Sculptures

Into Another World

11/27/11

Hey, another update!! I'll have another one up soon, but this is just a short chapter to keep you guys, especially bombae shippers, happy. ish. xD 

Enjoy!


            Bom didn’t know what to do. Sitting on a bench outside of the inn, she tried to gather up her feelings. Last night, she happened to overhear what happened between Chaerin and Seungri. Although Bom should feel happy for their progress, she could not help feeling… jealous.

            ‘I don’t want anyone else.’ That was what Seungri told Chaerin, and despite the fact that Bom had always been aware of his devotion to Chaerin, Bom was unable to squash her own feelings for him.

            This is so annoying! Bom thought as she buried her face in her hands. I was even being cold to Chaerin today. If I continue being like this, she’ll figure out that I still like Seungri!

            For the whole day, she had been as annoyed at Chaerin as she had been annoyed at herself. Bom was so thrown off by her jealousy that she caused them to lose their first animal race, and the fact that Chaerin was so forgiving about their loss made Bom feel even more annoyed.

            But more than feeling jealous, Bom was even further disturbed by the fact that she was allowing a guy to impede her friendship with Chaerin. Practically best friends from the day they left their mothers’ wombs, Bom and Chaerin knew that they would be there for each other, no matter what happens. It was a silent pact that allowed their friendship to stay strong for the past eighteen years of their lives. Feeling her chest tighten, Bom released her head from her hands and looked up at the sky, blinking furiously. I can’t cry, she thought.No, dinner’s going to be in ten minutes. I can’t let the others find out.

            Taking deep breaths, Bom closed her eyes and mentally hid away her negative feelings. After the tightness in disappeared, she stood up and went back to the inn. As she went through the door, she saw Youngbae walking towards her.

            “Oh, Bom,” Youngbae smiled. “I was just looking for you. It’s time for dinner.”

            “Ah, yeah,” Bom nodded, smiling back. “I was just heading there.”

            For some reason, Youngbae’s smile was replaced by a frown. He walked up to Bom, and continued staring at her face.

            “Wh-what are you looking at?” Bom stiffened. Are my eyes red?

            “Hmm, there’re no obvious signs,” Youngbae murmured.

            Bom’s heart dropped to her stomach. “Signs of what?”

            Youngbae paused before answering. Finally stepping back and smiling, he replied. “Signs of luck loss. I heard you and Chaerin lost your first animal race. Just wondering if you lost a lucky pimple or something.”

            Heaving a big sigh of relief while punching Youngbae on the arm, Bom cried in mock indignation, “That’s disgusting! And besides, the key to betting on the right animal is not all about luck. I was just not focused today.”

            “Alright, alright,” Youngbae pouted as he rubbed his arm. “No need to hit that hard.”

            Bom laughed and walked toward the kitchen. “Sorry, I just needed to let out some of my frustration.”

            Walking behind Bom, Youngbae smiled bitterly to himself.

 

                                                ::::::

 

            After a few days, Youngbae and Dara finished their work, and Seungri and Jiyong went off to sell the newly crafted products. While heading toward the antique store, Seungri peeked at Youngbae’s sculptures.

            Oh? Seungri examined the sculptures more closely and smiled to himself.

            Walking into the store, Seungri walked up to the customer counter and laid out the sculptures in front of the store clerk.

            “Would you like to buy these sculptures?” Seungri asked straightforwardly.

            The store clerk eyed Seungri disapprovingly. “Why would I want to buy these roughly-made sculptures from a foreigner like you?”

            “The sculptures are not 'roughly-made',” Seungri began as he picked up one of the sculptures. “Instead, they show the raw feelings of love and devotion.”

            The stork clerk raised an eyebrow.

            “Notice how the sculptor crafted this fairy for example,” Seungri continued. “In order to convey the fairy’s contradicting personalities of serenity and liveliness, the sculptor carefully etches rough and discordant lines into sapphire and blue topaz stones, creating an image of vigor hidden by the mask of calm.

            “Also notice the way her hair is placed. The long hair waterfalls down her back, covering the fairy’s wings and preventing her from flying. The sculptor obviously wants to convey that the fairy, although filled with energy and vigor, is trapping herself by creating self-made limitations.

            “Finally, take into account the red ruby ball the fairy is looking so intently at. The ball is also etched carefully. See how the rays from the ruby reflect onto the sculpture, specifically at the hair, the forehead, and the arms? No matter what angle the light is, the red reflections still target those three places.

            “Through this red ball, the sculptor is giving the fairy support. All the rays prompt the fairy to brush away the hair. Obviously, there is a red ray on her hair. There is another on her forehead, as if leaning her head back, and another on her arms, as if lifting them and helping her move the hair away.

            “Does this not convey the loving devotion of the sculptor? Noticing the signs of oppression of his loved one, he creates these sculptures as a secret sign that show his willingness to support and help her with all her troubles. Looking at this sculpture, one will immediately feel the undying support and overwhelming care the sculptor has for his special person. If you think this sculpture is not worth buying, then I don’t know what is.”

            Finally, the clerk let out a small smile. “Okay, I’ll buy this sculpture. What about the other ones?”

            Seungri smiled back. “Well, you should obviously buy all of them, since they all carry out the same message in different ways. Can’t you see that they are all sculptures of the same person?”


Hehe, I have an art history-like essay due for a humanities class. Maybe that will explain a few things.

bigbangdonut: ohhh, 0.0 That's so NICCCEEE. Hmm, well, I get 4 weeks off in December, and that's already a lot compared to previous years. I'll still enjoy the month off, though :D

ebomtaro: lol, yup :D

SuperJ13: I'm working on THE chapter after this!!

BigBang_VIP: yes, university is a time eater. teehee, thanks for reading even though you have classes!