Punck Drunk Love

Misconceptions of You and Me

Wearily clicking the blue lighted ‘off’ button of the instant coffee maker; Yoona detached her cream white mug out of it. Her thoughts were fleeting away to her mindless worries and wordless whispers that kept replaying in the back of her head. Cupping her mug of coffee in both her hands she brought it up to her quivering lips to blow onto the hot coffee.

Sighing to herself; Yoona perched on to the kitchen counter in the kitchen with a blank mind. There was so many things occupied in her mind but they were blocked by this thin layer of blankness; that was almost making her into a zombie. Donghae who had then walked into the kitchen he saw his younger sister zoning out; she had been like that since last week and he wanted to know why.

Donghae very well knew that Yoona wasn’t much of a bright bubbly person in whole; she was relatively quiet, cold and anti-social however he was definite that his sister wasn’t someone who kept zoning out or getting cooped in the house. She had been on ‘medical leave’ for almost five days already and yet she’s not opening about what happened.

“Zoning out again?”

The sudden appearance of her elder brother brought her back to reality as she gave a weak smile to her brother.

“Coffee?” –she held out her mug to Donghae; who just shook his head a little.

“Sis, you know; sometimes it’s our mind that complicates those small and simple things?”- He sat on the kitchen island, with his legs dangling; opposite Yoona.

Sighing, Yoona looked at her brother; she should have known that her brother could read her like a book.

“I know” she nodded a little feeling depressed. “But I just can’t seem to get a clear picture of what’s going on around me. Do you know how frustrating it really is oppa?”

“Then stop trying to find them out” replying bluntly, Donghae got himself a blazing glare from Yoona who was slowly getting infuriated.

“Seriously?! Why can’t you actually take life seriously for once?”

“What have you achieved or seen in life by being so serious? You only get more stressed and more stress equals to more pimples!”

Donghae’s abrupt and random comment only got Yoona to frown a little as she touched her face a little feeling a little feeling self-conscious.

“I do not have pimples!”

A chuckle erupted from Donghae’s throat; his baby sister was apparently not getting the point here. He jumped down from the table and walked over Yoona and stood beside her; perching on the counter.

“Listen snow white….life is the most interesting game in the world”

“Game?” Yoona cringed at the pet name he always used on her but nevertheless; managed to keep a straight face.

“Life is the only game that you can never predict what’s going to happen the next second.” He waited for Yoona to take in all the information before continuing. 

“So when you can’t even envisage what’s going to happen one second later; why do you have to get so stressed and depressed thinking of something isn’t that complicated?”

Yoona just smiled a little as she looked at her reliable elder brother, before nodding.

“Thanks oppa”

Ruffling Yoona’s hair he smiled, getting satisfied with the results. “Just a ‘thank you’? Come give your oppa a hug snow white”

Yoona’s eyes widened a little as she placed the coffee mug on the counter before rushing off feeling embarrassed with her brother’s behavior.

“I’m not a child oppa! Stop embarrassing me!” she screamed a little, amusement clearly surfacing in her tone as she ran away from her brother who seemed to enjoy teasing her.

MINHO’s POV

It’s been almost five days since she last came to work; had I actually frightened her to that extend. The fear in her eyes I saw the last time I dropped her back home kept haunting me. Her eyes were piercing with fear and consciousness.

I just cannot control myself when she’s by my side; there was somehow this siren churning in my heart when she looks at me in the eyes. But that wasn’t the problem; the real problem was that I could now feel sadness slowly seeping away from my system; anger had somehow started to take over. This was not good; not good for her at least. I didn’t want to hurt her but; she was pushing me over the edge.

At this rate, bad things were going to happen. There was a breaking point inside everyone and I’m just a tint far from breaking from consciousness. Useless and unproductive thoughts were cramping my throbbing head, that pain was constantly blurring my vision with tears. I was too preoccupied by the burning pain I didn’t realize that someone had entered my office but then I heard the voice I was dying to hear. That sweet voice that drove me crazy.

“Minho-shi?”- looking up at her; I saw something different about her. There was something about her that definitely changed but I just couldn’t figure what it really was.

One….there was a particularly luring twinkle in her eyes; those eyes were calling me in, to fall into the pit of endless darkness. Two… she was smiling; I wasn’t even sure that if I should be surprised or shocked to see that. Did something happen to her within these five days of my absence in her life?

It felt as if I got punched real hard on the face, there was a certain kind of pain at the side of by head as a dreamy haze strode across my brain and vision.

“Minho-shi!! Are you okay?!” I saw a hand waving right in front of my face but I just couldn’t snap out of it.

NO ONE’s POV

Getting a little freaked out and uncomfortable by her boss’s long stare; Yoona slightly waved her hand before Minho’s face. However that attempt wasn’t even helping a little as he kept staring at her as if she was a ghost.

“Yah lamppost!”

This time Minho snapped from his trance as liquid thickness of his iris glowed his longingness and despair before changing in to pure irritation and anger.

“You’re fired, get lost!” snapping  in a tone more cruel that he intended; he immediately tried to make himself busy with unimportant things; he turned his attention back to his mac book, without giving a look at Yoona.

“Fired?” blinking twice she tried to incorporate the situation before getting stunned by Minho’s sudden coldness. “Why!! I was on medical leave”

Not turning back his attention to Yoona; he frowned with a pucker on his lips.

“You always wanted to quit right? This is your chance, runaway before it’s really too late

Getting phased by the sudden accusation; Yoona’s eyes started to tear up a little. It was true that she had always wanted to quit but she wasn’t expecting him to just agree with that idea and really fire her. Minho on the other hand was giving Yoona the ‘I don’t give a damn’ face; but seconds later his fort broke down into pieces as he sighed; sensing his other half’s distress.

“If you want to continue working here…” he paused a little before grabbing a thick blue file and threw it in front on the table; creating a loud bang sound as the table shook a little. “File and sort them out by tonight.”

Yoona looked at the file on the table as her eyes enlarged a little; sorting them out by the end of the day wouldn’t be impossible.

“but-”

“No but(s), do it if you really want to stay”

Yoona sighed feeling defeated as she took the thick and heavy file into her arms and meekly walking back to her cubicle. Minho who was acting as if he was working on his mac book; immediately slammed shut his mac book with a loud thud.

“Was I too harsh?” talking to himself in distress, it didn’t take long for him fold his arms on the table and go to sleep. He was such a responsible and busy boss :P

Hours went by as Yoona cooped herself in her small work place burying herself in the un-ending work load. Minho was just enjoying his view of his lover that was very much in stress. She looked lovely and gorgeous even with that deep frown and dull, tired face.

his dry lips a little; Minho stood up from his seat to call her out for lunch. It was already past lunch time but she hadn’t lifted her of the chair, knowing her well; Minho knew that her stomach would be groaning in hunger. Even though he was still angry with her; he didn’t want her to ruin her health.

Just when Minho was about to reach to the door; he saw one of his staff a male stuff to be specific entering Yoona’s room. Getting a closer look at the guy; Minho’s eyes became a few shades darker as patrons of dark and evil thoughts started framing in his head.

Kris on the other end was oblivious of his jealous boss as he straddled around Yoona’s cubicle. With a mocking smirk on his face he raised both his brows; greeting Yoona in the process.

“I bought you lunch babe” – he placed the Styrofoam pack on her table as he looked around her very messy desk.

“Thanks dude”, giving Kris back a small smile; she turned back her attention to her work.

“What’s going on here? I thought that boss wouldn’t allow his beautiful secretary work these much?!” –amusement thick in his voice as he chuckled upon seeing his colleague suddenly glowering at him.

“Minho-shi just passed his bad mood virus to me; so just get lost alright”

“Bad mood huh? Alright babe good luck; call me if you need any help.” He bestowed before Yoona’s hair a little and ----

Minho on the other hand was fuming with anger as he slammed back to his chair; feeling cheated and disturbed. The thought of another man touching Yoona was revolting as a burning pain started building in his chest. If he could lock Yoona somewhere away from any other male species; he would do that without regretting.

Playing with the pen in his hand; his blood pressure was rising as unintentionally he started scribbling on a piece of document. The pressure he forced on it started to imprint on the few pages beneath it as he didn’t stop scribbling violently on the paper. His eyes didn’t leave the both of them; particularly Yoona as the green ink filled the document with angry doodles.

The green colored ink; was portraying his strong sense of wrongness as the possessiveness and the need to own Yoona layered over anger and a certain feeling that couldn’t be named by words. The very second Minho saw Kris patting Yoona on her head and slowly bringing down his hand to slightly pat her right cheek; he pressed the pen on his hand onto the paper, tearing the paper and breaking the nib of the pen at the same time.

His eyes turned back to its unusual green color as stomped out of his office and didn’t return back. The day broke and somehow the long day came to an end; it was almost nine at night but Yoona hadn’t left. She was determined to finish up her work to make her arrogant boss eat his words back.

By the time it was nine-thirty she finished her work and headed to hoping that Minho had gone home by this time. Yoona slowly strode to her boss’s office room along the lonely dark corridor; a strange feeling started to engulf her as she fastened her pace.

The spot lights on the corridor flickered continuously like the first scene of any horror movie. Suddenly a dark shadow ran across her causing Yoona to stop breathing for a second.  Yoona dropped the thick file in her hands and stuttered a few steps back; hyperventilating in the process. The thick sound of her high heels echoed through the corridor as she tried running her way from her biggest nightmare.

Her eyes widened as she saw the smoke of black fog blowing towards her direction.  It looked as if it was going to swallow her in whole. Suddenly she heard the familiar voice, pulling her to an un-visible corner.

Do not fight me.. Come to me Yoona~ Stop running; your chance is gone….

The voice pulled her in like a magnet as she found her body walking on its own towards; Minho’s office room.  Her sight went pitch black as her legs went forward towards the un-ending pitch of blackness.

After a few seconds she felt a different atmosphere struck here the same gut feeling she got the other at the haunted house.  The lights of her office room; were turned off but there was someone in the room; Yoona could feel a certain presence.

The wanton boss chair was turned to the back; showing Yoona the back of the wide leather chair. Someone was sitting there and she could only hope that it was her boss trying to play a stupid prank on her.

“Minho-shi, is that you?”

When there wasn’t any response she walked towards the chair that seemed to be occupied someone. With shaking hands Yoona reached out to turn the chair, but when her hands were an inch away from the chair…

The chair started turning rounds; on it’s on, slowly it took up speed as the chair its own accord in top speed; making Yoona brush away any hope that the chair was moving by the help of the wind.

Yoona didn’t take a second to react to the situation as she started to run out of the room. This was not a nightmare it was not fake. She started running towards the open door but as she was a few steps away from the door; to her biggest fear the door closed shut with a loud ‘bang’.

“Open….open!!...OPEN!!!” – she started jerking on the door knob that was locked as she banged on the thick door calling for help.

“Help!!! HELP!!! Someone open the door! Open the door!”

Tears started flowing down her cheeks as she felt a heavy weight weighing her down and eventually pushing to the floor. Yoona felt a heavy person sitting on her as she turned her head back to see the person who was literally sitting over her flat position.

“Get off me!!! Get off!! HELP!!! HELP!!!” – the person had both his legs across the lower torso of her body; locking her between both of his long legs.

The person pressed down Yoona’s right cheek to the expensive carpet on the ground with his large hand, hurting her in the process.

“Please let me go…I’ll give you anything!” –she shouted at the unknown form that felt so familiar.

The scent, the weight, the certain body temperature, the specific breathing pace….. it felt so familiar. The man then brought his face to the side of Yoona’s face; to her left ear whispering his words ever so softly.

“There’s always a limit to everything… don’t make me do things; that’s not necessary”

“Who are you!?”

“Don’t you remember me cupcake…” –the airy voice made Yoona cringe and cry more; she was going to die in the hands of some physco.

“I will kill him~ and that to in front of your very own eyes…”

“Please…”

Yoona felt her heart tightened a little as she went out of breathe as she gasped for air; trying her best not to pass out.. she didn’t want to die; not like this at least.

“I will kill him!”

The voice became softer as Yoona closed her teary eyes from the lack of oxygen. She passed out to find herself get tangled up by nothing but more darkness…. This was not it, this wasn’t what she really wanted.

The man just smiled at the girl under him; who had just passed out. He loved to see her this way, quiet, right beside him and away from everything else including life.

“Don’t try to fight cupcake, because you cannot win me~” he leaned down a little at the tiny figure below him and kissed her beautiful ear several times. 

 

Don't know if it's a good chapter but hoped you guys liked it...please leave a comment and please check out my new story 'the doll house'. Bye:)  

">http://