FINAL

Dream Come True

It has been two years since the time they got together. And for their second anniversary, Kai told Kyungsoo that he don’t have to do anything for it because he already prepared something for the both of them. Since the time Kai”s relationship and his mother’s improved, both boys decided to formally introduce both their mothers. It was awkward at first because looking at how different the family backgrounds that both of them came from. But after a while, both mothers got along so well. They would go over to one another’s house and have tea or bake together and got to know one another since they claimed that they one day they will be in-laws. But up till today, Kai haven’t proposed to Kyungsoo YET.

 

Kyungsoo woke up and pouted when he realize that the younger didn’t send him a ‘happy anniversary baby’ text or something along the line. He ruffled his hair and head downstairs to have his breakfast. His mum beamed looking at her one and only son all pouty in the early morning of his second year anniversary with his boyfriend.

 

“Morning honey.” Mrs Do greeted the boy who just hummed in response.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong? You’re all pouty and grumpy in the morning of your second anniversary.” She continued.

 

“Kai hasn’t texted me a happy anniversary or tell me what are the plans for today.” The boy pouted.

 

“Everything will be fine, honey. He’ll call you soon.” His mum grinned looking at her son getting all mopey just over a text. Throughout the day, Kyungsoo spent his time watching sappy dramas and cursing Kai for not calling him or texting him. He don’t bother taking a shower since the time he woke up. Mrs Do just stood at the side watching her son behaving that way because she knew what kind of anniversary gift her son is getting and she knew that its worth it watching her son like this.

 

Kai’s POV:

 

My hands are all sweaty as I prepared all the important materials for the surprise second anniversary present that I prepared for my beloved Kyungsoo. I called Baekhyun to inform him that I am somewhat ready to pick my Kyungie from home. I then phoned Chanyeol, Suho and Sehun along with Luhan, Sehun’s Chinese boyfriend (yes, they got together without informing me first.) to ensure that the venue is ready. When I confirmed that everything was all prepared, I wore the suit that he bought for me for my 20th birthday.

 

After I was done, I grabbed the small purple velvet box and stuffed it into my blazer pocket and took my car keys and drove off to Kyungsoo’s apartment. When I reached his apartment, I was greeted by the ever so cheery Mrs Do. She smiled and gave me the questioning look and asked, “Are you ready for the biggest change in your life?” I just blushed at the way she described my surprise as. Just then, I saw Kyungsoo walking down the steps wearing just a simple dress shirt and jeans. Aish! This boy! I told him to wear something presentable but he never listens to me. But I just shrugged it off because looking at the expression that he was making, I knew he was mad at me for not calling him to wish him a happy anniversary. Hang in there baby because you’re going to get the most drastic change in your life. I smirked as I walked him to my car.

 

Once we reached the library (A/N: why the library? You guys will find out why later? ;)), I ushered him to the seat. We were eating peacefully when Kyungsoo suddenly put down his utensils and gave an exasperated sigh, “YOU KNOW WHAT JONGIN?! YOU’RE THE WORST BOYFRIEND THAT SOMEONE COULD EVER HAVE! HOW COULD YOU FORGET WHAT DAY IS TODAY?! AND YOU BROUGHT ME TO A FREAKING LIBRARY! HOW UNROMANTIC CAN YOU GET HUH?!” he hollered.

 

I came over to his side and told him to calm down and that this was just the beginning and we haven’t reached the yet. And before he could say anything more, I asked the waiter for a blindfold and tied it around his owl-like eyes. He was shocked and start protesting wanting that thing off his head. “Trust me, baby. In the end, all of this will be worth it.” I said as I led him to the familiar corner.

 

When we reached the corner, I removed the blindfold and told him to continue to keep his eyes closed as I stood in front of him holding his hands. When I told him to open his eyes, his hand immediately went to his mouth looking at the candles surrounding us making a full heart shape.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, you might be wondering what we are doing at the public library for our second anniversary right. Well, my reason is simple. Do you remember how I told you that I first laid my eyes on you at this very spot? That was the first time I saw the most beautiful boy on earth. And oh boy, you don’t know how my heart palpitate against my chest when I was given the chance to talk to you. I was even happier when I confessed my feelings for you at the rooftop and you happily said yes. Two years has passed so fast since that day and I couldn’t stop thanking the Heavens above for giving me a chance to meet an angel like you. You taught me how to love and also what it feels like to be with someone you truly adore. Kyungsoo-ah, when I went to the shop and bought this pair of ring, I thought to myself am I making the right decision? But after a while I knew that this was the right thing to do.”

 

I got down on one knee and opened the purple velvet box showing its contents. “Do Kyungsoo, will you marry me?”

 

His mouth constantly open and closed and before he slowly nodded his head giving me his left hand for me to slip the ring into his slim fingers. We shared a kiss full of emotions. Not one that was filled with lust but one filled with love. After that, we heard some cheering from around the library and we saw our friends standing there cheering. Kyungsoo’s eyes landed on his mother and he hugged her tightly as tears continuously flow down his cheeks.

 

Oh Lord, thank you for blessing me with this wonderful gift’ Kai thought.

 

Oh Lord, thank you for making my dream come true’ Kyungsoo thought.

 

And thank you for giving us the opportunity to be together forever.’ They thought.

 

THE END