Race 06. Lesson Number One

Drifting Hearts

L.Joe went and found his brothers gathered around Aria's car in awe. He approached Ricky and tapped his shoulder.

"Hyung! Have you seen this? It has a Nos engine and it goes from 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds." Ricky exclaimed all hyper and jumpy. He practically tackled L.Joe to make him get closer to the car. 

"I've seen the car." L.Joe said dryly. "There's more important news for you guys." He said.

"Like what? We don't have to pay up?" CAP said hopefully.

L.Joe smirked at Chunji who met his gaze, they always seemed to know what the other was thinking. "Nope, even better." He said before getting quiet. He paused specifically for effect.

"Well, what is it then? Spit it out." CAP urged. He was all nervous from losing the race in the first place. He was going over all the mistakes he had made in his head and what he could have done better at the time.

"Someone is going to give us lessons." L.Joe said proudly and grandly.

"Great. Who? No one is worth getting lessons from except the driver of this car." Chunji said.

L.Joe grinned now, "Really, brothers. You doubt me," He shook his head. "We just have to meet our teacher tomorrow morning at Snake Garage on Downey Spike Place at 9:00AM sharp." He said.

"I'm assuming we will bring the car?" CAP asked, rolling his eyes. He was still a bit offended that he had lost so easily. A straightaway was the easiest race to win, it had no turns, nothing. The only thing that one needed to worry about was when to release the Nos. And he had failed.

"Yeah, the black Spyder. That's what we will bring to the garage. Then, we will find out what our teacher thinks." L.Joe said.

---

Out of all the boys L.Joe had woken up first and he started to make some breakfast, he made some eggs and bacon as well as rice. He had to make sure everyone was well-fed, they would feel awkward after they found out who their teacher was after all.

He had managed to keep it a secret from them, thus far, but today they would find out the truth. And perhaps yell at him as well.

"You worried we won't like our teacher?" CAP teased as he noticed that L.Joe had made them all breakfast. 

"No, I'm worried you'll lose confidence when you meet our teacher." He said carefully as to not reveal her gender.

They finished quickly and got dressed. "I'm driving." L.Joe said taking the keys before CAP could even say a word. He had his jacket on as well as his shades.

"Very well. Don't crash the car." CAP warned him begrudgingly.

"You know I won't." L.Joe remarked. They all climbed in and headed out.

~

"You're actually teaching the newbies?" Mia asked in shock, her voice raising a whole octave.

"Shhh… No, I'm just giving them a chance to see what they can do. They aren't racing to race, they obviously have something they need to gain." Aria reasoned. She had no idea what she was doing, she clearly had lost her mind if she wanted to teach someone. Once word got out, the fans would turn on her as well as beg for her to teach them as well.

"She is." Hyeongkon smirked at her. "Well, aren't you being charitable? From what I heard, these guys ." He said.

"That's why they need lessons, Hyeongkon." Aria rolled her eyes at him. "I can hear an engine coming, hush now."

The black car pulled up to the garage and the three of their jaws dropped. Aria shushed both of them before she approached the car. The six boys stumbled out of the car that could barely fit three people. "You were elbowing my face!"

"Yeah well your knee was by my crotch." The other retorted.

The orange-haired guy from yesterday stepped coolly out of the driver's seat. "Guys, shut up." He said, displeasure showing on his lips. "Hello, teacher." He greeted her with a slight bow.

"These are your brothers, I presume?" She asked him back. 

"Yup. And it just turned 9:00AM." He said, looking at the clock on the wall. 

"At least you all know how to be on time." Aria commented. The five boys who were fussing earlier just stood speechless as L.Joe spoke casually with the reigning champion of the midnight race.

"Do they need introductions?" L.Joe asked her. He wasn't sure if he should introduce her to his brothers or vice versa. All he knew was that she didn't really care about them as much.

"They can introduce themselves. This is your car?" She asked him. 

"Yeah, is that bad?" L.Joe asked back. "We just found it in our hyung's garage so we used it."

Aria shook her head, "Not at all. Nice car, you just need to add some things. Hyeongkon oppa and Mia, come check it out?" She called over to them and they approached the car.

L.Joe didn't miss the nudge that Mia gave her that Aria dismissed. He wondered what that was about exactly, but perhaps it was a girl thing.

"There isn't much needed on this car. I need to refill the Nos and change the rims other than that, it's in good shape." Hyeongkon told her.

"Do it. I have another lesson to teach anyway." Aria said as she walked away. She gestured with one finger for the boys to follow her and only L.Joe did so. The others stumbled about as they tried to keep up.

When they were alone, Mia nudged Hyeongkon, "Oppa." She said.

"I know, baby. But let's not assume anything or say anything. From their faces, not even they seem to know." Hyeongkon replied as he went to get his gear for the car.


Author's Note;
another update ^^
I will try to get this done asap for you guys
Sorry you guys have had to wait so long since i've posted this up.
this year has been a wild ride and i hope you guys stick around for the rest.