The Man on the Corner (Daehyun)

B.A.P Oneshots

 

  I have to see her, just one more time. She doesn't need to know I was there, just as long as I know she's happy. 
 
  I walked down those streets, all too familiar in memory yet so foreign in the heart. My feet carried on, looking for the corner where I first saw you. 
 
  You're with someone else now, but I promised I'd always make sure you're happy. So I march on. 
 
  I find that spot, with our names that I carved in the corner tree. I look up to your window hoping to see your smile one last time. 
 
Waiting...it's the souls kryptonite. 
 
  I wait for what seems like hours, but I'd wait forever if I had to. Your curtain stirs, my breath hitches as I expect to see your soft face looking out the window at the evening sky. But it's not your face I see...
 
  It's your back being pressed against the window. My brows knit together in confusion. This isn't what I wanted to see, not this. I watch for a moment longer, eventually glad that I did. I see a hand as hit collides with your face...
 
  His hand
 
  I don't allow myself to think as my feet pull me across the street toward your place, running up the stairs as fast as I can and finally making it to your door. I stand there breathless for a second as I listen, with my ear pressed against the cold metal. 
 
  The sounds...they were too much. His voice, dark and menacing, made the anger boil up in my chest. The words his filthy mouth spewed toward you. My fists clench as I slam them against the door. 
 
 I have no intention of holding back when that door opens. 
 
  Click, click, entrance is granted as soon as the door cracks. I force it open, finding his face laced with hideous drunken anger and my fist collides with all the force I can muster. He falls back, giving an opening for me to continue pummeling his face. I don't stop myself, my fists flying, anger being released. 
 
  Then I feel it
 
  Your hand on my arm
 
  I stop and look at you, chest heaving, body shaking, palms sweaty. 
 
  You plead with your eyes and I step back, watching you. Then you do the one thing I was missing all this time. Your arms wrap around me and I can't believe you're back in my arms. 
 
  "Daehyun...I missed you..." your voice was faint and shaky. My face falls a little at how small you sounded. I hold you close and burry my face in your neck, taking in your scent. 
 
"I missed you too _____, more than you know" 
 
------------------------------------
 
  A song fic of "The Man that Won't Leave" (I think that's what it's called >.<) for my special dongsaeng Enieez. ~<3 sorry it took so long saeng!!