Steal and a crossover

Rebound.

480560_536509653062051_1243289751_n.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op3A-RKBzFk&feature=youtu.be

Because I honestly thought that they'd release
individual video teasers, that's why.

I'm so lame. kkkk.
Thank you 
Becky-ah for sending in your idea!
Other than her no one else did. 3

Anyway, I hope I  won't disappoint you guise.

Enjoy.
 

 


 

 

Nothing really happened after that desperate confession. He just turned around and walked away as if he heard nothing- while you sobbed the night away; just for that night. And eventually the sun rose and the morning came and you had no other choice but to carry on with your life. Your eyes weren’t that puffed but you were paler than usual. You pushed everything to the back of your mind and walked to school as always.

You were honestly, still, feeling very down and depressed but then you managed to put up a smile for everyone else. You arrived at school later than usual- meeting a flock of Sehun’s ‘mob’. Seeing you they smiled sweetly and greeted you a good morning. You nodded at them politely and went on- till you met his eyes.

And the unexpected happened.

He smiled.

Gripping onto your dear sanity, you stopped yourself from expecting and convinced yourself that it was mere kindness and pity. But you still couldn’t deny that you were ecstatic. Knowing it’s for the best, you kindly returned the same gesture with an equal amount of uncertainty with his. You then gathered your composure and walked to your homeroom alone, not even bothering to meet up with your friends.

You need to get out of there and you need to get out of there fast.

Entering your classroom you went straight to your desk, ignoring everyone’s smiles and dumped all your things in front of your desk as you sat down noisily- burying your face in your arms and elbows- smiling like a total fool.

At least my pained confession didn’t go down the drain.

 

xxx

 

A week passed after that one smile and you could say that things are getting pretty smooth. Well, at least you now acknowledge each other’s presence with a smile or a nod, a lucky ‘annyeong’ from Sehun sometimes, can literally make your day!

It was another ordinary lunch time for everyone. You walked in the ever so crowded cafeteria with your friends. You walked to the counter and ordered things; as your eyes automatically dart around to look for him- as always.

And as always, he wasn’t eating. He just sat there at the very end of a bench full of bickering jocks. He had his head rested on his knuckles with his elbows on top of the table for support. He stared somewhere and for days you never bothered to look where he was looking at; but now was different. You swallowed and braced yourself for pain as you followed his fixed gaze- and there she was- His beloved noona acting all lovey-dovey with her guy. You sighed as you looked back at Sehun.

He looked uninterested with his pocker-face but deep within that fascia he looked depressed… broken… hurt… He looked like he wanted to kill someone; but at the same time he looked like he wanted to commit suicide. Popping a cherry, you followed your friends as they made way to your usual table.

He may not let me help in a way I want to- no one’s stopping me from helping him though.

You then looked over and scan the crowd; making sure no one was looking. A few had their gazes fixed on you but as soon as they met your eyes they looked away.

Passing behind him, you gripped your tray with one hand and covered both his eyes with your other hand- not making skin contact. Your hand were a few inches away from his eyes but you managed to block his ‘heartbreaking’ view.

He jumped up slightly from shock as you choked back giggle.

“Staring is rude.”

You whispered softly before slipping away.

 

xxx

 

It was once again the examination periods. Everyone on your year level was pretty busy with cram school while the seniors were busy for their University Admissions.

You and your friends decided to study together at your school’s eco garden near the field. It was not that crowded since the sun was out and people don’t really want to catch a ray of it. But you can take Sehun out of those ‘people’. Yes, he was there too, coincidentally that is. It has been 3 days since that cafeteria encounter and nothing pretty much  changed.

Just like now- he was staring at them again. Yes- Chokyung unnie and her boyfriend are here too.

Sehun who was a few tables away from you got an opened book in front of him but he didn’t pay any attention to it- at all.  Instead he just glared at the couple a few meters away from him repeatedly.

You rolled your eyes and sighed inwardly before writing something on a piece of spare paper your friend handed you for solutions. You then crumpled it slowly and looked around cautiously. Once sure that no one was looking- you faked to scratch your back before throwing the paper- hitting him on his forehead. Snapping out of his stare he knitted his brows together before bending down to pick it up. He looked around and saw you with your friends. Having a hunch that it was from you- he opened the paper curiously.

Stop Staring!!!
You need to study!! :P

Smiling slightly, he turned to look at you who were already staring at him. Taken aback with his sudden look, you did nothing but stuck your tongue out at him playfully as he mouthed- ‘You too.’ Teasingly.

 

xxx

 

It was gym period. You spent this class with the whole Junior and Senior council. You had some friendly volleyball cup against the Senior team and you were part of the first six. You were somehow confident with your skills as you played since elementary. Your game just ended as you easily won against your Sunbaes. You wiped your sweat walking to the bench smiling and bowing down politely at each compliment thrown at you.

Then you noticed Sehun. He was sitting at the bench alone- huffing and puffing- they just finished their game too. And basing on their reactions, their team lost to the seniors. Then he scanned the gym and stopped at the couple wiping each other’s sweats sweeter than necessary.

Okay…..

Having a ball in hand you took the liberty of spiking it adding a bit of wrist flick than necessary- intentionally hitting Jinho sunbae-nim- Chokyung unnie’s boyfriend, square on his nape as you dramatically gaped and bowed.

“I’m so sorry!! Sorry, sunbae-nim!! Omo. Really. Sorry.” You yelled and jogged to them before bowing repeatedly. He was clutching his neck as Chokyung unnie picked up the ball and handed to me with a smile.

“It’s okay…It’s not like you did it on purpose…”
“Yeah,” You smiled back before accepting it.
“Don’t worry about him. He’s a man. He’ll get over the pain soon, you better go now. Your teacher’s checking the attendance already!”
“Yeah.” You bowed again before slipping away.

“Yeah.”

“I did it on purpose.” You muttered to yourself quietly.

 

 

“Nice one.” Someone who never fails to make your heart flutter whispered. You fought the urge to turn around but you satisfied yourself with a victorious grin.

 

xxx

 

He sat on a library table alone cramped up with opened books here and there. It was lunch time and he was cramming to finish his English reaction paper due in two hours. He really planned to do it the night before but he ended up sleeping, tired from basketball practice.

He furrowed his brows as he scanned an encyclopedia for the facts he needed, scribbling notes impatiently on a piece of paper for later elaboration.

Half an hour later, he felt his stomach churn and grind itself. Shaking the hunger away, he continued on his work. A few more minutes later his hand stopped from writing as an apple was placed in front of him with a small note on a yellow stick-notes; then footsteps echoed away.

A small bite could go a very long way.
Fighting!

He did not even have to wonder to know from whom it was. He knew.

With a smile, he quietly took a bite before proceeding on writing.

 

xxx

 

Days turned to weeks; weeks turned to months. Their relationship draggedon like that for a long time. Leaves started to dry and they started to fall.

He got used to her. He woke up every day and went to school excited to see her slight blush and shy smile. He waited for her tiny notes and thoughtful surprises. To put it simply- he longed for her affection the whole day. Just her. But in return- he gave her nothing.

The air became colder and the streets became merrier. Lights were blinking here and there- and Christmas carols filled the wind. Winter break- A new year.

She handed him a small Christmas card before classes were cut-off as he just gave her a smile.

Then the classes resumed- the last final exams haunting every student’s mind.

They both studied well as the notes got fewer and the glances narrowed too once or twice a day.

Finally! Finals were over and stress is gone!

But then there came a day when everything felt wrong.

That day, the morning went by a bliss, he caught her hurrying to her homeroom before the final chime. Test results were handed back to them and he was pleased with how  his hard worked turned out.

 Then came the morning break. As usual, their cliques passed by each other while going to the lockers.

No notes. No smiles. Not even a glance. He tried to catch her by intentionally bumping to her shoulders. But he did not succeed. Her head hung low as her steps were heavier than an elephant’s. At lunch he purposefully blocked her path to get her attention  but she did  not even bother to look up. She waited till he stepped aside before walking again.

Now he was at loss.

He stared at her as she played with the lid of her water bottle; which was technically her lunch. Not the water bottle but the water. Okay. She lifelessly sat with her friends as they turned to comfort her every now and then.

“What’s wrong with her today?” He muttered to himself looking down
“Who?” Jongin who was sitting beside him elbowed him playfully
“Her.” He said as casual as he can pointing to her with his eyes trying not to sound worried.
Jongin scoffed loudly as  he turned to look at him with accusing eyes…

“Don’t ‘her’  her to me you brat.”  He warned-glaring for a bit. All the guys on their table looked at them
“You think I didn’t know? You think I didn’t notice?” He let out
“What?”
“What, ‘what?’!? It’s not like you read her notes secretly.” He rolled his eyes at his dense friend
“And it’s not like we don’t see you smiling like a total maniac after seeing her glance at you for a second.” D.O. chimed
“And please, dear maknae, you accidentally tuck one of her love notes in my book! How clumsy!” Baekhyun butted in
“Or you can just point out the way he looks at her everytime.” –Suho

He gaped at his friends as they all sneered at him.

 

 

 

The feeling then again came to me. Without me summoning it- Without me forcing it.

 

 

 

 

xxx

 

I sighed in content and my eyes flickered back to her weak posture.

“But still, u guys didn’t answer my question. What happened to her? She seems so…down.” I said now not fighting back the concern in my voice
“I heard she failed her Biology test.”
“What?!” We all said at the same time looking at Chanyeol hyung who was busy typing away on his phone.
“But the thing is- she would’ve aced it if she wrote T instead of True and F instead of False…” He added further
“Well… that hurts…” Kai muttered
“Bigtime.”

 

 

“I guess it’s your turn now, maknae-ah.”
“Eh?” I looked up at Suho hyung.
“It’s your time to cheer her up… Help her out… You know…”  He explained as the other guys slowly nodded
“She always cheers you up. Remember that one time when you arrived really early without knowing that classes were postponed?? Instead of laughing at you, she bought you your comfort food before you headed back home…”
“And that moment when she passed you her own handkerchief after practice when you realized you left yours in your bag.”
“Or the time when she gave her spare report presentation so that you have something to show to our class…”
“Let’s not forget the fact that she helped you out when you were down the drains because of Chokyung…”

I let my eyes roam around the cafeteria and letting them land on the dreaded couple. Chokyung noona met my gaze as she waved brightly; I nodded back politely before she turned to Jinho sunbaenim and beamed happily.

My heart did not hurt.
I did not feel any pain at all.

Then I gazed back at Mirae. She ruffled her hair in misery then covered her face with her palms and sighed as her shoulders deflate. She then rubbed her face a few times before completely burying her head in her arms. Her shoulders heaved up and down and there and then, I knew she was crying.

My heart felt squeezed in every way possible.
And my chest felt like being ripped open.
It hurts.

I looked back down and sighed.

“What makes you happy, Sehunnie?” Baekhyun hyung asked.
“Me?” I sat up
“No me. I’m Sehunnie.” Kai snorted
I made a face
“Bubble  tea.”  I said
They all sighed and whined quietly to themselves.

I thought deeper.

Then came flashbacks of her smiles.

“And her.” I added right before the bell rang.
 

“Then it up maknae.” They took turns on giving me a pat on the back before walking out.

 

xxx

 

As soon as the bell for the last period rang- he dashed out of his room and ran out to his favorite bubble tea café around the corner of the school. He ordered two of his favorite flavor then dashed back to the school. By then students were walking out chatting with friends and planning where to go next. Some complaining on their exam results and some were happily giving a call to their parents. He ran up to the fifth floor where her room was and muttered a quick thank you to God when she was still there. Alone.

He peered at the chalkboard seeing her name for cleaning duty.

He looked back at her who was staring at her exam results blankly.

“Yah.” Sehun called out his voice faltering a bit.
Her head snapped up in pure shock
“Oh. Sehun-ssi.” She muttered looking back down
“You didn’t have to call me by my full name…” He teased while walking to her smiling brightly.
She smiled for a bit before looking back up again.
“Why are you here?” She asked curiously.
“Uhh. You seemed too depressed for today…” He started off looking everywhere but her
“It’s just... something... just not my day… I guess.” She replied ignoring the ben-bens in her stomach.
He went to her and ruffled her hair for a bit.

“We all have those days…” He dragged out a chair from the nearby table and sat down across her.

“And I’m here to give you two things that makes me cheer up when I experience those days…”
“Okay?? Then what are those things??”

He pulled out drink and placed it on top of her desk, “One, Bubble tea!!!” He chirped.
She grinned at the drink in front of her before sipping a bit.

She then felt at ease and lighter.

“See?! It works!” He threw a punch in the air before pulling out his drink too. They exchanged smiles before sipping at it, resting in a comfortable silence.

“What’s the other one then?” She asked.

“Well… You always beam me up and help me when I’m at need… So it’s basically just…Bubble tea…”

He then propped up his arms on your table resting his chin between his palms, while smiling at you.

 

 

 

 

“AND ME.”

 

 


 

 

Will post another concluding chapter for this once the full MV is out.
Comments are loved.

Thanks.