It's Secret Time

Serendipity

The bell rang and I picked up my backpack from the floor and strode confidently to the door and realized the tall gangly boy was still standing at his desk scratching the back of his head.

 I scanned the room, his hot friends left already.  I walked back to him.  "Where's  your schedule."  He looked shocked that I spoke to him but handed me the piece of paper.  I scanned it.  We had nearly all of the same classes.  

I guess we'll be spending more time together.

Wonderful.

At least he's quiet.

I grabbed his wrist.  "Let's go."  I demanded.  "Our next block is Dance."  

I pulled him to our next class that was taught by Miss Boa.  Boa is seriously the prettiest girl in our entire school.  Even high school guys think she's hot.  Plus she's probably one of the youngest teacher in our school.  

TS Academy is a highly esteemed school full of stuffy rich kids so that meant we had really good facilities.  Like our dance studio.  it's bright and spacious and i go there sometimes after school to chill.  And stare at cute boys. 

"Can you dance in your clothes?"  He looked at me blankly.  I sighed and looked at his clothes.  Even though we were the most rebellious out of all three branches in this school we were required to wear the academy's school uniform.   But as rebels we were pretty creative on how we could modify our uniform to fit our.....style.  

His clothes looked comfortable enough to dance in.  I looked at my clothes.  I wore my golden hoodie over my plain school uniform and a pair of shiny black doc martens. Guess I'll have to lose my shoes.  I rifled through my bag and found a pair of black flats and stuffed my doc martens in a plastic bag. 

"If you keep staring, we're going to be late."  I said plainly.

He was staring at me ever since i asked him for his schedule.  I rolled my eyes and dragged him inside the dance studio.

"Annyeonghaseyo.  I am Boa, your dance teacher."  She said graciously.  "As your teacher I am responsible to make you a much better dancer at the end of the year and I will accomplish that goal.  Do not fail me."  

She told us to warm up.  I dropped my schoolbag next to me and walked up to bar and lifted my leg on it.  I could feel his  presence hovering awkwardly behind me.

 "You're not serious."  I mumbled.  

I've gained a follower.  

Delightful.  

I turned around.  "Go warm up.  You'll end up getting cramps when we start dancing if you don't."  

He blinked rapidly, trying to comprehend my words.  "Stretch."  I said simply. 

He nodded and started stretching his oddly long limbs.  

Boa approached us and looked at us stretching.  "You're a new student aren't you."  "Yes. he came this morning."  I said for him.  I don't even know why I did that.  Somehow, I just sensed that he didn't want to talk.  Boa looked at him strangely.  

"Right."  She said after a moment of silence.  "How long have you been in this school?"  She asked,  

"Long enough."  I repllied shortly.  I could feel Zelo looking at me strangely.  Boa sighed.  "Aisht.  You must be from the TS branch, your attitude is intolerable."  She said.  "Gee, how did you know?"  I said sarcastically.  

"Never mind.  Follow me."   She said, i sighed and left Zelo standing by himself.  "We need another person to demonstrate to all the new students."  There were the 2 girls I saw sitting next to Happy and Ninja this morning but there was another girl.  She had straight long black hair and dark eyes.  

I looked at all the people.  There was one girl from YG, 6 boys and 5 girls from SM, and a few people from TS.  She was right, no one here knew anything about dancing.  

Except for us four girls.  "I can see you all have experience in dancing from your stature and posture.  Next class, I expect you to choreograph a dance.  This is an assignment that will reflect upon your grade."  She walked away.  

"Okay.  Let's introduce ourselves."  The girl sitting next to happy said suddenly.  "I'm Han Sunhwa.  I'm from the TS branch.  Nice to meet you!"  She said cheerfully.  "I am Song Ji-eun.  I'm also from TS.  I'm in the same homeroom as Sunhwa."  "Jun Hyosung."  I said curtly.  "TS Branch."  "Song Hana, but you guys can call me Zinger.  I'm from TS but I'm an exchange student."  

"So, any ideas?" Sunhwa asked us.  We discussed for a bit.  Tried out some moves.  They weren't all that bad, actually.  They were pretty nice and sincere about what they thought so we got along.  "Okay.  Let's meet after school tomorrow and finish this dance."  Ji-eun said softly.  We eschanged phone numbers and the bell rang, signalling class was over. 

Zelo was waiting for me next to my bag.  He was staring at the floor again.  "I'm back."  I said taking off my flats and shoving them in my bag.  "Did you miss me?"  I asked sarcastically.  He blinked rapidly.  "Mhmm.  I'll take that as a yes."  I said putting my doc martens on.  "Our next class is singing."  

TS is a school full of snotty rich kids so as expected of any other rich school, we were centered around the arts like music, drama, and art.  So most of our lessons were art centered.  Our teacher was named Lee Hyori.  

"Annyeonghaseyo.  My name is Park Jiyeon, I am a new teacher here and I hope you will treat me kindly.  I hope you will be able to enjoy my class."  She smiled politely. 

"Since today is the first day of school I will demonstrate what I expect from you all."  She walked over to her ipod dock and chose a song.

아침이 밝아오면 나 그댈 다시 볼 수 있나요
when the morning comes will i be able to see you again
처음만난 그 순간처럼 그댈 다시 사랑할께요
i'll love you like the first time we met

얼마나 많은 시간이 우리를 지나가고 지나가던
no matter how much time passes us
사람들 모두 우릴 축복했죠
everyone blesses us

어쩐지 오늘은 왠지 그대의 빈자리가 너무도 커
for some reason, your [empty]seat feels so empty
하루종일 눈물만 흘렸죠..
all day i cry

미안해요 그대를 아프게해서
i'm sorry for hurting you
미안해요 해준게 너무 없어서
i'm sorry for doing nothing for you

미안해요 그대를 잊지못해서
i'm sorry for not forgetting you
미안해요 하지만 오늘은
i'm sorry, but today
꼭 한번 그댈 보고싶어요
i want to see you one last time

많은 여자 중 내 눈에 쏙 들어온 넌
out of all those girls, you caught my eye
마치 영화 속에 주인공 그녀에 아름다움은
she's beautiful like the main character in a movie
절대 뿌리 칠 수 없었네
i couldn't get her out of my mind

그런 너에게 상처를 주다니
but i gave you scars
미친듯이 후회해도 늦었지
my sincere apology is late
네 눈물을 모두다 거둬 줄께
i'll give you all my tears
날 용서해 부탁해 무릎 꿇게.. uh~
please forgive me, i'll beg on my knees

제발 내게 기회를 줘
please give me a chance
미안해서 끄적이던 편지들은 다 찢어 버렸어
i was so sorry i ripped up all the letters
그냥 할 말 있어 잠시 내게 시간을 줘
i just have something to say, give me a minute


아직도 그대 가슴속 에 날 원하고 있다면
if you still want me in your heart
행복했던 그 날처럼 다시 꼭 안아 줄께요
i'll hold you like that day when we were happy

지나간 많은 날들이 그대를 힘들게 해 아프게 해
those past days were hard for you
아무도 손 내밀지 않아도
no one lent a helping hand

언제나 빌어 줄께요
i'll always be on your side [t/n: very rough, but i think that's what they mean]
그대를 더이상 힘들게 하지 않을께..
i wont burden you any more


미안해요 그대를 아프게 해서 (그댈 아프게 해서)
i'm sorry for hurting you (for hurting you)
미안해요 해준게 너무 없어서 (난 너무 없어서)
i'm sorry for not doing anything for you (i really didn't)

미안해요 (정말 미안해요)
i'm sorry (i'm really sorry)
그대를 잊지못해서 (그댈 잊지 못해서)
beacuse i couldn't forget you (because i couldn't forget you)
미안해요 하지만 오늘은
i'm sorry, but today
꼭 한번 그댈 보고 싶어요
i want to see you one last time

얼마나 많은 아픔과
how many pains
얼마나 많은 고통과
how many accidents

얼마나 많은 눈물을 그대는 견뎌 냈을까
how many tears you shed alone
얼마나 많은 아픔과
how many pains

얼마나 많은 고통과
how many accidents
얼마나 많은 눈물을 그대는 아파 하긴 했을까
how many tears hurt you

미안해요 그대를 아프게해서
i'm sorry for hurting you
미안해요 해준게 너무 없어서
i'm sorry for not forgetting you

내가 미안해요 그대를 잊지 못해서
i'm sorry for not forgetting you
정말 미안해요 사랑해요
i'm really sorry, i love you

 

She finished singing and bowed.  We clapped politely.  "Your next assignment is to sing a duet with your partner whom I will choose."  Everyone groaned.  

 

She walked over to people in the classroom and started to pair them up.  "You."  She pointed at me.  "Will be partners with him."  She pointed at ninja.  

 

"You-."  She was about to pair Zelo up with Ji-eun but he shook his head.  He took out his phone and texted furiously.  

 

Miss Lee glared at him.  "I don't have time for this."  She got a phone call, "Hello?  Oh.  Oh."  She paled considerably.  "I see.  Yes headmaster."  She hung up.  

 

"Well it seems we have a problem."  She smiled uneasily.  "Ummm, you can be in a group with them."  She said to Ji-eun and pointed at us.  

 

"You." She pointed at Zelo and trailed off.  "Can just stay here with them and listen to music.  yes, it will be a wonderful learning experience." She said reassuring herself.  

 

"What just happened?"  Ji-eun asked Ninja softly.  He shrugged, "No idea."  But the gleam in his eyes told a different story.  "So." He smirked at me from behind his mask.  "Enjoying class?  You're a pretty good dancer."  

 

"Wait.  WHAT?  You were in my dance class?"  I glared at him.  "Yeah.  Thanks for taking care of Baby Zelo."  He said pinching his cheek.  Zelo gave me an apologetic look.  Sorry.  

 

Zelo glared at Daehyun.  "Don't get mad at me for ditching you."  Daehyun said.  Zelo kept glaring.  "You were in safe hands."  He looked at my I'm-going-to-kill-you-with-my-bare-hands-and-they'll-never-find-your-body glare.  "Or not."  Zelo kept glaring.  "OKAY, I'm sorry."  The gleam in his eyes didn't disappear though.  

 

"You better be."  I muttered but my anger faded.  "So what do you guys want to sing?" Ji-eun said tenatively breaking the ice.  "Anything."  Daehyun and I said in unison.  "There must be something you want to sing, everyone else has probably decided on their song."  Ji-eun pouted.  

 

"HEY GUYS!"  Happy gave Ninja a back hug.  "Guess WHO!"  He said covering his eyes.  "I don't know.  It CAN'T  be Yongjae because he does this to me EVERY TIME he sees me."  Daehyun said sarcastically.  "Aww, you're no fun."  Sunhwa said pouting slightly.  Those two are so happy, it's sickening.  

 

"Hey Ji-eun.   You okay?  You look a bit down."  She asked her sympathetically.  "My group mates are so UNCOOPERATIVE."  She glared at us.  "I'm not uncooperative."  We both said again.  "Stop copying me!"  We glared at each other for doing the same thing again.  "You're so annoying!"  "Hmph."  I turned around.  "Jerk."  I muttered.

 

"Sunhwa and I aleady chose a song.  It's called "Everything Pretty."  He beamed.  "Yeah, we're going to practice it soon."  "Bye!"  Ji-eun waved as they walked away chatting animatedly.  "They look so cute together."  Ji-eun said wistfully.  I looked over at them laughing together.  The girls in our class were going to be very disappointed.  

 

But I didn't care, Sunhwa was a nice girl and Yongjae seems harmless.  They'd make a good couple.

 

"I wish I had a boyfriend."  She said wistfully.  I snorted.  "Why?  They're annoying, whiny, stupid, overly masculine, clingy, creepy, erted,-" "There's a reason that you're going to be forever alone."  Daehyun interrupted.  "Like you're so eager about having a relationship."  I shot back.  

 

He shrugged.  "You raise a very good point."  "You guys are so sad."  She said rolling her eyes.  "What about you?"  She asked Zelo.  "You look cute enough to get a girlfriend."  Zelo looked at her blankly.  "He's too young to date." Daehyun said reaching up to ruffle his hair.  Which was a hard task to do.  "Hmmm, well you'll find the right girl soon."  Ji-eun said optimistically.  

 

Riiight.   True love is an unrealistic standard society creates in the world.  Like who's going to ever fall in love.  I mean, SURE you become enamoured with a guy for some moment of time but then it fades.  And you break up, and it happens all over again.  It's pointless.  

 

But this oppurtunity to is too precious to ignore.  "Yeah, girls like the dark and mysterious boys."  I winked.  His eyes widened dramatically.  I bit my lip to stop laughing.  Daehyun coughed to stifle his laugh.  He just stared at us. 

 

He's sort of cute.  

 

In a silent puppy way.  

 

Okay, that was sort of weird.

 

 

The bell rang.  Daehyun walked over to me and whispered in my ear, "See you."  He said softly winking at me.  Boys.