Secret Love

Serendipity

"Without anyone knowing, I love you. Without anyone knowing, I think of you" ~Secret Love

"Jun Hyosung!"  A loud voice woke me up from my nap.  "Mhm."  I mumbled drowsily.  "I have been trying to wake you up for the past 30 minutes."  My homeroom teacher glared at me threateningly.

I mumbled my apologies still lethargic from my nap.  "Now that you are awake."  He continued. "Your deskmate is absent."  I glanced at the empty desk.  Huh.  I never noticed.  Maybe he's late. 

"His friends called in advance and here is his required homework he's supposed to do."  He gestured to a generous pile of papers.  I groaned and put them in my schoolbag.

After homeroom Zelo still didn't appear. Well that's weird.  Zelo was absent for another few days. Great.  More piles of paper.  He didn't even text me once.  And I kind of miss him.  Is it weird?  I mean to miss someone texting you who's not your boyfriend but is a guy?   

Hyosung sat in her seat staring at her phone. 

Where is he?

"Unnie are you okay?" 

I looked up from my phone.  Ji-eun raised her eyebrows at me.  The rest of Secret was looking at me with concern.

"Huh?  Oh yeah. I'm fine."  I said disguising the suprise from my voice by coughing.

"Sure," she said disbelievingly.  I fought the instinct to glare at her. 

"You seem tense."  Sooyeon pointed out cleverly.  "I agree, you need to loosen up and have some fun." Zinger winked. 

"I'll pass." I said dryly.  "I have better things to do."  "Like what?"  Sunhwa asked curiously.  "Like work." I snapped without knowing it.  Sunhwa didn't even blink.  "Unnie come on!"  She pleaded.  "You're ALWAYS working.  Besides we have to go visit Zelo." 

Wait.

What?!

"Visit?" Sooyeon and I asked in unison. 

Ji-eun glared at us, "Yes.  Visiting.  Going to other people's house?  It requires human contact."  Her sarcastic remark earned her a glare from me and silence from Sooyeon who had continued reading her giant textbook.

"Why?" I asked, still confused.  "He's sick."  Ji-eun said, shaking her head.  "Poor kid, he caught a cold when he was out skateboarding in the rain.  Which lead to a high fever." 

Skating in the rain?

Not again.   

I massaged my temples. 

For a kid as smart as Zelo, he's pretty stupid.  He should know better than to skateboard in the rain. I gave him my UMBRELLA for goodness sake.  When he gets better I'm going to spray paint his skateboard pink.

Even though I'm kind of pissed at him, I can't help but worry about him. 

Yes.  Jun Hyosung is worried about another person. 

Worrying about others isn't really a big thing but I'm not really an average girl.

In fact, I'm kind of unapproachable.

Maybe it's the fact that I have completely lost faith in humanity. 

My obvious lack of empathy.

My incapability to really 'have fun' or 'loosen up' with my friends.

My non-existent social life.

Or the fact that I've never fallen in love.

But Zelo's the closest thing I've ever had to a family and my best friend so he's different.

"Fine."  I snapped at Sunhwa, "You win.  We'll go visit Zelo."  "YES!" Sunhwa screamed pumping her fist in the air.  "YAY!"  She hugged an extremely shocked Ji-eun and Zinger who beamed. 

"But."  I panaused.  "I need to make a detour."  Sunhwa nodded cheerfully still smiling.  "Sure! Just tell my driver where to go."  I leaned forward and whispered in the driver's ear.  He nodded. 

(20 minutes later)

"Unnie what are you making?" Sunhwa asked for the 7th time in a row.  The vein in my forehead throbbed.  I fought the instinct to plaster duct tape on . 

"I'm making something."  I said through gritted teeth.  "Oh."  She said clearly unsatisfied by my answer plopping down on a chair.  "Unnie what are you-"  Ji-eun covered muffling her words.  "Sunhwa why don't you go sit next to Zinger and go watch music videos with her."  Sunhwa's eyes lit up as she ran towards Zinger. 

"Thanks."  I mumbled.  "No problem."  She smiled, "So what ARE you making."  I sized her up.  "Do you even know how to cook?"  Ji-eun nodded, "I like to bake in my spare time."  She said shyly.  "I believe you."  I said, dragging her into the kitchen.  "Just don't burn my house down."

Ji-eun was actually pretty good at baking.  She had a steady hand and a good memory and by the time we worked out how many cupcakes we should make she had already memorized it. 

I cleared my throat and picked up the recipe.  "Okay we need butter, eggs, flour, chocolate, vegetable oil-"  "Cocoa powder, vanilla extract, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and water." Ji-eun finished.  I groaned.  "That is so unfair."  I mumbled under my breath. She winked at me annoyingly.

I carefully measured out the ingredients and started mixing the batter.  "So, what made you change your mind?"  Ji-eun asked carefully, as she started making the icing.

I stiffened.  Why did she want to know anyways.  I mean can't I just bake cupcakes for fun?  Oh wait.  I don't usually do things for fun.

"I just wanted to bake cupcakes and not feel fat."  I said mixing the batter carelessly spilling some on the countertop.  Ji-eun rolled her eyes, "Or because you're worried about Zelo and need an excuse to visit him."

I said nothing but forcefully stirred the cupcake batter.  "Hyosung unnie!  Ji-eun unnie!  Are you done yettttt?" Sunhwa stuck her head into the kitchen. Ji-eun shook her head.  "I'm bored."  She pouted.  "Zinger's listening to her weird hip hop music and Sooyeon is still studying."  She looked accusingly at us.  "And you guys are baking." 

"Why don't you talk to him?" Ji-eun asked winking at Sunhwa who blushed furiously.  "No!" She said sounding shocked.  "He's probably really busy with stuff.  He wouldn't want to talk to me."  

"Well he gave you his phone number for a reason."  Ji-eun said thoughtfully,  "Of course he'd want you to call him.  Or him to call you."  Sunhwa flushed a darker shade of pink.  "So he DID try to contact you!"  She said triumphantly. 

Sunhwa, still blushing hid her face with her hands.  "I was so scared I just made an excuse and hung up as soon as he said hi!"  "Guys?"  I waved my hands.  "What's going on?"

Ji-eun and Sunhwa exchanged excited looks.  "OMG I love that song!" They squealed at the exact time.  "Everyday, yeah yeah yeah yeah."  Ji-eun sang pouring the batter into cupcake cups.  "Ya neo ttokbaro malhae eodiya!" Sunhwa joined in as I watched in confusion. 

"Eodinde, jigeum eodinde.  Jakka watda gatda mworaneun geoya.  Isanghae jeongmal isanghae.  Oneulttara neoui moksoriga tteollineun geo moreuni!" Jieun continued singing the first verse as she put the cupcakes into the oven humming along as Sunhwa continued. 

"Imman yeolmyeon neoneun maeil geojitmal.  Nunman tteumyeon neoneun maeil geojitmal.  Teumman namyeon neoneun maeil geojitmal."  Zinger joined in enthusiastically blasting the song from the speakers at full volume. 

"Ije naneun arasseo. Geureol jul arasseo."  Sunhwa pretended to be disappointed as she sang.  "Ige museun iriya ireoke joheun nare!  Ige museun iriya ireoke joheun nare!  You! Baby I want you beautiful love."  Ji-eun and Sunhwa sang the chorus together.  

"Ya neo soljikhi malhae nuguya?  Nugunde geuri jayeonseureowo paljjang!  Amuri jalhae jwo bwatja maljjang! kkwangiya  Ige da nuguui tasiya  Da peojun ge joe? Igeon aniya!  Ireoke doel georago saenggageun haetjiman,  doel georagon mollanne kkumedo.  Babina meogeoyaji geunde mwo meokji!"  Zinger rapped completely in sync with the rapper from the song. 

"Mameun apeunde, biman naerine. Naneun ireonde neon utgo itgetji oh no!"  Ji-eun sang her voice full of emotion and power.  "Imman yeolmyeon neoneun maeil geojitmal.  Nunman ttumyeon neoneun maeil geojitmal.Teumman namyeon neoneun maeil geojitmal." Zinger and Sunhwa sang together grinning cheerfully. 

"Ije naneun arasseo.  Geureol jul arasseo!"  They all sang together.  "Ige museun iriya ireoke joheun nare!  Ige museun iriya ireoke joheun nare!  You! Baby I want you beautiful love." 

"Gagi jeone doraseogi jeone naegero dorawayo baby girl."  Sunhwa sang as Zinger began rapping.  "Alright." "Neul barkji anhado joha!" "Alright."  "Nal chatji anhado joha" "Alright." "Neol chyeodaman bwado joha nan!"  "Falling in love.  Falling in love. You."  Ji-eun sang. 

"Ige museun iriya ireoke joheun nare!  Ige museun iriya ireoke joheun nare!  You! Baby I want you beautiful love.  Ige museun iriya ireoke joheun nare!  Ige museun iriya ireoke joheun nare!  You! Baby I want you beautiful love." 

I glared at them as I began making the frosting.  Hmmm what food coloring should I use.  Red? Green? Yellow? Pink? Blue!  The food coloring wasn't sky blue more of a bright cyan color which looked strangely like his hair.

I frosted 3 of the cupcakes blue.  2 red, 2 green, 2 pink, 2 yellow,  and 4 white.  I packed the cupcakes in a plastic container. 

"Every time i think about you, every day neol saenggakhae.  Every time i think about you nan oneuldo.  Every time i think about you, every day neol saenggakhae.  Every time i think about you nan oneuldo." They all sang together in the kitchen jumping up and d0wn.

"Ya neo nahante jalhae algetji?" Sunhwa asked pretending to be cross then started to laugh cheerfully.

"Oh no.  You did NOT just spontaneously sing in my kitchen."  I seethed, as they collapsed in uncontrollable giggling.  They kept giggling until I gave them the evil eye.  "Come on.  Your driver's probably waiting for us downstairs.  Sunhwa stop giggling.  Ji-eun get the cupcakes. Zinger can you even hear me with your giant headphones?  Sooyeon stop reading."  I ordered them. "Out out out." 

"Ahjussi. Can you please take us to..." Sunhwa trailed off nervously, "Umm, do any one of you guys know what's B.A.P's address?"  "I do."  Zinger said, "Please take us to 140-894 Seoul City Yongsan-gu, Hannam-dong." 

"Umm, how do you know where they live?"  Ji-eun asked trying to sound disinterested but was that jealousy?  "Oh, me and Yongguk go way back."  "Oh."  Ji-eun said satisfied with her answer.  "Cool." 

"Before we arrive, WHAT THE HELL was the mini flash mob in my kitchen for."  There.  I feel a lot better now.  "What?  You've never heard of B1A4?" Sunhwa sounded scandalized.  "Come on!  Even Sooyeon's heard of them."  

"Sooyeon."  Ji-eun apped her shoulder.  "Hmm?"  She said still reading.  "You've heard of B1A4 right?"  "You mean the Kpop boy band?  Of course."  She rolled her eyes, "Who doesn't." "Me?"  Sooyeon's jaw dropped.  "Are you serious?"  "That's what I've been telling you." 

"Hey, you guys remember the assignment Ms. Boa gave us?"  Zinger asked suddenly.  "Of course, we had to dance in front of the entire class of rookie students.  They were totally blown away."  Sunhwa bragged. 

"Apparently Miss Boa's asking for a collaboration with the technology teacher Mr. Lee Soo Man also the head of the SM branch to make music videos."  She blew a bubble with her chewing gum.  

"Jinja? That sounds fun!"  Sunhwa beamed, "Yeah but you have to like plan everything like costumes.  It's supposed to be pretty official and if they like it our school's entertainment counterparts are supposed to be scouting."

"I wish I could audition but my parents would never allow it."  Ji-eun sighed sadly.  "Oh well, at least I still get to be in a music video."  I felt a pang of sympathy in my heart.  Ji-eun, unlike me had a dream.  I didn't know what to do with my life.  All I knew was that I wanted a job that gave me money. 

The car stopped, "Gomawo!"  Sunhwa exclaimed jumping out of the car.  B.A.P lived in a rather spacious penthouse apartment complex.  "Wow.  That looks expensive."  Ji-eun who was next to me heard what I was saying.  "Not really.  It's actually rather tiny compared to the apartment  complexes in Gangnam." 

Okay.  Clearly I do not belong in the rich people social circle. 

"So what floor do they live in?"  I asked Zinger quickly to change the subject.  "3rd floor."  She replied.  We walked inside the spacious glass elevator and I pressed the 3rd floor button. 

"Okay so which room is it?"  Ji-eun asked bumping into Sooyoen who was amazingly reading while walking.  "The one with the most noise."  Zinger walked towards the door farthest from the elevator and sure enough "No Mercy" was blasting from speakers behind it. 

Sooyeon knocked politely.  No response.  "Hello?"  Ji-eun asked tenatively, as if a wild animal was behind the door. "Aisht. Jinja." Zinger cursed underneath her breath.  "GRUMPY GET THE DOWN HERE OR I WILL CASTRATE YOU WITH MY BARE ING HANDS."   I screamed.

Sooyeon looked scandalized but sure enough the music stopped.  Grumpy opened the door.  "What is it-oh. Annyeong."  He said weakly when he spotted my face seething with righteous anger and Sooyeon's scandalized expression. 

"Hey there."  Zinger smirked.  "Hyosung and I made cupcakes."  Daehyun materialized within thin air.  "Cupcakes?"  His eyes gleamed predatorily.  I held the box tighter.

"Noonaaaaa.  Pleaaaaseeee."  He pleaded.  I took out a white cupcake andd reluctantly handed it to him.  "If you eat all of them."  I drew my finger across my neck threateningly.

"First things first.  Where's Zelo?" Sunhwa asked Yongguk.  He looked unnerved by being surrounded by five girls alone.  He cleared his throat. "Ah.  Zelo's in our room on the second floor."  We headed up the marble staircase.  ""Yah!  Kim Himchan!  Moon Jongup!  Yoo Yongjae!  Secret and Sooyeon's here."

"Hey there gorgeous."  Himchan said smoothly as I passed by his room. 

Not again.  I glared at him, "Where's Zelo."  "I'm hurt.  You like him more than me?"  He asked mockingly.  I rolled my eyes.  "Yes, because he doesn't shamelessly flirt with me every time he sees me."  "Which is a lot of time."  He muttered.  I ignored his remark. 

"Wait a second.  You guys are here to visit Zelo?"  Himchan ran towards us blocking the doorway.  "What does that have to do with you?"  I asked crossly.  Just let me see my best friend in peace.  "NO!  Too much people at one time may stress my baby."  Ji-eun snorted.  "Fine.  We'll go in turns.  I'll go first." Sooyeon said timidly. 

Himchan allowed her to pass.  Honestly the way he was acting it was like Zelo was his child or something.  You could hear Sooyeon lecturing him about the dangers of going out in the rain without an umbrella.   

"Honestly.  Do you know the health hazards related to exposure."  You could hear Sooyeon's quiet but scary voice through the door.  She talked to him a bit more about making up for their tutoring sessions today and then came out. 

"Is he okay?"  Himchan fretted,  "He's getting better.  I predict in the next few days he'll be back in school."  "I'll go next."  Ji-eun said sweetly.  Reluctantly, Himchan allowed her inside Zelo's room.

She came out a few minutes later looking a lot more cheerful.  "Unnie, do you want to go first?"  Sunhwa asked hesitantly.  "Oh, um you can go first."  I said nervously.  "Mhm."  Sunhwa skipped inside the room.

"So it's just you and me now."  Himchan said suggestively smirking.  I ignored him.  "Yah Jun Hyosung why don't you like meeeeeeeee."  He whined.  "Because you're annoying."  I snapped.  "Or you're just playing hard to get."  He whispered seductively as he put his arm around my shoulders.

Someone coughed.  Himchan and I turned around, his arm still around my shoulders. Sunhwa and Zelo had identical expressions of suprise on their faces.  Sunhwa regained the ability to speak and cleared .  "Hehe I'll be leaving you guys now."  She ran towards the door her cheeks flushed. 

"Himchan, can you please remove your hand from my shoulders?"  I managed to speak without snarling.

Don't judge me. 

I'm usually not that animalistic. 

That's an improvement!

"Sure thing babe."  He blew me a kiss as he sauntered out of Zelo's room.  "Hey there." Zelo stared at me blankly.  "Don't give me that look."  I glared at him.  He averted his gaze.  "You don't look so good."  He snorted. 

That's an understatement

His skin was flushed pink from the fever and his lips were unusually pale.  He looked tired and more fragile than usual.  "I baked cupcakes."  I said hoping it would cheer him up.  He sat up and his entire face brightened.  It worked!  

Huh. I thought Zelo didn't like being treated like a child. 

I heard my phone vibrate and took it out of my pocket.  A new text. 

Naekkoya

Apparently not.

I rollled my eyes and put a blue cupcake on a plate and handed it to him.  He ate it ravenously, "Hey slow down.  You might choke."  I said teasingly ruffling his hair.  He nodded and chewed thoughtfully, "Why are you so hungry anyways?"

Himchan umma made me only eat soup for the past week. 

"That's lovely."  I said sarcastically.  He finished the cupcake with obvious delight.

Then I remembered what I came here to do.

"You have a lot of explaining to do Zelo."  I glared.  "What the hell.  Where were you?" He gestured around this room feebly.  "Uh-huh."  I said disbelievingly.

Himchan umma locked the door and took away my computer, skateboard, and phone.

So that's why he didn't contact me.  He looked absolutely miserable.  I kept glaring at him. 

Are you angry?  Don't be angry.

He stared at me with wide eyes and I suddenly felt guilty.  "I'm not angry."  He kept staring.  "I'm seriously not angry!"  I defended myself.  He looked unconvinced and I decided to change the subject. 

"Our biology teacher was so upset  that the only student that paid attention to him was absent.  So were all the other teachers.  Guess they were upset the 2nd brightest member of TS branch was absent." I . 

"Speaking of school."  I took off my school bag and handed him the gigantic pile of papers and evil grin forming on my face.  "Enjoy."  He covered his face with his hands.  "I'll get Sooyeon for you."

He threw a pillow at me and missed.  "Have fun!"  I said making a heart with my hands, "Zelo fighting!"  I shouted still grinning evily. 

Sooyeon looked at me weirdly as she walked in, "Okay.  I'm thinking that we should start wtih Trigonometry first to warm us up then Biology, History, English, Geometry, Chinese, and maybe even some Music Theory for fun and then we can start..."

I walked out of his room with the evil grin still plastered on my face.  That was kind of mean but that was revenge for getting sick and it was pretty funny seeing his face. 

I'm glad he's okay... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi there! :D  Sorry for the late update.  I finished it earlier last week but I wasn't very satisfied with it because I'm kind of a perfectionist but then I posted it anyways for the lovely people that read my crappy story otherwise I probably wouldn't have updated it for another month.   ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆  I don't know why but I don't feel very satisfied with this chapter, I feel like I rushed it (シ_ _)シ Oh well, enjoy and don't forget to comment/subscribe!! :)  <3 <3 <3