Element 5: New Relations

I Have to Win

 

[Yoseob’s POV]


 

            ‘Un-in-believable. I can’t believe I’m riding in a car with my worst enemy.’ It felt like I was in the midst of a nightmare. I thought about earlier that morning, and how I actually agreed to train DJ. ‘Why did I say yes?’




 

            “Bwoh?” I asked as the black haired stood to his feet.

            “It’s not that complicated,” He said rudely. “Clearly I underestimated you. You must be doing something that I’m not getting, some sort of training that I’m not doing. Show me.”

            “Tch,” I clicked my teeth, walking away from the jackass in front of me. “I've neither reason nor desire to help you, so go away.”

            He pushed my door open further, barging into my room. “Do you know how hard it was for me to come here? You’re the last person I’d wanna ask for help-”

            “And you’re the last person I’d want to help.”

            I walked back into my room, lying down on my bed. “Why not sweep up what’s left of your pride and get lost. I beat you. It’s just a loss. Deal with it.”

            “I can’t lose any more.” He punched my door, leaving a hole. “I’ve worked too hard to let all I’ve trained for be taken away from some punk kid.”

            “Insulting me. Wow. That’s exactly how you can get me to help you.” I remarked, dripping with sarcasm. “Winning isn’t everything.”

            “It is to me.” He calmed down, taking a deep breath. It was the first time I saw a hint of vulnerability in the dark elemental’s eyes. “I have my reasons.”

            I sighed, getting up from my bed. “I don’t like you. You don’t like me. If I train you, what’s in it for me?”

            “Anything you want.”





 

            ‘Anything you want.’

            Aish. I can’t believe I agreed to this. I can’t stand people like DJ that expect everyone to bend to their will. He’s obsessed with winning, but I could care less. I sighed. ‘He better make good on his side of the deal.’



 

           


 

[Doojoon’s POV]



 

            “Turn left up ahead.”

            I followed YangYo’s directions as I drove down a basic suburban road. I had no idea where he was leading me, but I didn’t have the option of asking, not when he was doing me a favor. I never expected him to agree so easily, and for such a simple price. I’m not sure what his angle was but I wasn’t going to question it, as long as I could regain my title in the ring.

            “Pull into this parking lot.”

            I drove into a dirt parking lot, and pulled up next to a tree. The blonde brat unfastened his seatbelt and leapt out of the passenger’s seat before I climbed out the driver’s side. I locked up my car before taking a look at my surroundings. Before me was a heavily forested park. The trees were really tall and seemed to shield the entire area.

            “Where are we?” I asked the kid.

            “Stick with me or you’ll get lost.” He headed into the park and I followed.

            “Oi!” I followed, a bit annoyed by his attitude. “You could at least answer my question.”

            He sighed as he continued walking. “You know about the ‘Great Taming’ of 2520, right?”

            “Of course,” I answered. “Due to the virus released into the atmosphere in 2503, elementals were being born. To restrict their powers, any child harboring the virus was sent to isolated cities. In 2520, elementals began to rebel, but police fought to get us under control. The war between the two factions was known as the Great Taming.” I sighed after reciting my knowledge of elemental history. “What does that have to do with anything?”

            The brat took a deep breath. “Before the Great Taming, this park was one of the most beautiful in Seoul. But during that war period, it was a hideaway for a few elemental refugees that escaped the isolated cities. Certain elementals with wood and earth powers sealed it off with trees, and the area made the perfect camp, as well as training ground. Now that the wars are over, this park was long since abandoned. However, a few elementals discovered it.”

            He pushed aside a branch, revealing a small clearing filled with wooden equipment. “And now, we use it as our training grounds.”

            “Wow,” I walked inside. “A place like this exists.”

            “Only to a few of us, so if you blow the secret, I’ll kill you.”

            I nodded, looking around. I couldn’t figure out what kind of training I’d be doing in a place like this but I was sure I could take whatever the brat threw at me.

            “Fhweeeew” Yoseob whistled, and a black winged boy flew down from the top of a large tree. He ran his hand through his red hair before retracting his wings into his back. With one glance, I immediately recognized him as a previous opponent of mine.

            “Yoseob-hyung,” He greeted the shorter blonde. “What brings you here on a Saturday?” He then turned to me, narrowing his eyes. “And what the hell is DJ doing here?”

            Yoseob sighed. “Hey, HakYeon.  I’m training this desperate idiot today so I need your help setting up some things.”

            “I’M NOT DESPERATE!” I yelled and the brat simply smirked at my annoyance.

            “You! You’re training the legendary DJ?” The red haired elemental retorted. “Well I’ll be damned.” He looked me over a few times before I shrugged him off.

            “Back up, N,” I responded.

            “So you do remember my nom de guerre,” The boy smirked.

            “I never forget any opponent I respect.” I sighed.

            Both Yoseob and the red haired N seemed a bit taken back by my words. Guess neither of them saw me to show respect to any other elemental fighter, but they couldn’t be more wrong about me.

            “Fine, fine,” Yoseob spoke up. “HakYeon, go get the river set up, please.”

            “Sure thing, Hyung,” N’s wings emerged from his back and he took off towards the river.

            “Ok, DJ. Let’s get started.”





 

[Junhyung’s POV]


 

            “Junhyung!”

            I groaned in exhaustion.

            “Junhyung!”

            I rolled over, keeping my eyes shut.

            “WAKE UP, HYUNG!”

            My eyes snapped open, to see my orange-haired little brother standing over my bed, holding my Nano-holo in his hand.

            “Ilhoon! What do you want?” I groaned sitting up on my bed.

            “It’s already noon, and Dongwoon-hyung’s already done all your chores, lazy-.” He tossed my holographic watch phone at me, sticking his tongue out. “Plus, your nano-holo’s been ringing nonstop since 11:45.”

            I smirked, blowing my hair out of my eyes before looking at my younger brother. Using my ice breath, a formed a frozen patch on the ground beneath his feet and my annoyed dongsaeng fell to his .

            “Yah!” He huffed in annoyance as I ruffled his hair and walked passed him. “You’re lucky mom didn’t see that!”

            “I know. I know,” I rolled my eyes at my cute dongsaeng. I love Ilhoon, especially with the fact that he keeps quiet to our parents about me being an elemental fighter. They’d never approve of me using my powers like I do, and they always tell Ilhoon and I to lay low as elementals, not that we really listen. Ilhoon is the only one in this family that understands me.

           

            I walked to the bathroom, looking at my reflection in the mirror. I smirked looking at my messy hair. ‘Hyunseung would probably laugh at the way I look right now.’ I mentally slapped myself, catching my strange thoughts.

            I splashed my face with cool running water before turning away from the mirror and drying my face with a towel. ‘Why the hell do I care what Hyunseung thinks of me. Aish.’

            I grabbed my Nano-holo off the countertop, taking a look at the list of missed calls I received, all from an unknown number. Doojoon wouldn’t call me when he was in training mode and Dongwoon was staying at my place so who could possibly be calling.

            I was about to call back when the ringtone on my Nano-holo went off once more. I placed a small Bluetooth in my ear and hit the answer phone button on my watch. A holographic image appeared in front of me of smiling, red-haired, doe eyed boy.

            “Hyunseung?!” I quickly dried my face and tidied up my hair as best I could. The 4D boy chuckled as I returned to the screen, still in my undershirt and boxers.

            “H-How do you have this number,” I stuttered nervously.

            “You gave it to me, remember?”

            “Oh yeah,” I sighed. It’s unbelievable how clumsy I’ve become talking to Hyunseung. I had no idea why this guy makes me so awkward. “So anyway, what’s up?”

            “Oh yeah, the reason I called.” He paused for a second, thinking before continuing. “I’m gonna be at Marronnier Park with Kikwang today, and since I remember you saying you don’t live too far, I thought you’d like to join us.”

            “Sure I’m free; but why are you going to Marronnier Park?” I asked, still trying to straighten my purple locks.

            “Well, Kikwang likes to run and exercise. We were gonna dance and exercise as well as spar, and stuff. Oh yeah, I brought a picnic. There’s Coca-Cola too.”

            “Coke?” My eyes lit up. “Definitely count me in!” I ran out of the bathroom, not bothering to hang up the Nano-holo in my hand.  ‘A picnic with Hyunseung!’

            I had no idea why I was so excited. Maybe it was the promise of my favorite drink. ‘A day in the park, just me and Hyunseung... and that Kikwang fellow.’ It was at that moment another thought arose in my head. I sighed, remembering I wasn’t alone today either.

            “Hyunseung?” I held up my Nano-holo, realizing the doe-eyed prince was still on the other line. “I forgot; I have Dongwoon over today.”

            “Bring him with you,” Hyunseung said without hesitation. “The more the merrier.”

            “Dongwoon’s there?” I heard a voice in the background of Hyunseung’s end. I decided to ignore it.

            “Are you sure? I mean, you barely know him.” I asked.

            “And you barely know Kikwang,” Hyunseung responded. “But he’s coming.”

            “Bring Dongwoon,” the voice in the background yelled. “I wanna talk to him!”

            I sighed. “Alright, alright, we’ll meet you in an hour.”

            “See you soon,” Hyunseung waved before hanging up.

[Dongwoon’s POV]


 

            Because of the previous night’s matches, I had stayed the night at Junhyung’s. Normally I’d stay with Doojoon but he’s far too moody when he loses.

            Junhyung was in a good mood as we walked into Marronnier Park. He told me he had a friend meeting them there and asked me to come along. I’ll admit I was a bit nervous. I rarely met any of Junhyung’s friends. I preferred separating myself from him on the surface so less people would recognize me as Son Nam Shin.

            “So, who are we meeting, Hyung?”

            “Just a couple of friends? You’ve sort of met them before.” He smiled keeping his eyes on the sidewalk.

            I met them before? Now I was really confused. The only of Junhyung’s friends I had met was Jung Yonghwa, a classmate of his and Doojoon’s, and Junhyung’s brother Ilhoon. We left Ilhoon behind at Junhyung’s house, so we had to be meeting Yonghwa. But why did Junhyung say “they?”

            Junhyung stopped in a grassy field looking around him. “They should be here by now.”

            I sighed when out of the corner of my eye I saw someone appear behind him and tap his shoulder. As he spun around, I caught a glimpse of his companion. ‘You’ve got to be kidding me.’

            “Hyunseung!” Junhyung smiled at the red-haired Prince Jang. ‘Unbelievable. Joker his hanging out with our enemies?’

            “Dongwoon,” Junhyung smiled at me. “I’d like to introduce you to Jang Hyunseung.”

            I narrowed my eyes. ‘Is Junhyung crazy?’

            “Nice to meet you,” the weird prince smiled.

            I sighed, introducing myself. “Hi...I’m Son Dongwoon.”

            Hyunseung continued to smile. For a boy, he was very pretty. He seemed innocent enough. It was too bad that he was associated with that Lee Kikwang.

            “Son Dongwoon!”

            ‘Speak of the devil.’ I cringed hearing my name as a short, cheery little elemental ran up to me.

            “Hey, Woonie, glad you made it.” He smiled and I clenched my fist.

            “I’m not moving in with you!” I yelled, garnering the attention of Junhyung and the doe-eyed prince.

            “Move in with me?” Kikwang asked a bit confused before it finally hit him. “Oh, that’s why you’ve been so cold to me. Dongwoon, this is a misunderstanding. Can we talk?”

            I sighed. As much as I didn’t like Lee Kikwang, I at least owed it to him to talk. He did save me from those bullies after all. “Fine.”

            He then grabbed my wrist pulling me away from the Junhyung and Hyunseung. ‘Aish, this guy’s annoying.’



 

[Kikwang’s POV]


 

            I led Dongwoon to a park bench, away from Hyunseung and Junhyung. I sat down and ushered for him to sit next to me. I couldn’t help but feel a bit embarrassed. I didn’t mean to offend him.

            “Dongwoon, I’m sorry,” I immediately said, earning his attention. “When I asked you to move in with me, I was just rushing into things. I tend to do that a lot, which explains why my last girlfriend dumped me. Guess I shouldn’t have pulled out a wedding ring on our first date.”

            I noticed Dongwoon chuckle a bit under his breath and I knew that I had made a much better impression.

            “Well it’s true, I am looking for a new roommate, but I don’t want you to feel like you have to move in with me. I mean, come on, we just met, right?” I smiled looking up and the confused high school boy.

            Dongwoon sighed. “I guess I overreacted.”

            I nodded. “But I do want to help you with that bully problem of yours. Someone like you shouldn’t have to deal with punks like Block B.”

            “But why do you care so much about that?” He asked.

            “Cause I like you!”

            I could see heat rising to the brunette boy’s cheeks and I could immediately tell he once again misunderstood me. “I mean, I like your personality. You seem like a really cool person, Dongwoon and I wanna get to know you, better.”

            He sighed, leaning back on the bench. “Oh. Ok.”

            I stood up, “So how about I use today to teach you some moves that you can use on the surface. Block B will never know what hit them.”



 



 

Wow, 44 subscribers and 1000+ views! 

 

I'M SOOO HONORED!!

 

 

I'll do my best to get these updates out faster

 

(I had to split this chapter in half because it was too long so the other half will be out soon)

 

 

COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, AND UPVOTE~