chapter 6

Dr.Kris's Panda Boy

     “Here you are. I thought you already go home.” Kris’s friend enters the café as he can already guess Kris will be here. He hold his cup of coffee and sits near the table after he puts his cup on Kris’s table.

     “What do you want, Chanyeol?” Kris said as his eyes still staring at the book in his hand.

     “I know you’ll be here. I stopped by because I’ve no photo-shoot today. The model suddenly cancelled the appointment.” Chanyeol said but Kris only kept silent and he still stares at the book as it look like he is reading it thoroughly. Chanyeol knows Kris very well. Very well indeed.

     “You still can’t let him go, didn’t you?” Chanyeol said again and take a sip of his coffee, staring at his friend who is really needed to be taken care of. He knows how terrible Kris condition were after the death of his beloved but Chanyeol did not know how it feels as it only felt by the one who experience it.

     “Well, as much as I don’t want to let it go, I had to.” Kris said but his eyes did not move away from the book. He tried to act as he already let him go by not looking at Chanyeol in the eye to avoid Chanyeol from suspecting him.

      “I knew you for a long time and very well indeed. You won’t read that kind of book. It’s just not your style. There is something, isn’t it?” Chanyeol said and he look like he can already guess what is inside the book. A photo.

      “This is our first anniversary. We went to Canada for a vacation and to visit my family there.” Kris paused for a while and it look like he is trying to hold his tears.

      “That . . . that is the first time I introduced him to my parents . . . he was  . . . so happy. He said don’t forget to . . . don’t forget to bring him there again next time. Well, I guess . . . there is no more next time.” Kris stares at the photo and Chanyeol just stare at Kris.

      “Hey, don’t tell me you can’t even forget about Junmyeon just a little . . .  not much . . . just a little for you to love someone else. For you to open your heart. For you to be happy again. Can’t you?” Chanyeol said looking straight into Kris’s eyes as it look like he is begging him to say no but it never come out from Kris mouth.

      “I can’t say I forgotten about him when all I can feel is his touch . . . his presence . . . beside me . . . always . . .” Kris said as he stare at the street beside the café that are full of people.

      “Huh . . .” Chanyeol sighed. “I don’t know what is going on with your mind since he passed away but I am just going to say what I always did. Get a life, dude.” Chanyeol said with a higher tone in his voice. Well, yes. He is angry. Angry about his friend who doesn’t seem to want to move on.

      “Life?” Kris said repeatedly and he looks like he forgotten the meaning of it. “It has no meaning to me already. Junmyeon was my life and as he’s already gone so does my life.” Kris said and that silence both of them. The café suddenly sounds quite.

      “You shouldn’t say like that. If Junmyeon hears this, he is so going to be sad and disappointed of you. I thought you promised him you would never be like this after he died. Didn’t you remember?”

 

 

-Flashback-

“Junmyeon . . . relax . . . you’re going to be okay. I’m right here okay. I’ll wait you outside when it’s over okay.” Kris said that and Junmyeon held his hands. Kris caress Junmyeon’s cheeks and he felt like crying as he look at Junmyeon trying to hold on from his pain.

His body was full of blood and all Kris can smell is just blood. Junmyeon was injured badly. There was a lot of scratches everywhere. His head was wrapped with a towel to stop the bleeding. His right leg can’t move. His right hand were broke. Kris just can’t stand it anymore.

“I . . . love . . . you.” Junmyeon said just before they pushed his stroller into the emergency’s room. Kris was frozen at the moments. He don’t know why but his hearts felt like this might be the last time he’ll heard of Junmyeon’s voice.

“I love you too . . . don’t worry . . . I’ll be here waiting . . .” Kris said although the door had already closed.

Kris waited patiently and after some times Chanyeol appeared in front of him. Chanyeol look like he was out of breath. He sits beside Kris while trying to control his breathing.

“What . . . happened?”

“We were out shopping at the street. I promised to accompany him doing the shopping. We walked down the street. We cross the road but then . . .” Kris lost his words.

“Then what?”

“Junmyeon . . . he was . . . knocked over” Kris stands up and walk to the wall and he only stare.

“Oh my God. By what?” Chanyeol was shocked.

“A truck. The drivers were . . . drunk.” Kris said as he punched the wall that cause his hands to bleed. Well, he doesn’t care about his hands. Junmyeon is what he cared now. The pain of his hands were nothing compared to Junmyeon’s.

Kris feels dumb. He’s a doctor but he can’t even safe him. Can’t stop him from having to hold on the pain. It was nothing more than a regret. After a while, the emergency’s room door opened and a middle-aged doctor came out. Kris rushed towards him and asked him a lot of question about Junmyeon’s condition.

“He’s . . . umm . . . He lost a lot of blood. I don’t think he can hold any longer. You can see him if you want or should I say for the last time maybe. I’m sorry. We’ve tried our best but God loves him more.” The doctor walked away and Kris hurriedly rushed towards the room Junmyeon’s in. Of course he was sad but he can’t be bothered by it now. He was scared actually. Scared of not hearing Junmyeon’s voice again.

“Junmyeon . . . Junmyeon . . . I’m right here, baby. You’re going to be okay. Doctor said you are going to be fine.” Kris said after he entered the room. He hold Junmyeon’s face closely.

“Hmm . . . don’t lie. With my  . . . ugh . . . condition . . . there is  . . . no way I’m . . . going to . . . survive. Just promise me . . . one  . . . thing . . .”

“Anything” Kris held his hands.

“Be happy even . . . when I’m . . . gone. Don’t forget all . . . about me but . . . don’t miss me to much . . . or . . . or you’ll get sick.” Junmyeon cough non-stop. “Promise me.” Junmyeon showed his pinky finger to seal the deal. Chanyeol just let them be together alone by standing outside the room.

“I … promise . . .” Kris said as his link his pinky fingers with Junmyeon and Junmyeon smiles.

“I love you.” After that the life machine showed a straight line indicate that he was gone. Forever. Chanyeol walks in to comfort his friend. Kris cried like there was no tomorrow. He hugged on Junmyeon body and kiss his forehead then he kissed his rose lips softly

“I love you too.”

-Flashback-

 

 

“Chanyeol . . .”

“Yeah . . .”

“Want to come with me this weekends? I want to visits his grave. I can’t go alone.” Kris said as he stares back at the photo.

“Sure friend. Whatever you said just reminds me to buy his favorites flowers. He loves it. Especially . . .”

“White roses . . .” Kris cut in.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Kris drives his white BMW hurriedly towards Ament International Boarding School. He peek at his watch that shows 4.00 in the evening. He knows he is going to be in trouble for coming late.

      “I’m late . . . I’m late . . .” Kris said as his eyes still look at the road and give signals to the right after he feels he is near the school. He drives slowly after he enters the school and he look to the right and left. He is seeking for a boy . . . ah . . . there he is. He slow down his car in front of a gold hair boy and slide down his car window.

     “Sorry I’m late.” Kris said but the boy do not said anything and enters the car. He lay back in silence and close his eyes. Kris silence for a while and still looking at the golden hair boy.

     “Sehun-ah, are you mad?” He asked carefully although he knows his brother won’t even get mad. Sehun is his younger brother by 7 years and he is 17 now. They look really alike with that cold and long face. Kris knows it is his fault so he knows how to cheer him up.

     “Just drive. I’m tired.” Sehun said short.

     “Okay.” Kris drives out of the school and pass across a junction and instead of turning right towards their house he turns left instead. He drives comfortably because he really knows how Sehun loves this places.

      “We’re here.” Kris said and stops the car. Sehun opens his eyes end look around. This look familiar he said and walks out. He left his beg in the car and go out. Kris get out of the car and look at his brother who is looking back at him like asking him to hurry up.

      “I know you want to smile until you stretch your cheek until your ears so just do so. So stop with the long faces.” Kris said and smiles at his brother. Sehun can’t hold it any longer finally smiles. Both of them enter the bubble tea café and go to the counter.

      “Hi, how can I help you?” A deer eyed boy stand there with a cute cap on top of his head and an apron around his waist. He looked at both Sehun and Kris. Kris ordered his bubble tea but Sehun . . . he just stare at the boy in front of him.

      “Excuse me sir, what flavor do you want?” The cashier asks once again.

      “Luhan . . .” is all that came out of his mouth. The deer eyed boy was shocked and Kris nudge Sehun shoulder to wake him up. Sehun blinks for a while and look at the menu.

      “Peppermint please.” Sehun said and after that he starts blaming himself in his heart for oozing out and called his name. Of course Sehun knows his name. Not because he read it from Luhan’s tag but because he sometimes come here after school with his friends. It’s not like he is stalking or anything. After a while Luhan send their order. Kris pick his drinks up and so does Sehun. Kris paid for the drinks and walk out with Sehun following behind him.

      “Say, why do you always so happy and sometimes blushing when we go to this café?” Kris asked as he is really curious about his brother acting all like that. Sehun cough hard. ‘Is it that obvious?’ he asks himself.

      “I like the bubble tea made here. It’s nice and tasty . . . and beside . . .”

      “You like that guy, aren’t you?”