Paper Ball War!!

Little Story of Mine

I do felt sorry for Siwon since I got both of us late in class and ended up getting scolded in front but the more I think about it, the giddier I get. It's like both my mind and tummy are doing countless flips.

I don’t know if it’s because we had a nice conversation a while ago or if it’s because we held hands but one thing I’m sure of, is I’m glad he followed me. It was pretty nice talking to him and I’m looking forward in getting to know him more.

I was happily thinking about random thoughts, well not so random thoughts because most of it involved Siwon, when a paper ball suddenly flew and hit the back of Siwon’s head. Both of us quickly scanned the class to see who the culprit is and ended up landing on Mr. Demon’s face, I mean Kyuhyun’s face.

 I internally groaned when I saw him smirk followed by mouthing something to Siwon. I tried deciphering what he’s saying, I did try but his lips got me so distracted. The way it puckered and flattens ever so gently to make out the words he’s saying. It really got me so worked up that I even felt all my blood rushing to my face. Thinking that I wouldn’t want to be caught gawking at the Demon, especially by him, I swiftly turned my attention to Mr. Park who’s sort of talking in a different language or so I thought.

My mind soon flew away as I thought how the hell did Siwon and Kyuhyun practically became best friends. It baffles me because first of all, they are totally opposite. Siwon is really kind and caring while Kyuhyun is undeniably arrogant, selfish, proud, conceited, jerk, I could still go on on the list but I prefer not to since I don’t know if I’ll ever finish. But I found one thing they have in common, is that they are absolutely hot I mean handsome. No wonder they’re popular.

I was still into analyzing them when a paper ball hit my cheek. I didn’t even have to look who did it because I’m sure as hell that it is no other than the Demon himself, instead I dug up my bag and flick a new paper ball to him and successfully hit his proud nose in the process. I easily ignored the squeaking sound and Mr. Park’s voice in the background when I grab a hold on one of my pens and immediately directed it to Kyuhyun.

“What the?!! Are you a moron?! You’re supposed to throw back a paper ball not a pen!” He half yelled half whispered as he picked up my pen which he luckily dodged or else it’ll hit his proud nose again.

“I don’t care, you started it. I’m just going with the flow” I beamed him an innocent smile in which he returned with his signature smirk.

“I see how it goes”

Out of nowhere a big chunk of paper hit me square on the face. The size of the paper ball is no joke; it’s almost the same size of my face.

“Really??!” I stared at him in disbelief wondering how the hell did he make it in just a very short time.

“Be thankful I did not throw scissors at you” Again, he displayed his stupid smirk.

“You’re really challenging me, are you not?” I flashed a small smile while restraining myself not to pounce and beat the hell out of him.

“Bring it on” He made a come hither motion and that really brought me to the edge. I swiftly dug up my bag in search of papers, crumpled it and threw it all at him.

He seems unfazed by my sudden action and instead did the same thing I was doing. Now we’re both like a madman having a paper ball war in the middle of the class. I even almost forgot that we have a class not until Siwon spoke up.

“Hey Soo, you should really stop that, Mr. Park might catch you” I stopped for a moment and stared at his concerned brown orbs. I was just considering into putting a stop on this silly fight when a ball hit my right eye and just like that, all the thoughts of completely giving up a while ago dissipated in the air.

“Sorry Siwonie, I still have some unfinished business to take care of” I smiled at him and began my assault.

“But don’t worry, I’ll try not to get caught” He just sigh in response and proceeded to talk to Kyuhyun.

“Yah Kyuhyun, you two should stop this now” Siwon told Kyuhyun but he just shrugged it off.

“It’s fine, I can handle this” He waved in the air and continued throwing paper balls at me.

“Fine but don’t tell me I didn’t warn you two” Siwon then proceeded facing front and listened to the professor.

After a couple minutes of throwing here and there, I slowly got tired. I really needed to finish this, FAST. I need to have a special weapon, a special attack to finish him and win this game once and for all. But what?! I don’t even know. I quickly dug up my bag for more papers when I horrifyingly felt nothing.

“Oh . This is bad” I silently cussed and eagerly dug up my bag again, desperate to find some paper I could use.

“What? Out of paper little girl?” Kyuhyun sneered at me holding up a piece of paper ball, ready to be thrown at me.

“Shut up” I grumbled. Looking around the class, I realized that I still do not know most of them. I sighed, now whom can I ask for paper? It would be very awkward if I just asked some of them for scratch papers. With one last person in mind, I tapped Siwon’s shoulder.

“Hey, mind if I ask for scratch papers?” I scratched the back of my head feeling embarrassed of what I’m doing.

“For what? So you can throw it to Kyuhyun?” He didn’t bother to answer me and instead shot me a question.

“I-I never mind. It’s nothing. I’m sorry Siwon” I fiddled my fingers feeling super duper embarrass of what I just did.

“Ugh. Why do you have to be so cute?” He mumbled under his breath and then he suddenly hand me a wad of paper.

“That’s all the scratch papers I can find” He told me and faced the professor again.

“Uhmm.. What did you say a while ago?” I asked him ‘cause I’m really not sure if I heard him right.

“What a while ago?” He asked as soon as he turned around. I was about to answer him when the ‘jerk’ beside me interrupted.

“Ahh.. Hello? We have a fight going on here. Talk later, Fight now” He said in a matter-of-fact tone and proceeded crumpling papers.

“Jeez, shut up okay” I rolled my eyes at him and returned my attention to Siwon.

“As I was saying, I heard you said something before giving me these papers” I showed him the papers and continued.

 “Something like cute or what” Gosh I feel so flustered by saying this.

“A-ah well… I don’t remember saying something like that” Siwon shifted uncomfortably on his seat. I don’t know why but my heart dropped hearing him say that.

“Oh, okay. I just thought I heard something” I beamed him a small smile and turned to face Kyuhyun but somehow, all my energy just vanished. I don’t even want to fight anymore.

“Ah w-wait. I did say something a while ago” I immediately looked at him and giggled when I saw how red he is.

“Then what did you say?” I probed on further liking how flushed his face really looks right now.

“I-I said….. I said….. I s-said” I waited for him to finish as he awkwardly fiddled with his neck tie.

“I said mute or lute! Not cute!” Siwon covered his mouth as soon as the words left his luscious lips. I release a hearty laugh.

“Really? Mute and lute?” I laughed again when he nodded still with his beat red face.

“Seriously?! How long are you two gonna talk? Like century perhaps” Kyuhyun chuckled at his own joke. I glared at him and patted Siwon’s shoulder and gestured him to face the front.

“Thanks for the help Siwonie” He gave me an ‘okay’ sign and listened to Mr. Park. I then slowly faced Kyuhyun and mouthed the words-

“May the odds be ever in your favor”

Soon, the paper ball war commenced again. Both of us are slowly running out of paper balls or is it just me? I don’t know but what I know is that he’s still got some stack of papers inside his bag. Really? Just how many papers is he putting inside his bag? Is he a garbage man?

Not long after, I run out of paper balls and he still got like 7 of them.  I was busy wracking my brain to think of some ways when my hand hit something. My eyes automatically moved to him and saw that he was aiming the ball right at me and if that hits me, then it’s all over. I lose. So with one deep breath, I pulled out my last trump card and threw it at him.

“ttt!!” He hissed as soon as he hit the floor.

“The Sooyoung! How ignorant can you get?! This is a paper ball war so it means you only have to throw a ball made out of paper! This is not some throw-whatever-you-hold game!” Kyuhyun yelled and waved the stapler in the air in one hand while the other held his throbbing head before standing up.

“Ehemm. Mr. Cho and Ms. Choi” Mr. Park suddenly intercede and just like a bolt of lightning, it hit me. WE’RE INSIDE A FRIGGIN CLASS!! WITH A PROFFESSOR AND STUDENTS ALL AROUND!! Both of us slowly turn our heads towards the professor.

“Y-yes Mr. Park?” We both struggled to say the word. He then mumbled something but we did not quiet catch it since he’s mumbling.

“Pardon Mr. Park” I voiced out and hope for the better. His lips slowly jutted upward and a very disturbing smile crept on his face. I shuddered just by looking at it, I took a quick glance at Kyuhyun and saw him staring at him too with distaste plastered all over his face.

“I said…… GET OUT OF MY CLASS AND STAND OUTSIDE!!” We didn’t have to hear it twice or was it thrice and immediately made our way outside.

“I hate to say this but, told you so” Siwon said as we passed by him. Kyuhyun just ignored him but stopped when Mr. Park shouted.

“WAIT!” Kyuhyun and I both turned to look at him and watched as he picked up a paper ball that rolled on his feet. He slowly opened it and began smoothing out the edges. After a couple of seconds, he sighed.

“Mr. Choi” He called. Siwon slowly raised up his hand.

“Yes sir?”

“You may accompany them outside” He gestured Siwon to follow us.

“Excuse me sir? But I d---“ He tried to reason out but Mr. Park cut him off.

“Go out now. Your name is clearly written here” Mr. Park raised the papers in his hand.

“” I cussed feeling guilty that I even put Siwon in this situation and to make the matter worse, Mr. Park heard me.

“Choi Sooyoung! Do a squat outside” I grumbled when I heard him but I made sure to shut my mouth to prevent foul words from escaping.

“Tsk. What a smartass” Kyuhyun chuckled as he followed behind.

“Cho Kyuhyun! Do a squat outside too” Mr. Park said from behind.

“What? Smartass is not a cuss word” He tried defending himself.

“True but I do not like the ‘A’ word” Mr. Park pointed out.

“What? The word?” Kyuhyun repeated with a smug smile.

“Yes. That word. And now, if you may, see those books at the corner” He pointed at the right corner of the class in which Kyuhyun followed and nodded.

“I want you to take them and balance 2 books on each of your hand while you’re in a squat position” He smiled at him.

“But—“

“No buts Mr. Choi. You may proceed now” He shooed him away and faced Siwon.

“As for you Mr. Choi, I want you to keep an eye on them, especially on Mr. Cho. Understand?” Siwon nodded and made his way out.


FINALLY~~~