Race 15. Renewed

Drifting Hearts

"Why does he get to race?" CAP complained as the others sat around waiting for L.Joe to finish training. Hours had gone by at this point, and it was already almost 10PM. They would have to head to the track soon, their race started at midnight on the dot, since they were newbies.

“Because he was the best.” Aria answered as she walked back into the building with L.Joe beside her, “You guys ready to go to the track or what?” She asked them.

“Yeah, been waiting here for about 2 hours now.” CAP muttered under his breath but Aria heard it.

She rolled her eyes before turning to Mia, “Unni, can I take a shower first please?” She asked her.

“Yup, your clothes on the right side of the closet as usual.” Mia told her and Aria walked away to go take a shower.

CAP groaned, “Now we’re gonna have to wait even longer.” His disappointment in losing was making everyone irritated.

“Aria doesn’t take that long to shower. You just assume every girl does ‘cause you met one that did.” Hyeongkon said, “Now, stop complaining. If you were meant to be the driver, then you would have won your first race.”

CAP immediately shut up after that and his brothers got excited for the race, they might actually win now since L.Joe was trained by the top racer and they would get money to pay for their older brother’s hospital bills. L.Joe took a seat next to his brothers as they waited for Aria to come back, she didn’t really take that long, maybe 15 minutes max.

She came downstairs with a red tank top under her leather jacket and black skinny jeans, tonight she wore high top red Converses to match her outfit, her hair was slightly damp but L.Joe still admired her. Not everyone knew the nicer side of her, he wanted to be one of the special ones that did.

“You guys good?” She asked them and immediately L.Joe jumped to his feet.

“Let’s go.” He said and Aria smiled at him.

“Don’t get too excited there, carrot top.” She told him as she led the way back to the cars. Everyone else climbed in and L.Joe opened the door to the driver’s seat.

“Carrot top.” She called out to him.

“Yes?” He answered, looking at her as she stood with her door open as well.

“From now on, we don’t know each other. I don’t want anything to happen to you.. guys.” She told him, a sad smile crossed her face before she became her usual serious self again.

“Understood. Have fun tonight.” He told her and she climbed into her car with a smirk.

He did the same and started the car. “Hyung, what was that about?” Ricky asked him. 

He smiled to himself, “Nothing, Ricky. Just relax, tonight I got this.” He said as they drove off the meeting place for the night. When they got there, he saw Joo’s car before he saw the girl. Her pink Nissan with a license plate that had her name on it, it was slightly blurry at first and he realized it was one of those trick covers. The kind that make it hard to read on security cameras and at certain angles, she was smart but conspicuous at the same time.

“Good luck, hyung.” Ricky told him as everyone climbed out of their cars. L.Joe nodded before pulling up to the starting line. Micky walked over to his window and knocked, L.Joe rolled the window down.

“You don’t have to pay your share, it’s been paid for. Just race.” He said.

“Okay, thank you.” L.Joe said and he rolled the window back up. Aria must have paid for it since they had already lost money, they would be in debt to her if he lost this race. He looked in the crowd as he waited for Joo to pull up. He saw Aria’s head of hair and how she was trying to keep her cool, but he knew she was just as invested in this as he was. If word got out, she taught him and he lost, she would never live it down.

The pink car pulled up next to him and Joo gave him a cute smile. He knew that was probably a facade that would get guys to let her win, hence the pink car and the cute look. But he wasn’t about to fall for it, he already had his eye on someone much better.

They got signaled to go and he pressed on the gas, so his car would get to 60mph faster. Joo was a second behind him and she took longer to get up to speed. Half of his car was already ahead of her and he smirked to himself.

Aria had been right if he had only researched his opponents then they wouldn’t have had to worry about Minwoo before. Three quarters of the way there, he pressed the NOS and eased his foot off the gas slightly, zooming away towards the finish line. 

It died right before he crossed it but with the lead he gained, he pressed the gas pedal harder and he crossed the finish line a car length ahead of her and his brothers ran towards him when he won. He climbed out and had a big smile on his face, he found the face he was looking for and she gave him a big smile before hiding in the crowd.

“You did it, hyung!” Changjo said excitedly as they got the payout from Jin, Micky only told people to get ready, Jin handled the money with his girlfriend.

It was $5k because they got back the $2500 that Aria had paid. He looked at Joo and she had slight disappointment on her face but he knew there would be another guy would fall for her cuteness. She had other chances.

“Let’s go to the hospital.” Chunji said as he took the money and put it in his jacket pocket. L.Joe looked around and saw Aria climbing into her car. 

“You guys go ahead, I’m gonna stay here.” He told them.

“But you won’t have a car to get home.” CAP said, taking the keys from L.Joe. He wanted a turn to drive and to get better.

“I know, don’t worry about me, I’ll manage. You guys go ahead.” L.Joe said, his gaze wandering as he tried to find the entrance to the second floor so he could watch the race without obstruction.

“Come on, hyung. Let’s go.” Niel said, taking them away as they tried to get L.Joe back when he had already disappeared.


Author's Note;;
Sorry guys, got distracted with dance covers again. lol.
dance practice is starting up again and I have to be prepared <3
Please subscribe to my group's channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixShaka7