao in his arms. Tao’s faces are pale and that is when Kris realizes . . . that . . .