River of Change and Cur

Into Another World

11/13/11

NEW CHAPTER!!! Sorry for not updating for so long!! College is what happened... And this is just a filler chapter too DD: But it's 4am right now, and I don't have enough energy to write more. Maybe I'll write more tomorrow!!


            The next day, the six friends took off in the early morning and walked northwest toward the rivers of Change and Cur. Still tired from the day before, the group decided to take it easy and walk at a slower pace than usual. Halfway to the rivers, they decided to stop and rest. Lying on the grass fields, Seungri looked up at the sky.

           “Wow, there are so many clouds here,” Seungri observed. He then laughed and pointed at the sky. “Hey, look over there! There’s a bunny rabbit!”

            Chaerin let out a small laugh. “So childish.”

            Still, she looked up and found the cloud he was pointing at.

            “Wun’s symbol is five clouds, so it’s no wonder that there are clouds in this region,” Youngbae explained. He looked over at Bom to see what she was doing. “Bom, what’s wrong?”

            She was looking up at the sky as well, but she had a frown on her face. Pointing up at the sky, she commented. “All the clouds are white except for that group of clouds over there. For some reason, they seem greenish to me.”

            The whole group looked up, but everyone except Youngbae was unable to tell the difference. Seungri asked, “Are you sure you aren’t just seeing things?”

            “Hmm, I see it as well,” Youngbae said, still looking up at the sky. He frowned. “That’s odd.”

            The group continued observing the cloud, whether they could see the color difference or not. Suddenly, a strong burst of wind blew the cloud, and the cloud landed directly in front of the sun, covering the world from the sun’s rays and darkening the sky. Afterwards, the cloud stayed in its place, even when the other clouds continued moving.

            “Did you guys see that?” Bom asked, still gazing up at the cloud.

            “That the cloud is covering the sun? Yes,” Youngbae nodded. “It must be the Vidle’s work. She’s trying to prevent the water from evaporating by blocking the sun’s rays.”

            “To obstruct the raining cycle?” Chaerin inferred.

           “Most likely,” Youngbae brought his gaze away from the crowd. Turning to Dara, he asked, “Dara, can you try and dispel the cloud?”

            “Hmm, it’s a bit far away, but I can try,” Dara responded. She turned her gaze back up at the sky and raised her right hand. Slowly, blue light seeped through her hand and up toward the cloud. “Is it working?”

            “The greenish color is slowly diminishing,” Bom smiled. “Yes, just a bit longer.”

            Dara continued holding her hand up, concentrating on releasing blue light. After a few minutes, the cloud moved away from the sun.

            “Nice,” Seungri stated. “Problem 4.5 resolved.”

           

                          ::::

 

            “Argh, I’m so tired!” Chaerin yelled as she flopped on to her bed. “I guess the Vidle is working hard today. First the cloud, then the wolves.”

            After dispelling the cloud, the six friends continued on with their journey and arrived at an inn after crossing the River of Cur. When reaching the two rivers, the teenagers were confronted by a group of rabid wolves, who practically thirsted for their blood. It was a miracle that they were able to come out of the battle unwounded.

            “But I have to admit, that was a good fight,” Dara reflected as she herself laid on her bed. “We had really good teamwork.”

            Bom smiled. “Yeah, we did, didn’t we?”

            During the fight, Jiyong and Youngbae used lightning and fire to attack while the rest of the group used their powers to slow down the rest of the wolf pack and prevent them from getting any closer. Seungri used his power of wind to blow wolves away while Dara used her dispelling charm to make the wolves less berserk. In the meantime, Chaerin knocked down a few wolves with water, and Bom immobilized the wolves by freezing them.

            Although it took a while to finish off the twenty or so wolves, killing off the enormous pack was celebratory act. It was such a huge feat that Chaerin was fast asleep soon after relaxing on her bed.

            “Well, it’s been a long day,” Bom laughed as she saw Chaerin’s sleeping figure. There was silence for a few moments as the two girls pondered about whether to go to sleep or not. Turning her head toward Dara, Bom spoke. “I’ve been meaning to ask you, how are you holding up?”

            Dara frowned. “What do you mean?”

            “What happened yesterday was quite a scare for you, wasn’t it?” Bom referred to the attempted assassination of Jiyong. “I can’t even imagine what I myself would do if I saw someone so injured.”

            “Right now, I’m just relieved,” Dara smiled, a bit bitterly. “If Jiyong had actually died, I wouldn’t know what to do. And the fact that he is still here with me is so relieving.”

            “You two must love each other a lot,” Bom smiled at witnessing a softer side of Dara.

            “Love?” Dara asked, startled. “Well, at this moment, love seems like too strong of a word.”

            “Then, do you think you will two will ever love each other?” Bom was curious.

            Tilting her head to the side, Dara thought about it. “After getting to know Jiyong, I think I can safely say that I will be able to love him, but as for him loving me back, that’s less likely.”

            “Aren’t you being too hard on him?” Bom frowned. “I mean, Jiyong went through great lengths to get to know you and find out who you are. If doesn’t have strong feelings for you, then he wouldn’t have done so many things for you.”

            “Don’t get me wrong,” Dara started. “I am grateful for what he has done for me, and I know he and I feel the same way for each other right now, but I will be met with a lot of competition, especially since he’s so popular among the girls.”

            “Most girls that pursue him are only after his superficial looks, though, and Jiyong doesn’t want that,” Bom defended. “I’m pretty sure that’s why he liked you so much, too.”

            “Well, not all girls,” Dara’s eyes unconsciously landed on Chaerin.

            Following Dara’s line of sight, Bom realized what was worrying Dara. “You’re worried about Chaerin, aren’t you?”

            Staying still for a few moments, Dara nodded slowly. “Sometimes, I feel that I stole Jiyong away from Chaerin. Even though she’s been nothing but nice to me, I know Chaerin still likes Jiyong.”

            “Well, hopefully that will change soon,” Bom proclaimed, trying to lift pacify her friend’s worries. Waving her hand jokingly, she said. “I’ve been trying to get Chaerin and Seungri together for a while now, since I’m almost positive they’d be a great couple.”

            Dara was confused. “But I thought you liked Seungri.”

            Bom froze for a split second, but she recovered herself quickly. “Did you hear that from Jiyong? Well, it’s true, I used to like Seungri, but I stopped liking him after I realized how perfect Chaerin and Seungri would be together.”

            “Well, if that’s the case,” Dara smiled faintly and jokingly said, “it would a big favor if you did that.”


Note: I'll also reply to comments tomorrow/next time :( Sorry! And thanks for your patience!!