Coffee

Little Story of Mine

*shook* shook* I felt someone shaking me.

“Hmmnnnnnn” I groaned, ignoring the shaking force on my body and lay flat on my back since I was sleeping with my side a while ago.

A couple of seconds had passed and I thought I can go back to my dream land again when suddenly, I felt someone dropped her whole body weight directly on my stomach.

“Aaahhhhh!!” I screamed, feeling the heavy weight pressed against my stomach making it difficult for me to breathe.

“Yah! Soojin, get off of me” I shouted and pushed her hard making her land on her with a loud thud.

“Ouchh! Why did you push me Sooyoungie?” She whined, rubbing her to ease the pain.

I sighed before facing her “Well, first of all Soojin, you're the one who ‘SAT’ on a sleeping ‘ANGEL'S’ stomach” I explained, emphasizing the words angel and sat.

“And second, you just practically ruined my wonderful dream! I was just about to eat all those cakes and chocolates in front me not until you dropped your body on me” I stated, rolling my eyes at her.

“Yah! I don't care about your dream” She retorted back.

“And please, stop using the word angel to describe yourself” She complained. She then stood up from the floor and sat on my bed.

‘Yesss~ good thing she thought of sitting on my bed instead on my stomach this time’ I sighed in relief.

After sitting on my bed comfortably, Soojin suddenly grabbed my right hand and held it tightly “Soo~ call me unnie~” She said in aegyo.

“What the f-----!!” I yelled, releasing my hand from her grip.

 “Please don't ever EVER do that in front of me again” I pleaded, covering my mouth while faking to throw up.

“Bwutt I'm owlderrr thwann chuu” She said in aegyo and pouted her lips together with her puppy eyes. 

“Aigoo............” I shook my head while chuckling at my sister's childishness "Okay okay. Just stop doing that and tell me the reason why you woke me up" I told her, getting up from my bed before sitting up straight while facing her with my arms crossed over my chest.

“Umm......... well...........” She nervously stated while fiddling her fingers with her head down.

“Well...........................?” I tried to continue her sentence while raising my left eyebrow in the process.

“I-I-Iwantyoutoplaywithme” She mumbled so fast that I didn't even get the chance to understand what she had said.

“What? What did you just say?” I asked, leaning closer to her.

“Umm..........n-nothing” She answered while stuttering and still looking down.

I got curious. ‘Why is Soojin stuttering? Is she sick or something? And why the heck won't she tell me the reason why she woke me up?!’  I wondered to myself.

“Yah! Soojin-ah, tell me” I demanded, moving my hand under her chin and lifting it up so I can get a better view of her face since she was looking down.

After lifting her chin up, our gazes met and locked. We shared a moment of staring at each other's eyes. After a few seconds of staring, I find it very awkward and since Soojin isn't doing anything, I then decided to break our little staring contest.

“Ummmm............... this is awkward, don't you think?” I asked her, smiling sheepishly.

“E-eh?” She asked clueless.

“Ah! Neh! hahaha! I thought you've fallen in love with me Sooyoungie~” She smirked.

Hearing her statement just now made my jaw dropped “WHAT?!” I yelled not believing what she had just said.

I then looked at her and asked with a straight face “Why on earth will I fall in love with you?”

She shrugged her shoulder “I-I don't know” And turned to look away.

‘Wait, is Soojin blushing?’ I asked myself ‘I can see her cheeks tainted in pinkish shade’.

“Yah! Soojin, are you blushing?” I asked her and slapped her arm playfully, moving my eyebrows up and down teasingly.

Her eyes widen “W-what?!” She screamed and then moved closer to me.

 “WHY *poke* THE *poke* HELL *poke* WOULD *poke**poke* BLUSH *poke* SOOYOUNG?” She asked while poking my forehead in each and every word she stated.

“Jinja?” I asked in disbelief.

 ‘But I swear I saw her blush a while ago. Aishh, oh well, it's not important anyway. What's important now is to know the reason why she woke me up’.

"Arasseo arasseo. Let's just forget that and tell me the reason why you woke me up in the first place” I told her while shrugging my previous thoughts aside.

“But I told you already~” She whined like a little baby would do.

“But you talked to fast! I didn't even understand any word you said” I reminded her.

She took a breath before speaking “I want you to play with me!”

I sighed in defeat, knowing that she’ll just keep on disturbing me if I don’t play with her. “Okay then, let's play!” I stated with force enthusiasm since I was still feeling a little bit sleepy.

She grabbed something inside her pocket and showed it to me happily “Yey!! Let's play cards little Soo!” She told me while smiling like some crazy person.

“And oh! We're gonna play slapjack” Soojin stated as she started distributing the cards.

I nodded my head in agreement while looking at her who's so busy distributing the cards, when all of a sudden; a thought came up to my mind.

“Big Soo” I snapped my fingers so I can get her attention, she looked at me “What time is it?”

“Umm......... wait a sec” She took out her phone from her other pocket and looked at the time “It's 4:17 a.m” She grinned at me while waving her phone in front of my face.

“What?! You woke me up 4 a.m in the morning just to play cards? Don't you know I have morning classes today?” I asked her sarcastically while ruffling my hair.

“Come on~ please little Soo~ just one game. Okay?” Soojin tried to convince me with her lame aegyo.

I face palmed myself then nodded. I know that if I refuse her, she would just bug me non-stop until I agree to her.

“Just one game right?” I asked her just to confirm if it's true. She nodded her head in response as she began to arrange her cards on my bed. I also did the same and arranged my cards.

~ Several moments later ~

The game that was supposed to be only one round end up at round 6, 7, 8, 11, 15................. Aishh!! I lost count on how many rounds we played but one thing for sure is that………..

 “I’M GOING TO BE LATE” I screamed at the top of my lungs as I took a glance at the time on Soojin's phone. It read 7:27 a.m. I quickly sprang up from my bed, grabbed my towel and uniform inside the closet and dashed inside the bathroom, leaving my sister dumbfounded.

It took me only 10 minutes to finish showering. I immediately wore my uniform and fixed myself in front of the mirror. Just as I was busy fixing myself, I heard Soojin knocked, informing me that she'll be the one to cook our breakfast since our old man is already at work. I just shouted "Sure" as a response to her. She then went outside and head to the kitchen.

After fixing myself, I went out of the bathroom and grabbed my bag before dashing downstairs to eat breakfast. It took me only 5 minutes to finish the food together with Soojin. 

‘Seriously, Soojin can really be a shikshin sometimes’ I thought while observing Soojin shoving the food into with blinding speed. 

We then went outside and entered her car. I took a quick look at my watch and it was already 7:45 a.m. Soojin then drove off like a mad woman even though I already told her that it's fine since I know that our teacher in Home Economics is always late.

After 10 minutes of hanging for my dear life, we finally arrived at my university. Soojin quickly shoved me out of her car.

 “Yah, little Soo! Palli~ you’re gonna be late” She instructed me as she bid farewell and drove off to her working place.

I went inside the university and searched for the H.E room. As I was walking around, several students approached and greeted me. Of course, being a friendly person, I greeted them all back with a warm smile.

 I swear I could hear some of them giggling and fangirling saying ‘Kyaa! She greeted me back’ or ‘Waah!!!! Her killer smile’ And many more but I just ignored it since I was still feeling a little bit sleepy probably due to the game I had with Soojin earlier this morning.

After walking for a while, I reached my destination, the H.E room. I quickly made my way inside and searched for a seat. I then spotted an empty seat at the back beside the window. I immediately dashed towards that seat and slumped my body on it with my head resting on the desk.

“Mmmnnnnnnnn.............” I mumbled feeling the sleepiness attack me.

After a couple of minutes, I dozed off and fell asleep but then someone tapped my shoulder, I looked up to see who it was and saw my bestfriend smiling at me. I quickly sat up straight on my seat and cleared my throat.

“Oh, Miyoungie” I said groggily while rubbing my eyes. She just giggled and took the seat beside me

“Hey” She softly said and nudged my side. I turned to look at her.

 “Yeshh?” I answered, tilting my head sideward. She giggled again, showing me her infamous eye smile but when she saw me not responding, she suddenly got worried

“What's wrong Sooyoungie? Are you sick?” She asked in a very concerned tone while moving her seat closer to mine.

I was touched with her concern for me. Just a while ago she was all bubbly and giggling, even showing her beautiful eye smile to me, but now, seeing me looking rather weak turned those crescent moon shaped eyes into a very soft and caring one.

“I'm okay. Don't worry. I'm just................ sleepy, that's all” I told her reassuringly while yawning.

“Ohh....... do you want me to buy you a cup of coffee?” She suggested, brushing my bangs away from my eyes.

“No Miyoungie~” I pouted. “You know I don't like coffee” I reminded her and laid my head back on the desk.

“But Soo~ I insist, you're sleepy. Who knows if you slammed your head too hard on the desk and cracked your skull? You know I don't have knowledge on how to treat a broken skull right? It's not even taught in school”.  Miyoung insisted while explaining random things.

I laughed at her remark “Okay okay. For you, I'll drink coffee Miyoung” I told her, giving her a warm smile.

“Yey!!” She cheered. She then stood up and pecked my left cheek before skipping happily outside the room to buy me a cup of coffee.

I smiled thankfully, thinking that I'm the luckiest person in the world to have a very loving, caring and not to mention, a cute bestfriend.

After sometime have passed, the door suddenly opened and then the students abruptly rushed and gathered around. They were talking so loud that my head is starting to hurt. I just shut my eyes closed and covered my ears to calm myself down and wait for Tiffany.

Several minutes later, someone tapped my head softly. I looked up only to see an eye smiling girl, handing me a cup of coffee. I gladly took it and thanked her.

 “Gomawo Miyoung-ah” I touched her hand gently and beamed a smile.

“You’re welcome. Now go and drink it Sooyoung” She ushered me to drink the coffee while showing her eye smile.

I took a deep breath “For you Miyoung” I lift the coffee up and pretended to toast. I then brought it to my lips, but before I could take a sip, the crowd's noise caught my attention. I looked at Tiffany.

“Miyoung, why are they so noisy? And why are they gathering over there?” I asked, pointing my finger to the direction of the crowded students.

She stopped for a moment to think “Umm....... I heard that Choi Siwon and Cho Kyuhyun are in this class so I guess they all got excited to meet them” She explained while playing with my hair.

“Okay, now that I explained it to you, go and drink your coffee Soo” She then demanded. I nodded and decided to drink the coffee, but then my drinking got interrupted again by a loud shout.

“Yah! I want to rest so all of you just sit down and shut your mouth” A guy suddenly shouted, making the whole class silent. He then started walking towards my direction, probably taking the empty seat in front of me. After walking much closer, I got a better view of him. 

‘Oh....... so he's Cho Kyuhyun. The only son of the Cho Enterprise owner’ I thought and began to study his features much more.

 ‘I do admit it, he's handsome and charming............. wait what?! What am I thinking?!’ I shook my head to gain back my consciousness. ‘Maybe this was just the effect of lack of sleep. Yup!  Just the effect of lack of sleep’ I tried to convince myself.

I then took a small sip on my coffee “Acckkk!!" I stuck my tongue out as I tasted the coffee flow inside my mouth. Feeling that I can't really take another sip of the coffee, I decided to just go to the bathroom, wash my mouth and pour the coffee onto the sink.

I quickly rose from my seat and headed to the door but when I stood up, I accidentally bumped into someone which caused me to spill the cup’s content all over his uniform. Everyone in the room gasped at the sudden incident.

“I....I......I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to” I stuttered while apologizing. I swiftly took out my handkerchief and wiped his stained uniform without looking up to see who I bumped into. I was just focusing on cleaning his uniform.

I was busy wiping his chest, when he suddenly grabbed my hand, making me stop from my previous action. I quickly looked up to see who it was..... And there he was, Cho Kyuhyun

‘Damn! He's more handsome up close. And his eyes, the way it looks at me, and his l-li------- wait what? Not the handsome thing again and his l-li-------- aishh!!!!! What am I thinking?’ I mentally scolded myself from my sudden thought.

“You” He suddenly stated with his deep voice while staring straight right at me, making me snap out of my trance. I gulped, stepping backwards slightly and blinking a few times.

He then stepped forward, grabbing both of my hands. Just feeling his skin touched mine was enough to make my whole body stiffen.

“I said you” He then repeated with his deep voice. I don't know if I'm hearing correct or not but I think his voice is so gentle and calm, making me relaxed and comfortable at the same time.

“Y-yes?” I asked as I raised my head to face him.

“I want you to do something” He told me together with his intent stare.

“O-oh.......W-what is i-it?” I tried to speak normal but I just ended up stuttering. I quickly diverted my gaze on him and looked down.

He then continued “Since you spilled coffee on my uniform, I want you to do me a favor” He stated, still holding my hands and staying in the same position.

“E-eh? W-what kind........ of f-favor?” I asked, still stuttering.

‘Great! Why do I always end up stuttering?!’ I muttered to myself. I then tried to break free from his grasp but I felt him tightening his grip around my hands but still with care or so I thought. 

He then leaned closer to me, blowing his hot breath on my left ear. Just feeling his breath brushed against my skin, made all my blood rush to my face, making me blush furiously.

“N-ne?” I asked again, trying to hide my flushed face from him.I was waiting for him to answer but he didn't say anything nor did he move.

‘Eh, why isn't he answering my question? Is he dumb or what? But I guess it doesn't matter, he's still handsome. kekeke. Wait what the f-----?!! Not again!! Why am I even thinking about this??! Arghh!!" I cursed inside my head.

After snapping out of my trance, I also decided that it's also time to snap him out of his own world.

“Umm......... W-what now?” I asked him, breaking the silence and making him regain his consciousness

‘Just great, still stuttering up until now’ I mocked myself.

After that awkward silence and spacing out, he suddenly leaned closer to me again, only to whisper these words……

 “I want. you. to--------------------”