Chapter 2

Dream Come True

Kai’s POV:

 

This is the second time I’m moving school again. The first because my parents divorced. My mum took me along with her and the both of us moved to Japan to have a better future together. I was barely 4 years old back then. I only remembered that I had to leave one of my best friends which is Oh Sehun. I had a hard time adapting to the surroundings in japan. I don’t understand a single thing that they said. Things will get better when I was in my second year of elementary school, I thought. I thought we would be staying there forever. But no we didn’t. My mum met a wonderful man and we moved to the States. A ‘wonderful’ man she said. A few years into the marriage, he started beating her up and I would always see her crying herself to sleep. Her condition took a turn for the worst when he lost his job there. He comes home drunk and would force my mum into doing things that she doesn’t want to do. It took her some time to actually recover from the scars, both emotionally and mentally. When she saved enough money, we ran away from that despicable man and moved back to Korea. I hope that we’ll be staying here forever I guess. But the forever was never a part of my life dictionary.

 

After moving back to korea which is about 5 years ago, I started rebelling against my mum. I did not want to attend school and I decided to work at the library that was 4 blocks away from my apartment. I didn’t know what got me into attending high school this year. Maybe the doe-eyed boy who always sat at the same corner in the library every day. He would be alone sometimes but other times there would be an eyeliner boy sitting opposite him talking enthusiastically. I always used that opportunity to walk up to their table and tell them to quieten down. When I did so, the doe-eyed boy will look up at me with that big eyes and apologize continuously. I just smiled back at him. And I would see a slight blush forming on his cheeks which I found adorable. Since then, I realize a change in myself.

 

A few months later, I found out that he was attending a high school that was just around the corner. I walked into the school to apply for the entrance exam to gain a place in the school. As I was walking to the office, I met someone familiar.

 

I approached the stoned face boy and tapped his shoulder, “are you by any chance Oh Sehun?”

 

He had the same expression and he replied, “Yeah, I am. And you are?”

 

“Kai. Don’t you remember me? We used to play together.” At that reply, his eyes brighten up and he pulled me into a tight hug. Oh damn, how I missed by one and only friend. After which, we headed to the nearest café and had a mini catchup session together. I told him everything that happened for the last 13 years and both of us hoped that I’m staying here for good. When he found out that I’ll be enrolling in his school, he decided that he should help me with the entrance exam because he claimed that only the smart ones managed to gain a place. I met up with his friends and they helped me a lot.

 

A year has passed and I gained a place in the school which means that I’ll get to see my doe-eyed cutie. And oh life could be any better than this. There he was sitting at the back of the class with his eyeliner friend. His friend squealed when he saw Chanyeol walking pass him. This boy could be any more obvious than this. When he looked up at me, I swear his eyes could fall out of its sockets any time soon. He widened them in horror like he have seen a ghost. I smirked at him when he did that. I mentally facepalmed myself. Why did I do that? I just scared the kid away.

 

I was called to the front to do my introduction which actually went well. After bowing to the class, I saw him looking at me with a horrified expression. And once again, I gave him my signature smirk. And he quickly looked down his cheeks turned pink. And Mr Lee being the wonderful man he is assigned me to sit next to him. His eyeliner friend squealed internally knowing that he get to sit next to Park Chanyeol.

 

I walked up to him and did the most unexpected thing ever. I leaned into his ear and whispered “Nice eyes you’ve got there,” When I moved away, I see him shivering from our closeness and his cheeks heating up.

 

Well done Kim Jongin! You’ve did it again! You scared the hell out of that boy. But it’s going to be fine because I’ll get him to talk to me. Kyungsoo. That was his name. The doe eyes and plump lips. I’ll definitely get you now.

A/N:

here you go guys! chapter 2. and if tonight's study session is successful, i'll reward you guys with chapter 3. hehe. enjoy. :)