SuperGuk to the Rescue (Yongguk)

B.A.P Oneshots

 

  Another day in this prison people like to call high school. The hallways buzzed with voices and navy-blue uniforms, with the only other source of color coming from the different multicolored book bags slung over shoulders.  
 
  My feet were light and swift as I rushed to my locker while trying not to be trampled. I'm not the strongest person in the world, hence why I have a difficult time pushing through the crowds. 
 
  Code, switch out books, leave. 
 
  That's my mission everyday, trying to be as invisible as possible. I make a bee line strait for the big double doors after making sure my locker was their proof. 
 
  One, two, three, out. 
 
  The last rays of sun were there to welcome me to freedom as they kissed my cheeks. I pulled the straps to my bag higher onto my shoulders as it carried the boulder called text books in its belly. I had almost made it to the front gates when I was suddenly yanked back, causing me to lose balance and totter backward. As I hit the ground the eruption of girly  laughter surrounded me making my eardrums ring. I stood, fixing my glasses as I balanced my wobbly legs. 
 
"Kim ______, you're so adorable when you fall off balance. Lets see you do it again!" a soft, but relatively  strong hand shoved my shoulder back causing the same familiar sensation in my stomach as I hit the ground. Eventually others wanted in on the game and a small crowd formed around me of both male and female students. 
 
  They enjoyed their little playtime with their favorite puppet every day. I could feel bruises starting to form as their hands took turns shoving me in different directions. Somewhere along the lines my book bag was ripped from my shoulders and my glasses went flying. I couldn't see any further than an inch in front of me. 
 
  The never ceasing laughter rang through my head as tears stung my eyes. Suddenly there was a loud shout; a low, raspy voice I didn't recognize was cussing and threatening the little audience. The shoving stopped suddenly as I let my now exhausted body fall, landing on my knees in a sitting position. My arms laying limply at my sides as tears streamed down my face. 
 
  A blurry figure walked over and knelt down in front of me. 
 
"Hey, you okay?" the voice sounded concerned. That wasn't something I heard from a fellow student on a regular basis. 
 
"Who are you?" I squinted in a futile attempt to see his face. But my sight only became more blurry, the tears didn't help much. He chuckled before standing up. He picked up my bag from the ground, then I felt a hand grab mine and pull me to my feet. 
 
"Your glasses are broken...I'll walk you home. Just tell me what street." he led me, slowly, off campus as I have directions,"To answer your question from earlier...I'm Bang Yongguk. We have a few classes together."
 
 Bang Yongguk? He's the quiet kid who sits in the back of every class with a deadly scowl on his face, right, why was he helping me? We've never even spoken before. 
 
"Ah...thank you Yongguk-ssi, for helping me." we walked in silence for a few minutes, letting somewhat of an awkwardness to settle. When he finally spoke it startled me a bit. 
 
"How do you do it?" I looked in his direction in confusion, still only seeing fuzzy images. 
 
"What do you mean?" he was silent for a second like he had to contemplate his next words. 
 
"How do you put up with all that -" he stuttered and cleared his throat," All that crap those kids put you through?" 
 
  I contemplated for a moment, considering why he would even care enough to ask. 
 
"Well...I really can't fight back. I don't know how...and I'm too weak anyway." I let out a small chuckle at how pitiful I really was. 
 
"Of course you can fight back! I'll teach you how! You'll be able to beat their asses in no time!" I was in total shock. Did the school bad- just offer me fighting lessons? He suddenly stopped talking and awkwardly chuckled, he must have seen my mouth dropped for a second. 
 
  We got to my house just as the angry clouds that started to form began their weeping. Standing under the over ledge of the roof Yongguk handed me my bag. 
 
"Here, be careful with this monster. It's really heavy, I'm surprised you haven't broken your back yet." both throats emitting a low chuckle before another awkward silence settled. Yongguk cleared his throat, signaling his goodbye was coming. 
 
"So, about those fighting lessons...Would you want to meet up after school?" his voice sounded somewhat hopeful that I would say yes. 
 
"Sure, that sounds great." I smiled brightly and nodded. I could tell he was smiling when he spoke again. 
 
"Great, so I'll see you tomorrow then" before I could comprehend what happened I felt warm lips press against my cheek and heard quick footsteps walking through the puddles down the front walkway. I touched my tingling cheek as my face got hot. A huge smile formed as I grabbed my stuff and carried it inside. 
 
"Yea...I'll see you tomorrow..."