37

Love me again?

“Sir Kris, your mom is on the line.” My secretary called.
“Put her on the line.” I sighed in frustration as I ‘anticipated’ what she was going to say.
“Kris, remember to be home by 7. Are you coming home yet?” she nagged.
“About to knock off but you called.” I grunted in annoyance.
“Ok, I’ll see you at home. Drive safely.” She said before getting off the line.

It was D-day and I guess my fate with Hyo Jung’s seamed and done. I still long for her and I miss her a lot but there’s nothing I can do for her, expect to pray that happiness will befall on her. However, the thought of her having another guy there for me irks me. How can I have another guy hugging her, kissing her and holding her hands when I’m supposed to be the only one who gets that privilege? I sighed in frustration as I approached my car. Damn company, damn marriage, damn life, damn everything!

I had to drive by Hyo Jung’s place before turning into my house and my thoughts wander off to her once again – heck, she was always on my mind. No one can ever replace her, not to say make me love another. Till I die, it will always be her. I know I shouldn’t have such hatred towards the other party whom I’ve been arranged to marry for she’s yet another innocent victim. Maybe I can get her to not agree to us marriage and then I can get back to Hyo Jung. Ugh, this is so frustrating. Why me, God? 

As I entered the house, my mom looked up from the island in the kitchen and called out to me in an ultra enthusiastic voice.
“Hurry go change son!!!” she smiled and pointed to the stairs. I nodded and went up to change out of my suit into comfortable yet formal enough for the ‘meeting’. I was cooped up in my room with all my memories and thoughts that I failed to hear the ringing of the doorbell until my mom called for me. This is it Kris, this is the end of your life. I had my head down while I was making my way down the stairs, totally not giving two hoots to the guest. Maybe if I acted rudely, they will reconsider our marriage.
“Kris! Hurry greet your in-laws!” my mom dragged me to her side as I groaned and looked up slowly. What appeared in front of me had me by the throat. Unknowingly my eyes opened wider, my jaw slacked as I looked at the faces, which I was long acquainted, and familiar with – Her family. I searched for her eyes in desperation as she watched me with puffy, red and swollen eyes, confusion wrapped around her mind.
“I…”
“Hurry greet them!” my mom nudged me as I forced myself to bow but nothing would appear in my mind.
“It’s good to see you again Kris.” Her mother came forward and held onto my hand while her father brought me into an embrace.

Is this a joke? 


I've yet to proof-read it but i'll do so soon! Here's a short chapter to ease your curiousness. You should know the ending by now /smirk

Comment please! I'd really like to hear your opinion on it!