Chapter 14

Dream Come True

Both Kai and Kyungsoo slowly walked to the nearest bus stop. It wasn’t awkward at all for the both of them as they enjoyed each others company. The air got chilly as winter was drawing near even though there was no sign of snowflakes falling down, Kyungsoo was secretly hoping that he could witness this year’s snowfall with someone who he could call HIS. it was his first time spending his winter and Christmas with someone special other than his family and friends. He did not realize that he was freezing till he felt his hand being tucked into Kai’s coat along with his hand. Kai passed him the other side of his gloves.

 

“I thought you might need this. You’re not wearing any.” Kai smiled. This is one of the rarest moments when Kai actually talked nicely without any constant flirting. Kyungsoo smiled and took the gloves and wear them. They stood that way till the bus arrived. Kyungsoo turned and ask Kai, “Aren’t you heading back home? This is the last bus. And you wont make it in time home later.

 

Kai sighed, “Its okay. Omma doesn’t care about me anyway.” He replied as he looked down at the pale fingers that are intertwined with his. he smiled at the fact that they are able to be like this together.

 

Kyungsoo cocked his head to the side and asked, “umm, Jongin-ah. If you don’t mind me asking you, what is wrong with your family?”

 

After saying that, he quickly added, “Err. Ah, i-its o-ok-okay if you don’t want to tell me. C-cause i-I was j-just c-curious.” Kai chuckled at Kyungsoo’s reaction.

 

“Nahh, its okay. I can tell you later or when I’m ready. Maybe tonight because I might have to stay over at your place tonight.” Kai smirked.

 

It was half an hour passed midnight when they arrived home. A worried Mrs Do appeared at the door. “Ohmyy, Kyungie! I thought you got lost and you didn’t make it home. I was going to call the police and tell them to search for you.” Mrs Do said while showering Kyungsoo’s face with kisses forgetting that Kai was watching the whole scene.

 

Kyungsoo pushed his mother away “Omma~ you’re embarrassing me you know that?” Kyungsoo whined. “Oh, and Kai will be staying over tonight because he took the trouble of sending me home and he missed the last bus out,” he continued.

“Aww, its okay. You can stay over. Treat that as a thank you gift for sending my baby boy home tonight,” Mrs Do said as she pinched Kyungsoo’s cheeks.

 

“Do the both of you need anything? Hot chocolate maybe? To freshen up?” She asked.

 

Both boys shook their heads and head to Kyungsoo’s room because they couldn’t use the other room as it was filled with some of Kyungsoo’s father’s things. Kyungsoo gave Kai his father’s old pair of pajamas that the old man didn’t wear anymore. He walked into the bathroom and changed. Lucky for him that the pajamas fit him nicely. And that when it hit him. ‘what happened to Kyungie’s father?’ he thought.

 

When he was done changing, he got out of the bathroom and noticed that Kyungsoo’s was shoved into his face. “Babe, what are you doing? Are you trying to seduce me?” he huskily whispered into Kyungsoo’s ears. Kyungsoo jumped from where he were and replied that he was preparing the sheets for Kai to sleep on.

 

The taller pouted at the thoughts of not being able to sleep next to his boyfriend even though he is staying over at his house. He folded the sheets again and put it to the side and held Kyungsoo hands while saying, “No. I am not sleeping on the floor with those sheets. I’m going to sleep on the bed with you.”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened in surprise. “I can tell you more things about myself that you never knew and I have a few things to ask of you too. And after we’re done, we can cuddle in bed till either one of us falls asleep. Tomorrow’s a weekend anyway.” Kai smiled.

 

He grabbed Kyungsoo hands as they made their way to the bed. Once Kai lay in bed, he opened his arms and offered Kyungsoo to sit in between his legs. Kyungsoo felt awkward in that position but he got used to it after awhile.

 

“So, where shall we start,” Kai hummed against Kyungsoo’s ears with his hands around the smaller’s waist.

 

“I don’t know about that. You decide.” Kyungsoo replied.

 

Kai sighed, “okay. I shall start from my childhood and up till now, the time that we’re cuddling before both of us go to bed.” He smiled.

 

“I come from a broken family, Kyungsoo-ah. My parents were happy before I turned four. Suddenly, one day, my dad came back home drunk and with another woman in tow. My mum got angry and the both of them got into a fight. I couldn’t remember what happened after that but I remembered that they didn’t talk to each other anymore. Until one day my mum had enough of all this and asked for a divorce. My dad regretted his actions and begged my mum to stay but she wouldn’t listen. He told her to think of me because I was barely four years old then and I had to go through all of this. They still divorced in the end and my mum gain custody over me. She brought me to Japan and we start a new life there together. I only remembered that I had to leave one of my best friends which is Oh Sehun. I had a hard time adapting to the surroundings in Japan. I don’t understand a single thing that they said. Things will get better when I was in my second year of elementary school, I thought. I thought we would be staying there forever. But no we didn’t. My mum met a wonderful man and we moved to the States. A ‘wonderful’ man she said. A few years into the marriage, he started beating her up and I would always see her crying herself to sleep. Her condition took a turn for the worst when he lost his job there. He comes home drunk and would force my mum into doing things that she doesn’t want to do. It took her some time to actually recover from the scars, both emotionally and mentally. When she saved enough money, we ran away from that despicable man and moved back to Korea. I hope that we’ll be staying here forever and maybe be happy once again, I guess. But the forever and happiness was never a part of my life dictionary. I was angry with my mum for awhile because she was an emotional wreck when we arrived back to Seoul. She still found a job for herself but there were times when she remembered the times that we were happy together with my biological father, she starts regretting. She would get herself drunk and she would drink her problems away. I was a rebel back then and didn’t want to go to school despite her pleas. I worked at the library; the one that you always go to. And that was where I met you.” Kai chuckled at the thought. He looked down and noticed that Kyungsoo was trying his best to stay awake.

 

“You still want me to continue?” the older nodded.

 

“I met you and found out the school that you attended. I applied to enter the school and met Sehun there again. I became friends with Chanyeol and Suho. I couldn’t be anymore happier than this. And my life took a turn when I met you and confessed and here we are cuddling in bed together.” Kai continued.

 

He tilted the older’s body so that he was facing him and grabbed hold of his hands.

 

“Kyungie, thank you for appearing before me five years ago. I am grateful. Trust me, I’m truly am. Thanks for allowing me in your life. And thanks for teaching me how to love and believing in forever and happiness once again.” Kai smiled as he rubbed soft comforting circles on the back of Kyungsoo’s hands. He brought the hand to his lips and kissed every knuckle there. He then brought the boy closer and pecked his lips.

 

“I know that you’re tired. You can sleep first. And tell me about yourself when we wake up neh?” He smiled and cuddled the boy to sleep. He smiled thinking about how blissful his life is right now.