Score!

Rebound.

419992_420610118036409_1627242462_n.jpg

Because all EXO stans' feelz are all over the place. Haha

Yes. As Promised.
I hope I really won't disappoint  you all.

And this is the end! No more sequels!
No more.

You better leave some comments later. :P hihi. <3
MUST! Loljk. If you are kind enough, please do. :)

Thank  You and Enjoy!


 

“Good morning, Mirae!” A voice beamed across the field as you entered the school gates. Your steps were light and easy as you made your way to your friends. You looked over to where the voice came from and you became beyond happy when you saw Sehun surrounded by a few girls, waving cheerfully towards you. Chuckling a bit from his hyper activeness, you smiled and waved back before walking again.

It has been weeks after that ‘bubble tea and me’ and me confrontation.

Well, that epic afternoon lead to a great leap in your relationship. No more hushed whispers or cautious conversations. No more notes passed in secrecy and the small nothings became his everything. You weren’t really inclined in a romantic wing… It’s safe to say that both of you became friends. Really good friends.

You once got the chance to spend lunch with him- alone… And you found a way around your Biology problem by talking to your teacher asking for another chance with all his cheers and encouragements behind you. You also got to meet his ‘clique’ formally and you managed to beam up each other as much as possible.

The air eventually became thicker as snow started to shower down the streets. Roughly just a month before you can enjoy your deserved spring break and be a senior soon. Students like you just stayed in school for the fun of it. And not to mention just for the upcoming ‘First and Last Waltz Promenade’; It’s a formal dance programme arranged for graduating seniors and juniors who are about to become legal too. And it was just a week away.

As expected girls were all gushing about finding the perfect dress and buying the best shoes that matches everything. Not to mention the bragging of new jewelries and accessories. To be honest, you were excited yourself too. You already picked your dress with your mom the weekend before and it was a skin-toned knee length dress with minimal accents. It was simple- But perfect. You smiled at the thought of it as your heart fluttered to cloud nine. Seriously, who doesn’t want to look pretty, once in a while?

“Hey guess whaaaaat?!” One of your friends who is oh so narcissistic about her nails gushed as she ran to your table.

“Your nail broke?”
“No, stupid. If it did she would be bawling by now.”
“You found the perfect nail polish?”
“She already did…”

You rolled your eyes at your friend playfully before eyeing your overly-joyed  other friend.

“Woohyun asked me for the dance!!!” She squealed to herself before releasing dolphin squeals and practically flipped everything.

“Omo! Good for you then!” You beamed, genuinely happy for her.
“OH MY DID I HEAR IT RIGHT HOLD MY POODLE AFJASFLASFJSDHFGSDK” It was now your friends’ turn for reaction time. And. It. Was. Explosive.

You looked down and smiled to yourself before shaking your head sideways.

Lunch period was over and before you knew it, it was already dismissal. You walked slowly to your locker taking everything around you in. Girls squealing, boys shrugging out nervousness, pushes and manly encouragements. Woot’s and Ayee’s here and there. You looked everywhere and smiled brightly right before crashing with another person.

You staggered back and regained your balance clutching your books tight. You immediately bowed down politely, saying  sorry.

“Aniyo. I’m  sorry.”  The guy in front of you said.

Your head snapped at the familiar voice as your heart fluttered.

“Oh. Sehun…”
“How many times must I tell you not to call me by my full-name?” He laughed and pinched your nose.

You grinned sheepishly before shaking out of it.

He scratched his nape before his lower lip out of habit.

“Someone asked you out for the dance already?” He let out casually.

You shrugged and shook your head at the same time.

“Oh.” He nodded in comprehension but you can sense that he wasn’t really surprised by it
“You’re the queenka. Shouldn’t all of them be lining up in front of you already?”
You scrunched up your nose. You don’t really see it that way, but playing along you put on a disappointed face and pout, “I don’t know why, either.”

Both laughing there and then you face-palmed yourself for being so egocentric.

But in all modesty, you were secretly praying for him to ask you. You had your fingers crossed  and your hopes up high. But all aware that it might go down the drains soon. Your palms sweated as your mouth turned dry.

“Well someone already called dibs.” He said after you both regained your composure.
“Dibs?”
“Yeah. Dibs.” He shrugged.

So it’s a no. He won’t ask me out.

“Well, it’s not like you can’t go there solo, right?” You said in the most cheerful voice you can manage, convincing yourself more than actually telling him.

He nodded and looked behind you.

“Well, I should really get going… I still have some stuffs to do.”

With that you smiled and nodded muttering a quick goodbye.

Tuesday came and you woke up extra early  to prep yourself up a bit better. Wednesday came- nothing. Thursday, you were on the edge of the cliff. You somehow pitied yourself- thoughts of ‘Am I really that ugly?’ ‘Doesn’t anyone want me?’ ‘Should I still go?’ ran through your mind.

All your friends got their dates, some even had flowers and some came with teddy bears. You congratulated them all heart-fully but behind your mind a voice was yelling, ‘Why not meee?’ shrugging it out, you tried your best to be fine.

What’s worse is that Sehun became distant from you too. You see him laughing with all his friends casually but when he meets your eyes, it flicks away almost instantly, and you forced yourself that he just didn’t notice you or he wasn’t really just paying attention. But you still had to put up with something much more than that- you saw him at the end of the hallway walking towards your direction alone. You figured he may now notice you- you straightened up. But what did he do? He put on his earphones and brushed past you looking straight forward.

Heaving a sigh, you carried on. But with your intestines all tied up and throat squeezed.

Friday came and you were seriously losing it. Lunch, you didn’t bother to eat. You had no appetite at all you just smiled and nodded to your friends’ plans and imaginations for tomorrow’s event. You were feeling empty. Your eyes flickered to Sehun and saw him staring at you. Your smiled faltered from shock but before you could even put it back on; he looked away and talked to his hyungs.

Sighing again, you buried your face in your arms- a habit you do whenever your feelz are just overflowing may it be happy or sad.

Time dragged on the afternoon and even before the last chime rings, the intercom passed amessage to everyone. It called the attention of all Seniors and Juniors to proceed to the auditorium for final instructions for the Waltz. Some skipped excitedly to there as you chose to lag behind, walking as slow as you can.

You sat on the floor with your friends as some faculties talked about the program and behavior issues. Limits and graces. You paid no attention as everything felt like a blur while you battled with yourself if you should still attend or not.

“And before I send you all home for your beauty rests, one junior here wants to say something important.” Your school principal said earning some groans and squeals from everyone.

“Oh, look! It’s Sehun!” One of your friends chirped up as you were brought back  to Earth, your attention on the guy up the stage who was holding the microphone with one hand and ramming his hair with the other.

“Uhh. Hi everyone… I’m sorry to take some of your time but… Let me just do this okay? Sunbaenims, chinggus...” Some guys groaned ‘ppali’ while some girls squealed in delight but out of everyone, there’s this bunch that caught everyone’s attention. It was his friends. They were howling loudly, clapping like retarded seals and cheering like obsessed fangirls.

You chuckled lightly before looking back up at Sehun, curious.

“Uhh, yeah. I begged the teachers for this…” He said nervously as the staffs smiled and laughed.

“It’s just that… There’s this someone.” He started off but got cut abruptly by loud approving yells from his group. One even stood up and jumped around. They eventually died down as they punched each other’s shoulders roughly.

“Ehh, uhh, she’s someone really special…”

Your heart felt pricked. He likes someone already. And there was no chance it would be you. He’s your friend. You are his friend. So that’s why he was ignoring you the whole week!

You chocked back a lump in your throat as you listened. The whole place shushed down too.

“She is always there to pull me up. Always there to cheer me up and push me forward… After I got my heart broken, I was scared. Scared to feel love all over again since I was afraid to feel the agony afterwards. But then she was there. She pulled me back together. She gave me everything as I gave her nothing. I took her for granted and pushed her away at the same time. But she never left. Never. And I don’t want her to leave me. Ever.”

Then there was that dramatic pause.

 

 

“I am not just asking you to be my first waltz… I am also asking you to be my girlfriend… Not a rebound. But a steal, a crossover and hoping for a score…"

"Queenka. 3rd Year. Class 2. Seat  17. Jung Mirae.”

 

 

 

 

 

Your head spun, wondering and scanning your class attendance sheet mentally trying to recall who Jung  Mirae is. Your eyes clouded with tears as you felt desperate to know who she is.

“YAH!!! What are you doing there?! Why are you crying?!?!” Your friend poked your shoulder harshly- exclaiming loudly as you felt everyone look at you.

“It hurts.”
“What hurts?!”
“My heart.”
“WHY?!”
“He likes Mirae.” You felt a tear slide down your cheek.

From the corner of your eyes you saw Sehun hop down the stage and walk to the crowd.

This is Sehun’s moment. I must not intrude. But I can’t help it!

“BABO! What year are you in, huh?!” Another friend scolded you.

 “3rd year.” You said meekly.
“Class?”
“2.”
“Seat?”
“17…”

 

Then came loud squeals.

 

You looked down feeling your heart squished. She accepted him now. Probably.

 

“What’s your name?” Sehun who was now in front of you placed his hands on both of your shoulders.

“Mirae. Jung Mirae.”

Louder cheers.

 

Then it all came to you.

It was you. It was you. It was you. It was you. It was you. It was you. It was you. It was you. It was you.

Looking up at him with eyes as big as saucers, he smiled widely before pinching your nose.

“YAAAAH! DO YOU ACCEPTHIM? YES OR YES?!” Chanyeol sunbaenim yelled as his gang then again howled loudly as other students started to cheer too.

“Babo.” You muttered to yourself as you knocked your own head.

“Answer my question… Do you?” He leaned closer.

“Of course I do!” You yelled out in frustration.

And I was in a world cup stadium. And Cristiano Ronaldo scored.

He hugged you tightly as he rocked you back and forth happily.

“I called the dibs.” He chuckled to your hair softly
“Then what’s with all the ignore crap for the past week?!” You can’t help but accuse him, your voice muffled by his chest making him the only one who could hear you.

“Just to add some spark” He shrugged innocently, hugging you even tighter.

“I hate you.” You muttered

“I love you.”

 

--

 

FIN.