Race 26. Scales of Justice

Drifting Hearts

They didn’t get to stay too long at Aria’s place, she just wanted to grab some food and they watched tv for a bit. But she wanted to get to the track as soon as possible, so they left at 10PM, which was early for them because Aria didn’t need to be there until past midnight. 

The novice racers would go before she did anyway. But she needed to make her appearance before the crowd. They needed to know she was ready and waiting for this new challenge. Everyone on the track knew Tony liked to cheat, he was infamous for it.

But for him to come by and play by her rules? That was something new, everyone regardless of whether the outcome of the previous races would stay just for that. She drove the both of them to the track and there was already a crowd gathering. They were waiting for her to race Tony, no one cared about the racers before this.

L.Joe didn’t even have a race before this either, they were too busy dealing with Tony today, he had forgotten to sign up for one. He didn’t need the money anyway, he just need a few thousand more to pay off the hospital bills. He looked at the crowd and their expectant faces and turned back to Aria, “Are you sure about this?” He asked her.

“Yes, positive. I need to get back at Tony for everything he’s done to Andy oppa.” She said firmly. She stood in the crowd as she waited for the time to come for the race. She felt it go by slow as she was anticipating the race. The other races took longer than usual, or so she thought. They were all just waiting around until it was her turn.

Finally, she got into her car and pulled up to the straightaway. That was the track she was supposed to be on all those months ago. And here she was, this time, it was really her and not a replacement. And Tony pulled up beside her with a smirk on his face.

His black Aston Martin Vanquish next to her and he had customized it with an extra big spoiler in the back. She couldn’t help but laugh, Andy had always told her that when a racer had a big spoiler it was because they were overcompensating for something. Because the bigger the spoiler was, the more wind resistance it brought on. Especially if the spoiler had a hole in it and didn’t just stick out the side of the car.

She remembered exactly how fast his car went, he got the 60mph faster than she did, but she knew that his spoiler made up the difference because of the headwind. It was like every “extra” strand of body hair on a swimmer, it slowed them down.

“Ready to lose, princess?” Tony asked her cockily.

Aria scoffed and just climbed into her car, she wasn’t going to let him get to her. He always tried to pull tricks like that to catch people off guard.

“Nice additions.” He taunted, pointing at the bumpers. She refused to make eye contact with him and Micky came between them.

“She needs them for dirty racer like you.” He said sternly, effectively ending the conversation Tony was trying to make. “Okay, Yoonji please signal these racers. There is no money in this, just pride.” He said, walking away.

Yoonji walked between them and held her hands up. She met eyes with Aria and nodded, everyone wanted Aria to win if it meant getting rid of this dirtbag once and for all.

She dropped her hands down and they took off, as expected they were neck in neck from the beginning because of the speed that Tony’s car could reach. But with the modifications she had made, her car inched slightly forward and stayed there.

She never looked to her side, not once. He would be a distraction and she focused simply on the road. She inched forward more and she could see that his car was no longer in her peripheral, his bumper was behind hers by quite a bit. They reached the 3/4 mark and she popped off the cap on her Nos tank. She pressed the button once and she moved up quickly but Tony pressed it at the same time and he gained those inches back. 

He was so close to her, she gritted her teeth and pressed the Nos button one more time to use up the second tank and that did it, she passed the finish line, half of her car ahead of his. She let out a sigh of relief, he didn’t even seem to try to pull anything. Unless he was confident he would win. 

She pulled her car to a stop and the entire crowd collapsed upon her, screaming, cheering, the cacophony of noise was unbelievable. Tony also got out from his car in a huff as he stormed towards her, “You’re a cheater!” He accused.

“How am I a cheater?” Aria said innocently. L.Joe came directly beside her after pushing through the crowd, he stood in front of her protectively. The two buff bodyguards also pushed their way through the crowd to make sure nothing happened.

“You had two Nos tanks! You’re only allowed one!” He said, pointing at her car. “That’s the rules!”

Taec and Chan intervened, “You haven’t read the rules, Tony. A racer can have up to two Nos tanks in their car, they can use both in one race, but that means in their next race, they can’t use Nos at all. That’s our rules.” They explained to him.

“This is ridiculous! You guys can’t just change the rules for her! I demand a rematch!” He shouted as they dragged him away.

Micky walked up to them and smiled, “He signed a contract that he would leave you alone if he lost, I can have him sued if he comes back.” 

“That’s awesome.” Aria said with a wide smile. “Let’s go celebrate!” She shouted happily.

They all started walking, when L.Joe reached for his phone, “Hello?” He answered, he grabbed Aria’s wrist quickly and froze.

“What is it, L.Joe?” She asked him, looking around cautiously.

He hung up the phone, “My hyung is awake."


Author's Note;;
Half procrastinating right now? :o lol. XD
Im supposed to start working on a final paper for my summer school class.. XD
Anyway~ enjoy :) almost done. :o