When It Happens: Overview

Let It Happen

 

Quick Overview:

I have been quietly roaming the halls of this school for 3 years. These hallways where no one seems to notice me. I walk with my head down against the lockers, avoiding any type of conflict that might come my way. Thankfully, I am the girl that, literally, no one notices. I sit on the way side of the classroom, I don’t say a word to those who don’t speak to me first, which is hardly ever, and I disperse crowds before everyone else. I'm too passive aggressive for confrontation.

I have only one friend, Hayoung. She is gorgeous, tall, smart, and outgoing, which is why she is one of the most wanted girls in school. Yeah, she is my best friend. I think that is the reason why, though. We complement each other so much. She makes me laugh when I am down, which is most of the time and we just have fun together. She knows everything about me and never once judged me because of it, which is probably why I respect her all the more.

I wish she was with me right now. But she is at the large middle table in the cafeteria, reserved for the oh so clichéd ‘poplar kids’. I don’t eat in the noisy room, however, I bring myself to one of the abandoned classrooms, preferably the music room. I just sit there for the hour and quietly eat my food, waiting for another boring day of my life to end.

I cant lie, though. I do  have one thing that I look forward to during my day. Jonghyun. He is in my English class. Since I was raised in America for 10 years, I don’t pay attention to the work. So I let time pass by just watching him. He is probably one of the most amazing people In this school. Never once, have I seen, him, let his popularity get to his head. He is always smiling. Him and J.Hyo sunbaenim. Even when they are just walking aruonf or taking tests. Smile Smile Smile. Sometimes, I wish that maybe he will notice me. Or smile at me. 

I like to sing when Im alone. It helps me cope with all the lonliness. I only get to see Hayoung after school. My decision. I dont want her to feel like she doesnt have to hang out with her other friends just because she is friends with me. I feel guilty easily, another part of my passive agressiveness. Sometimes she will come to the music room, but thats usually it during school time.

I have a little sister, Hyejoo, who is 5. She is my life. Our parents died 2 years ago. Making it a little difficult for us. Another reason why I really dont care about friendships and relationships. I have to take care of her and myself. Omma and Appa left us a fair amount of money, but that can only last us for so long. So I work on the weekends. That way Hayoung is free to watch her for me. She is my weakness, so whatever she wants, I give her, which never, really, works out well for me in the end.

So, I just live my life as Kim Namjoo.

 

 

tumblr_m1g00tBofy1r53r8ko2_r1_500.gif