End of the Journey

Into Another World

3/29/12

Hey guys! Just a short filler chappie for today:) There is a bit of daragon at the end, and there will be more in the next chapter, which I will post tomorrow!


            After dispelling the River of Undead, the six friends decided to stay in the Land of Gin for a while longer in order to restock and earn more money. They worked for two more days, and on the third day, they decided to discuss their future plans. Since they worked at different times of the day, the six friends decided to hold the meeting in the middle of the night, or, in Sulonar-terms, in the middle of the day.

            “Man, I’m burning!” Chaerin exclaimed as the girls went down to eat breakfast. “I heard that today’s the hottest day of the year.”

            Dara nodded. She was fanning herself with a piece of paper. “It must be around 110 degrees Fahrenheit right now.”

            Checking her watch, Bom said, “Close, it’s 107.”

            Stopping her fanning for a split second, Dara asked, “How do you know? I thought they measure by Kesnirs here.”

            Bom showed Dara her watch and smiled. “The only useful thing the watch can do now.”

            Chaerin laughed and agreed, “Yeah, the time doesn’t even show up on that watch.”

            When they reached the kitchen, Chaerin took out some orange juice from the refrigerator. She opened the freezer and looked into it. “Aww, they ran out of ice. Hey, Bom can you make some ice for us?”

            Bom paused slightly, feeling unsure. Ever since that night, she hasn’t needed to use her powers so she still hasn’t tried to make ice yet. Taking a breath and concentrating on feeling cold, Bom closed her eyes and envisioned ice cubes in her hand.

            “Cool! Thanks a lot, Bom!” Chaerin shouted. Bom opened her eyes with wonder. There they were. She let out a sigh of relief. Making more ice cubes, Bom offered to put some in Dara’s glass.

            “Do I hear ice?” a voice from the door. Bom turned her head and saw Seungri. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw Chaerin stiffen.

            Did something happen between them? Should I feel happy about that?Bom shook her head to clear away her thoughts. I should worry about that later. “Do you want some?”

            “Of course! It’s burning hot today!” Seungri said as he grabbed a glass from the cupboard.

            Bom put some ice cubes into Seungri’s glass and made another handful. “Anybody else?”

            “Me, please,” Jiyong’s voice came from the door. Bom grabbed a glass, poured the ice in, and handed it to Jiyong.

            “I would like one too,” came Youngbae’s voice.

            “Sure, coming righ—“

            “Hmm, what’s wrong, Bom?” Chaerin asked when she didn’t hear the end of the sentence.

            Bom was looking at her hand. It was filled with water. Chaerin’s eyebrows furrowed. “That’s weird. Bom, how come you’re making water?”

            The rest of the group stopped talking and looked at Bom’s hand.

            Coming to her senses, Bom cleared and quickly tossed the water in the sink. She glanced quickly at Youngbae before she said, “I guess it’s too hot out today. Recently, I’ve been having trouble making ice.”

            She braced herself and looked directly at Youngbae. Smiling, she said, “Sorry, Youngbae. I guess that’s all the ice I could make for today.”

            He looked back at her, his expression worried and apologetic.

            “Wait, what?” Dara voiced out. “That can’t be good. Maybe you’re getting heat sickness.”

            “Ah, maybe,” Bom tried to sound convincing. She tried to push the memory of Youngbae’s kiss to the back of her mind. “Oh well, don’t worry too much about it. I’ll be fine once the weather cools down.”

            They all nodded, reassured. Bom looked over at Youngbae, who still looked a bit unsure. She felt heat rush to her face and quickly looked away. “Alright, since we’re all here, let’s get the meeting started.”

            “Yes,” Youngbae cleared his throat. “As you all know, we have reached the end of our journey, having dispelled all of the known water sources in Terra. However, there have not been any evident results of our escapade, and this is a bit worrisome.”

            “There might be a reason for that,” Seungri raised his hand. “While going out to shop for stones, I saw that the sky, even at night, was covered with clouds. Even now, if we go outside, the sky is probably filled with clouds.”

            “But how about the heat?” Chaerin wondered. “If the sun is covered by clouds, how come it’s so hot right now?”

            “I’m going to guess that it’s because of the greenhouse effect,” Dara thought. “The sunlight gets trapped inside the clouds, and this makes the temperature hotter over here, even underground.”

             “That’s interesting. Then we might want to have those clouds hanging in the sky,” Chaerin considered. “Is that right?”

            “It depends,” Seungri replied. “When I saw the clouds, their color seemed a bit off. It didn’t fit well with the landscape. I think the clouds might be the Vidle’s doing, and they might actually be preventing the sun from evaporating water, not the other way around.”

            “Well, we won’t be able to know for sure unless we find out for ourselves,” Youngbae reasoned. “When the sky turns dark today, we should go and check out the clouds.”

            “Yeah,” Dara agreed. “And I will dispel the clouds just in case.”

            “I can accompany Dara,” Jiyong offered. “I feel like this task doesn’t have to be done with all six of us, so the rest of you guys can continue working. What do you think?”

            “You just want some time alone with Dara, don’t you?” Seungri teased.

            Jiyong’s face started turning slightly pink, but he replied confidently “Wouldn’t you want some alone time with your girlfriend?”

            “Jiyong!” Dara slapped his arm lightly, the color of her cheeks deepening in color. “You don’t have to say that in front of everybody…”

            “Anyway…” Bom interrupted the awkward silence that followed. “I shall take a small nap before going to work. Chaerin, do you want to come with me?”

            “Sure,” Chaerin nodded, her eyes on the floor.

            After the two girls went to their room, Seungri and Youngbae also decided to take a nap and went back to their room.

            “What’s wrong with showing my affections in public?” Jiyong practically shouted.

            “That was to the point,” Dara muttered under her breath. “Didn’t Bom say not to publicly display affections, especially with Chaerin around?”

            Jiyong frowned. “But that was a long time ago. Besides, Chaerin and Seungri are getting together, aren’t they?”

            “They’re not together yet,” Dara reasoned. “In any case, it’s very… embarrassing.”

            Silence permeated the room for a while longer. Becoming nervous, Dara could practically see the build-up of energy that Jiyong was trying to hold back.

            Trying to alleviate the situation, Dara said softly, “I’m sorry Jiyong. I’m just not used to it. Give me a bit more time?”

            It took a while for Jiyong to answer.

“I’ve learned from previous experience that I can’t force anything out of you, so I’ll just play along,” he smiled mischievously. “I’ll coax it out of you somehow.”

            Dara laughed. “Thanks for understanding.”

            “Good, now give me a hug,” Jiyong spread out his arms, smiling.

            “No.”

            His smile faltered, “Why not? Nobody’s here right now.”

            “I don’t want to.”

            “Oh, come on!”

            “No means no.”


Poll Results as of 3/29/12: So, from the results, my next story have GBom and DaraYang pairings :P I'm not sure how I feel about these two pairings. Hmm, let me know what you guys think!!


Comments:

ebomtaro: YESSSS!!! I thought of the same thing!! They both did the same pose!! lol, I didn't think of the melting part, though, but it makes sense!! :D I'm glad my story is impacting your life in some (albeit small) way :DDD hehe, and yayy~ I want to promote the bombae shipping hehehe~

ApplerUra: Oh, I forgive you~~ How did you find me again?

BigBang_VIP: lol, sorry for the wait again :P Thanks for staying with this story for such a long time :D