38

Love me again?

We ate dinner in silence – well at least for the two of us – while our parents discuss about our marriage harmoniously. What on earth is going on? I sneaked a peek at her and saw her nibbling on her food. She looks so frail and tired. My heart longs to pull her into my arms and hug her till she feels better but that would be inappropriate, judging from where we are seated at and our current situation with each other. Technically we have broken up but right now we’re in a midst of an arranged marriage with each other.

“I know you two have a lot in mind and must be wondering if this is a joke.” My mom said calmly while scooping more food to place them on her plate before putting her arms around her shoulder.
“Sorry dear, for making you cry so much.” She rubbed her hands against her shoulder as she nodded calmly.
“Truth is, we just wanted to fool around with you two. We didn’t expect the two of you to take it so seriously.” Her mom spoke up, her cheeks flushed.
“What.” I gaped at them while she looked at them too.
“We’re sorry son. There’s no crisis, our company’s doing really well. Sorry for stressing you out.” She apologized.
“Have you guys got nothing to do?!” I got up from my chair and pulled her along with me back up to my room. Surprisingly, she didn’t resist but followed me along. Thank god.

She sat on my bed while I paced around my room in awkward silence. It wasn’t her first time being in my room but she made me feel like I was intruding my own room. I turned around and saw her playing with her fingers – she was totally confused. Sighing, I went over and kneeled in front of her.
“I’m so sorry.”

“No, I’m sorry. I…I will tell your mom to cancel the wedding.” She stuttered, avoiding my gaze.
“Why? You don’t want to marry me?” I asked.
“No but you… what about the other girl?” she looked up timidly at me, her eyes filled with tears. I couldn’t bear it any longer and decided to pull her into a hug in which she gasps in shock.
“What are you doing!” she tried to push me away.
“You have a girlfriend Kris! Don’t do this!” her resistances only made me hug her tighter. Sooner or later, she succumbed to my hug while I sighed in relief.

“There’s no other girl baby. It’s only you. I only have you.” I her hair while inhaling her scent.
“I’ve missed you so much.” She tensed as I confessed my feelings to her. Holding me in arms length, she frowned and said,
“What do you mean? You told me that you were seeing someone else?”
“I said that because I didn’t know how else to break the news to you. My mom kept pestering me about the arranged marriage and I really couldn’t bear to break up with you, I even wanted to elope with you! But the company was at stake and I had to stay put to save it… and my mom told me that the only way to save the company was to marry some girl which she arranged me to be with but I didn’t know that it was you…” I place my palms against her cheek as she tries to understand what I just said.

“So…there’s no girl?” she questioned while I shook my head.
“Really??”
“It’s always you and only you.” I her cheeks as she started to tear.
“I thought you didn’t love me. I thought you didn’t want me anymore.”
“I will always want and love you baby. Please don’t cry. I'm sorry.” She sobbed into my shirt while I took her in my arms and kiss her hair occasionally.
“We will never leave each other from now on. I promise you, ok?”
“Never ever leave me again.” She mumbled.
“Never. I love you, Hyo Jung.”
“I love you too, Kris.” 


Happy with their ending???? kekeke. Anyone up for an epilogue? Yay or Nay? ;)