Terra

Into Another World

7/4/11

Ack! Please don't judge too much by the first paragraph! I promise that this story actually contains romance, so please stick around for at least three more chaptersXD. But, well, the romantic stuff actually happens a bit more like six chapters later... Hmm... I'll try to update quickly! *bows* Lol, HUGE difference from the prequel.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

            Far off outside the Solar System is the Poly System. It contains of two suns, seventeen moons, and seven planets. They are called Synco, Anon, Batau, Terra, Gaia, Nasdak, and Misa. In Terra, the planet is divided into 12 lands by the rivers Change, Undead, Paint, Space, Yix, and Cur. The lands are called Yod, Gin, Ged, Nov, Rhi, Nid, Fos, Wun, Ton, Yul, Hes, and Nod. The land of Nod is covered by every kind of flower there is in the whole Universe. That is why visitors from all over the galaxy visit Nod to collect herbs and medicine. It is also known as the Blue Topaz nation since most people who live in Nod earn a living by picking flowers, raising wass, or mining for blue topazes and turquoises. In addition, the people of Nod somehow have a lot of intelligence.

            Dong Youngbae lives in the land of Nod with his family that adopted him nine years ago. For the past years, neighbors whispered to each other about how he just “ended up” on the Andes' property. It was everybody's interest to find out where he came from and why didn't or couldn’t he go back. Some foolhardy kids went right up to the family and asked them where Youngbae came from. Alana, the adopted mother of the boy, replied that he came from Mahro, which was heaven in Terra. Of course, nobody believed her. So, after that, the neighbors sent some kids to spy on the strange boy. But all they got from the spying is that the boy is extremely depressed. However, anybody could see that after looking at his blank eyes.

            After a few years, the neighbors became less restless, and started to welcome Youngbae to the village as if he had just been a boy who came from another one of Terra’s lands. Each year, they found more things in common between the boy and themselves. A few more years passed by, and Youngbae was the center of attention after he drew a perfect imitation of one of the fields in the village.

           One day, Youngbae was milking the wass (animals that look like cows but spurt milk from the tail) when he heard a big thump. Startled, he looked up. About seven feet in front of him was a body about 5' 4" and with orange-red hair that fell down to her waist. Youngbae ran toward the figure, his heart thumping like a hammer. When he reached it, Youngbae realized the figure was a girl about the same age as he was. After examining her for a while, he noticed a silver chain around her neck. Taking the necklace out, Youngbae saw that it was a silver B-shaped pendant with a snowflake made of opal attached to the right side of the B. He took out his own silver chained necklace and compared it with the girl's. The pendant was shaped like an F and there was a fire background made of a big garnet stone. Somehow, the two necklaces looked oddly alike. Even the silver chain seemed to be made out of the same material.

            Youngbae put his necklace back inside his shirt, and put her pendant back in hers. He smiled. For the first time since he came here, Youngbae 's eyes seemed to come out of its eternal dream. Picking the girl up princess-style, he headed towards the stone cabin that was his house for so many years.

                                                                                 ::::::::::::::::

            Bom opened her eyes, and the first thing she saw was the face of a boy that looked around her age. Somehow, he looked extremely familiar, and the sight of his face made her feel extremely happy.

            “Oh, you’re awake,” he spoke to her, looking relieved.

            Realizing that she was sleeping on a bed in a room that looked like it came out of a 15th century fairytale cottage, Bom sat up. “Where am I?”

            The boy looked reluctant to answer that question, “Umm, I know you might not believe me, but you’re in a place very far from Earth.”

            Bom scrunched her eyebrows, obviously confused. But for some reason, she believed in this familiar faced stranger. Looking around the room again, she could only believe him even more. The whole room was made out of wood, with no paint or plaster to cover up the brown color. The walls, cabinets, tables, and bed were all polished wood. She felt like she traveled back in time and landed in the cottage of a settler living in colonial America. Bom looked back at the boy. “Then, where are we?”

            “A world called Terra,” he answered simply. “Another planet in another dimension.”

            No matter how stupid his explanation was, something in her told her to trust him. It confused her even more. She looked closely into his eyes, and somehow, she saw truth and happiness in them. Suddenly, a magenta color flashed out from the brown eyes. Taken aback, she blinked and tried to clear her head. Maybe you knocked your head on something when you fainted. She tried to explain to herself. Maybe you’re just seeing things.

            “Are you okay?” she heard him ask. She looked back at his eyes, and the magenta color was gone. Nodding her head, Bom decided to try and make sense of her situation.

            “Why am I here?” she asked. “How come I believe everything that you say? Why do you look so familiar?”

            “Because we’ve known each other ever since kindergarten,” he replied without much emotion. Seeing that she was still confused, he continued. “Seungri is my best friend. He, Chaerin, Jiyong, Dara, you, and I were all good friends. Here, we all have these necklaces that we bought together.”

            He took out his silver pendant. Bom looked at it for a second, and tears started welling up her eyes when she realized what it meant. She looked into his eyes and realized why they were so familiar. “You’re the missing person.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Lol, surprise, surprise!! Here's the real setting of the story:P Yeah... ever since reading fairy tales and Harry Potter, and playing video games, I've been a fan of the fantasy genre. *hides in a corner*

Yeah, well, I forgot to do this last chapter, but I want to thank all the subscribers who subscribed to this story before it had any content whatsoever:P And to the new subscribers, welcome, and I hope you have a good time!! Lol, I'm writing so much... I wonder if people actually read this part... :D

And as many of you have already guessed, the missing person is YOUNGBAE!!!

sunshinee_girl: Yep, Youngbae's the one:P

laDy_akhee: Well, 'concealed' is a bit... too secretive... maybe forgotten past?

JVIP13: :D Thanks for that comment! I have to admit... I was a bit insecure about that kiss... it seemed so... fast. Well, as long as you liked it XD