Reunion

Into Another World

7/23/11

Woo! I kept my promise :P Although this chapter is also kind of short compared to my other ones.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

            Bom and Youngbae were sitting on the grass fields, watching the wass munching on their food. They were waiting for their friends to arrive, keeping an eye on the place that both of them had arrived before.

          “So, I’ve been meaning to ask you,” Bom started. “How did you know that they will arrive today?”

            “Well, when you arrived, I had the same nightmare,” Youngbae shrugged.
It’s pretty simple, actually.”

            “Really?” Bom was curious. “What nightmare?”

            “I dreamt about the day the curse was cast on me,” Youngbae looked down, recalling the painful memory. He looked back up at Bom. “You know, I’m not sure if you’ve already guessed this, but I already knew that the Vidle would be after you. It was actually part of the curse; if any of my friends came to help me, those friends would be put in danger.”

            “Is that why Seungri never mentioned your name?” Bom asked.

            He nodded. “It was my last request. I didn’t want you guys getting hurt because of me, especially when the person who will hurt you guys is so powerful.”

            Bom stayed silent, so Youngbae continued. “In a way, I didn’t really want you to come here. Even though seeing you made me so happy, I knew that you were going to be hurt sooner or later. I was afraid that I wouldn’t be strong enough to protect you.”

            Without thinking, Bom placed her hand on Youngbae’s thigh. “Well, I don’t regret anything. Actually, I regret not coming here sooner. It’s very gallant of you to act as a martyr and stay here so your friends don’t get hurt, but I would have liked to come over and give you a nice whack on the head.”

            Youngbae turned to Bom, surprised. “So you want to get hurt?”

            “It’s not like I want to get hurt,” Bom had the urge right now to whack him on the head. “But if I had the choice, I wouldn’t just sit there and do nothing. If it was to save a friend, I would’ve done anything.”

            Not knowing what to say, Youngbae turned his head away. He knew Bom was being too rash, but he still appreciated her words. “Thanks.”

            Bom smiled, understanding the context of Youngbae’s appreciation. She suddenly realized where her hand was, so she quickly took it away, embarrassed.

            “Uh, hehe,” she tried to lighten up the atmosphere. “So are you excited to see your friends again?”

            “Of course,” Youngbae nodded. “It’ll be interesting to see how they’ve changed.”

            “Which one are you looking forward to seeing the most?” Bom nudged his elbow, raising her eyebrows. Youngbae looked at her with a blank face. “Oh, come on! There must be someone.”

            “I guess it’ll be nice to see Dara again,” he replied, turning his attention back to the spot ahead of them.

            “Did you, by any chance, like her?” Bom blocked his view by positioning her face in front of his.

            Youngbae leaned his head back, blushing. “No! It’s just that she’s the one that I haven’t seen in the longest amount of time.”

            “Ohhh,” Bom giggled. Youngbae is so fun to tease. “Hate to break it to you, but she’s taken. Jiyong and Dara are dating.”

            “Not surprising,” Youngbae shrugged. “They were kind of, I don’t know how to say this, meant to be.”

            “You think so too, huh?” Bom agreed. “Yeah, I feel the same way about Seungri and Chaerin, even though Chaerin is adamant about liking Jiyong.”

            “So Seungri has unrequited love?” Youngbae laughed. “I never saw that one coming.”

            “Yeah,” Bom smiled bitterly. “Well, it’s not that uncommon in our group of friends. Jiyong had to fight long and hard for Dara’s affections.”

            “So you like someone as well?” Youngbae asked softly after reading her expression. “An unrequited love?”

            Bom nodded as she lied down on the grass. “Yeah, I have my share.”

 

                                    :::::::::

           

            “They’re here! They’re here!”

            Chaerin groaned and turned to her side. Who’s talking so early in the morning? And why is this bed so hard?

            She suddenly felt a hand on her waist. A person? Why am I in bed with another person? She quickly opened her eyes and sat up. Looking around, Chaerin saw her friends all sleeping around her. Seungri adjusted his position after Chaerin knocked his hand off her waist. Where is this?

            “Chaerin!” a shout came from behind. Chaerin turned around and saw two figures approaching her. Oh yeah, Bom.

            Getting up quickly, Chaerin ran toward the female figure. “Bom! I’m so sorry!”

            They hugged. It’s so nice to see my best friend again. After separating, Chaerin looked at Bom from head to toe. “How have you been?”

            Bom laughed. “Pretty good, thanks!”

            Chaerin looked over at the male figure standing next to Bom. He had jet black hair and mysteriously dark eyes. “You must be Youngbae.”

            He nodded, smiling. “It’s nice to see you again.”

            Chaerin laughed. “Definitely.”

            “Youngbae?” Chaerin heard Seungri from over her shoulder. He must have woken up. She looked back and saw Seungri walk hesitantly forward. After getting a clear view of Youngbae’s face, Seungri laughed and quickly walked the rest of the way. “Sorry for breaking my promise, man. But I thought this was the best time.”

            “No worries,” Youngbae threw an arm around Seungri’s shoulder and ruffled Seungri’s spiky hair. “I expected you would do something like this.”

            Chaerin and Bom smiled at their childish act. As Jiyong and Dara were rushing toward the rest of the group, Chaerin turned to Bom. “It’s such a weird feeling, like I’m having déjà vu.”

            Turning to see Jiyong and Dara greet Youngbae, Chaerin smiled. “I haven’t been this happy in years.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Dywooki: Thanks! And I'll try my best to keep it up:P I'll be starting summer school soon, so I won't have as much time to update :( But don't worry! The story will have an ending, sooner or later. XD